HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buyers, sellers, or do nothing?

View Poll Results: What do we do on the deadline?
Become Buyers 29 29.59%
Become Sellers 48 48.98%
Don't do anything 21 21.43%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
How do you plan to that, that is the point. By your philosophy we should keep these guys. You unsterdand, and i dont know how many times ive said it, these guys are free agents at the end of the year. You are going to have to overpay for your current players who cant play together as a team?

You are going to overpay for Rozsival and Avery?

You TRADE them for players you will be filling their spots with. And THEN fill in with signings and previously owned youth.

And THAT would be cheaper then what you suggest.

All i know is, this team is terrible. Half of them should be gone, not kept or resigned so they can stink it up next year too.

Also, if you are not willing to give a first round pick with world class talent top 6 minutes, but willing to give marginal players at best like Avery or 40 year old players extensions...then you learned nothing from the 8 year playoff drought.
Cheaper than what I want to do? What do I want to do?

I'd rather give a "marginal" player top six minutes than rush a kid to the NHL who might not be ready. Christian Dube anyone?

Do I bring Avery back? For the right price on a one-year deal, no question. Do I bring Rozsival back? Probably not. He will get more elsewhere they can't afford to get into a bidding war.

As far as not learning from the 8 year playoff draught, I'm not the one looking to sign the big UFA to save this team.

Personally, I'm not ready to give up on this season.

You seem to know what Cherepanov is going to be next year. Care to let me in on what tomorrow's lotto numbers are?

02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Larry Melnyk

Type of thread where there is usually a big difference between what people want and what the Rangers and mangement will do in reality...Personally, I think the Rangers will be limited buyers before the deadline..Given the highs and lows of this team, no way mangement gives up on a potential few rounds of PO money which are possible IF Jagr's scoring touch and confidence awakens..But this is also not a team you sell the farm for...But I do see a vet pick-up or two, with youngsters/picks going the other way...

Maybe something like a Barret Jackman (who the Rangers then extend) and Martin Rucinsky for Prucha,Hollweg and a prospect..

And stupid me, clicked sellers instead of buyers..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Bobby Granger

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
Trade James Dolan.. For A 3rd Round Pick

Bobby Granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Cheaper than what I want to do? What do I want to do?

I'd rather give a "marginal" player top six minutes than rush a kid to the NHL who might not be ready. Christian Dube anyone?

Do I bring Avery back? For the right price on a one-year deal, no question. Do I bring Rozsival back? Probably not. He will get more elsewhere they can't afford to get into a bidding war.

As far as not learning from the 8 year playoff draught, I'm not the one looking to sign the big UFA to save this team.

Personally, I'm not ready to give up on this season.

You seem to know what Cherepanov is going to be next year. Care to let me in on what tomorrow's lotto numbers are?
Why discredit young players by comparing them to the ones that didn't pan out.

How about Staal? Dubinsky? Lundqvist?

Amonte? Kovalev? Leetch? Zubov? Marchant? Savard?

Just because a few highly regarded prospects didn't pan out, doesn't mean Cherepanov won't.

If this kid were in any other organization people would be drooling over him.

You know how he will be a bust? If they demote him to Hartford (and going from the RSL to Hartford is a demotion) or give him crappy ice time on the third line and expect him to be a grinding checker.

He will develop properly with top 6 minutes with top 6 players (this does NOT include Avery) and be used for what he is, an offensive threat.

I half wish he would be traded to Washington so he can play with Ovechkin and flourish...because i KNOW the Rangers will mishandle him and expect him to be what he isn't. They will try to get him to be a checking line guy.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
If i hear one more person say that Shanahan is still a good player because "he is a leader on the team with 17 goals" my head is going to explode.

Shanahan's 17 goals is NOT an indication of how good he is playing.

It is an indication of how poorly the team is playing.

He has 8 PPG goals this year. That means he has 9 even strength goals this year. WOWEEE.

Cherepanov could match that number with one leg severed...and probably skate at Shanahan's top speed too.
Shanahan is still a good player because he is a leader on the team with 17 goals.

There. I said it. I'm waiting. Please explode your head

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Shanahan is still a good player because he is a leader on the team with 17 goals.

There. I said it. I'm waiting. Please explode your head
*BOOM*

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote