HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

So who has the advantage in GM 7

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Smeagol

vCash: 500
So who has the advantage in GM 7

I kinda like the sens just cause theyve come of such a big game

and are kinda due for a breakout of scoreing, not to mention Belfour is due for a normal game

what do you guys think

Old
04-19-2004, 08:24 AM
chara

A slight edge to the Leafs as its in the ACC but anything can happen in game 7.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Other Dave

All the 'intangible' advantages are with the Leafs for game 7: a hostile home building, experienced veterans who know their way around an elimination game, hot goaltending from one of the league's great players.

If the Sens win on Tuesday it will have to be considered a huge upset.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
I'd say it's pretty much a toss-up.

The Leafs have home ice and Belfour.

The Sens have the motivation from game 6 and something to prove to the world.

I think if the Sens play up to the level we've seen like in OT last night and games 3 0r 4 then they will take it. I have faith in the boys to pull it off this time.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:15 AM
John Flyers Fan

IMO the Sens have a big advantage for game 7, especially if sundin is unable to play.

The question is will the Sens use that advantage ???

Attack the Leafs with pressure from the opening face-off, and don't wait until the 3rd period. Force their defenseman into mistakes and the Sens should win.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:20 AM
o-dog

The time is now for Ottawa and too many people are writing off the Sens while giving too much credit to the Leafs. To me, this looks eerily similar to Toronto's exit against Philly last year...your goalie can only take you so far. Belfour will have to be an unbeatable wall for Ottawa to lose since it is apparent that TO has very limited offensive capabilities. That could very well happen but judging by the Leafs overall play in this series, they are playing with fire and should lose...

Old
04-19-2004, 11:21 AM
OshGeneralfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
IMO the Sens have a big advantage for game 7, especially if sundin is unable to play.

The question is will the Sens use that advantage ???

Attack the Leafs with pressure from the opening face-off, and don't wait until the 3rd period. Force their defenseman into mistakes and the Sens should win.
The Sens have had a big advantage in the last 2 games with the Leafs missing Sundin. They were only able to capitalize once. Sundin is IN for game 7, he skated in full equipment in the full practice this morning. IF the Sens win the game on Tuesday it would be biggest win in their modern day history BY FAR. In my honest opinion, the winner of this series will take care of Tampa Bay (if Boston wins tonight). GO LEAFS GO!!

Old
04-19-2004, 11:37 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OshGeneralfan
The Sens have had a big advantage in the last 2 games with the Leafs missing Sundin. They were only able to capitalize once. Sundin is IN for game 7, he skated in full equipment in the full practice this morning. IF the Sens win the game on Tuesday it would be biggest win in their modern day history BY FAR. In my honest opinion, the winner of this series will take care of Tampa Bay (if Boston wins tonight). GO LEAFS GO!!

I hope you're right, as I'm rooting for the Leafs.

The Sens had the advantage, but they neevr used it in game 5, and waited two periods to use the advantage in game 6.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Kemosabe

Leafs...woo hooo! I gotta think Ottawa is destined to loose this game. They are SOOO good at underachieving, probably the best underachievers in the entire universe, they are just fantastic at blowing it! A very, very good team when it comes to choking.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:53 AM
HF2002

Hmmm...well thought out. Keep up the good work.

Ottawa is capable of taking it up a level and only Belfour is capable of this for toronto. So if Belfour is in it from the start, it should be a close game. If not, it'll be just like last year against Philly.

Edit: Removed quote that was deleted.

Last edited by Hossa: 04-19-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old
04-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe
Leafs...woo hooo! I gotta think Ottawa is destined to loose this game. They are SOOO good at underachieving, probably the best underachievers in the entire universe, they are just fantastic at blowing it! A very, very good team when it comes to choking.
I'd say they're the best overachievers. In the past 5-6 years they've done a lot of overachieving considering their payroll. This year is a bit different...but the Leafs are the MASTERS of underachieving. They've taught everyone how to. No prediction from me again this time...but the Leafs definately have a slight advantage being at home. If the Sens win this..the Leafs should be ashamed and seriously start to rebuild their team.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Buddah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I'd say they're the best overachievers. In the past 5-6 years they've done a lot of overachieving considering their payroll. This year is a bit different...but the Leafs are the MASTERS of underachieving. They've taught everyone how to. No prediction from me again this time...but the Leafs definately have a slight advantage being at home. If the Sens win this..the Leafs should be ashamed and seriously start to rebuild their team.

They need to rebuild now and hire new scouting staff. Also, get rid of Quinn and hire Nolan who is great at developing youth.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Kenadyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedog
To me, this looks eerily similar to Toronto's exit against Philly last year....
One BIG difference -- last year Philly had game 7 at home, this year Toronto has game 7 at home. I know Ottawa won game 1 in the ACC, but this isn't game 1. It's game 7!! No excuses for the Leafs to lose tomorrow.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenadyan
One BIG difference -- last year Philly had game 7 at home, this year Toronto has game 7 at home. I know Ottawa won game 1 in the ACC, but this isn't game 1. It's game 7!! No excuses for the Leafs to lose tomorrow.
And we lost game 7 last year at home to NJ in the Conference Finals. The thing is history means nothing. One piece of history can contradict another when it comes to hockey. So why bother looking at history to predict the future. Bottom line, this series is a new series and seperate from all others.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:41 PM
DARKSIDE

Devil Fan here,

Both are excellent teams and it's gut-check time. In my opinion Belfour will have to steal one for the Leafs, especially, without Sundin. Sens lost a tough game seven last year so; I'll have to go with the healthier and younger Sens. Good luck to both and to all my cousins up in Woodbridge, Ont, sorry guys!

Old
04-19-2004, 12:52 PM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Bang on.

This is perhaps my biggest criticism of Martin - that he's unable to unleash the full offensive firepower of this team right from the get-go. He's so concerned about giving up the first goal that he holds the reins in and we wind up down anyways because we try to grind out the first goal with a batch of largely undersized forwards. I really feel that if we attack the Leafs with the kind of speed we know this team is capable of we will be able to take them in game 7. Speed is our biggest asset against the Leafs - it needs to be mobilized far better than it has been for much of this series.

It's go time, though. The team really showed me something in the 3rd period and OT of last night's game. Time to carry the momentum into Toronto and make it clear that we're ready to take the next step towards the Cup.

Closed Thread