HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Injury help

Old
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
jared37

vCash: 500
Injury help

Today at hockey practice i went feet first into the boards, (almost identicle to how crosby got injured) and i hurt my ankle. Im pretty sure it isnt broken, i can put weight on it but i cant put weight on it and twist it or bend it. I will try and give you a discription of what one part looks like, and i dont know all of the bones and terms so bare with me.
On the outside of your ankle there is a bump, and beside that bump there is a little bit of a hole, on my ancle right now there is a big bump on that hole

does anyone know what the injury could be, any help would be appreciated
Please be serious

jared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Congo

Oh, it's definitely-YOU SHOULD GO TO A DOCTOR.

The internet by and large did not do multiple years of med school, or is otherwise certified in any way to diagnose you based on a text description.

Congo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
jared37

well i will go to a docter but not now cause it is 10:30 here, but for now im just wondering what it could be, the way i have it positioned now it doesnt hurt alot at all

Old
02-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Crosbyfan

Don't listen to Congo. The net is perhaps the best place to get medical advice. I'm a Doctor myself and I can tell even without looking at you that it's your tonsils. PM me and I'll tell you how you can remove them yourself with common household items.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:30 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
Don't listen to Congo. The net is perhaps the best place to get medical advice. I'm a Doctor myself and I can tell even without looking at you that it's your tonsils. PM me and I'll tell you how you can remove them yourself with common household items.
Thats pretty good!
You give that advice to Sid?

For now always remember RICE, if you are not going to the hospital

Rest
Ice
Compress
Elevate..

I broke my ankle in July, really not much you can do in many cases. Probably a sprain, you'd probably know if you broke it, althoughif you broke your Fibula you cn usually still walk, its non-weightbearing. def go to a doc though...

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
jared37

i went to the hospital today and it was a bad high ankle sprain, and the docter said i have to be off the ice for a 2 weeks, and i have to stay on crutches for acouple of days

Old
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred38 View Post
i went to the hospital today and it was a bad high ankle sprain, and the docter said i have to be off the ice for a 2 weeks, and i have to stay on crutches for acouple of days
hmm thats it, lucky it wasnt worse. and oh btw i called it reading down the page

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 08:40 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred38 View Post
You may want to wear some kind of ankle brace the first few times you do go skate. I know it was different, but last night i played my first game in 6 months after breaking my ankle. I have been skating for weeks, and use an Ace style wrap. Not comfortable at all, but at least it helps. Took a while to get things going to.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
hmm thats it, lucky it wasnt worse. and oh btw i called it reading down the page
A Sprain can actually be worse than breaking, depend son how much ligament damage there is....Many times a Doc will say it is better to break. Although I am not sure i agree with them after my encounter.....

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote