HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Nifty and Gord!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2004, 05:57 PM
  #1
Don Cherry*
 
Don Cherry*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 6,100
vCash: 500
Nifty and Gord!

Our very own "hubofhockey" was just on the pregame and Nifty stood up for Joe and then Gord Kluzak did as well. Gord even said that Joe should take the article and throw it in the trash! Gord called the article inappropriate.

Let's face it, the fact that Joe has been on the ice at all shows that he's a true captain and that's what leadership is all about.

Joe hasn't whined about his injury, he's simply played through it and made no excuses. There's been no whining from Joe. Too bad the same can't be said for the media who want to cut the guy down when he's clearly playing hurt. Who cares if he didn't want to be hounded for a day?

Go Nifty, Go Gord and GO JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited due to severe spelling mistake.


Last edited by Don Cherry*: 04-19-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Don Cherry* is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 06:04 PM
  #2
Grapes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 70 miles from Boston
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
Go Nifty, Go Gord and GO JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was absolutely the greatest thing to watch such great guys and players as Nifty and Gordy standing up and supporting Joe!

@ Nifty & Gordy & JOE !!

PS: Kevin's article has bothered me all day, i was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and think he was just doing it to get Joe going, after seeing him on NESN, he clearly was whining about Joe not talking to him,.. i will respectfully not say what i really think of Kevin (he is a member of our board and except for this one i love his articles and like his insight in the game),...but i am not happy with Kev.


Last edited by Grapes: 04-19-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Grapes is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 06:08 PM
  #3
MAINE-IAC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: southern maine
Posts: 3,008
vCash: 500
good for them. i hope joe has a monster night.

MAINE-IAC is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 06:49 PM
  #4
Don Cherry*
 
Don Cherry*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 6,100
vCash: 500
Why not go to Thornton and tell him face to face that you have a problem with him rather than bite him in the back at the worst possible time? It's clearly a sour grapes thing because Joe didn't feel like wasting his time with the media for a day.

Joe has had a HUGE first period. Go Captain Joe!!!!!!!!!!

Don Cherry* is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 06:54 PM
  #5
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,878
vCash: 500
I think this is pretty obvious that this piece has blown up in KPD's face. I can only say: GOOD.

I am sure he will get some of the WEEI "media brotherhood" to agree with him so he gets to save a little face.

Glad Nifty and Gord thought it was as ill timed and inapropriate as we all did.

Bruwinz37 is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 07:02 PM
  #6
misterjaggers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Duke City
Country: United States
Posts: 14,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
Our very own "hubofhockey" was just on the pregame and Nifty stood up for Joe and then Gord Kluzak did as well. Gord even said that Joe should take the article and throw it in the trash! Gord called the article inappropriate.

Let's face it, the fact that Joe has been on the ice at all shows that he's a true captain and that's what leadership is all about.

Joe hasn't whined about his injury, he's simply played through it and made no excuses. There's been no whining from Joe. Too bad the same can't be said for the media who want to cut the guy down when he's clearly playing hurt. Who cares if he didn't want to be hounded for a day?

Go Nifty, Go Gord and GO JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great post, D.C.!


misterjaggers is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 07:41 PM
  #7
TJF
Registered User
 
TJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,696
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I think this is pretty obvious that this piece has blown up in KPD's face. I can only say: GOOD.

I am sure he will get some of the WEEI "media brotherhood" to agree with him so he gets to save a little face.

Glad Nifty and Gord thought it was as ill timed and inapropriate as we all did.

I have a feeling we won't see Kevin around here anytime soon.

TJF is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 07:46 PM
  #8
BeantownBilly
Registered User
 
BeantownBilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Kelly Hrudey also stood up for Joe bigtime in the first intermission......

BeantownBilly is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 09:39 PM
  #9
JimmyV
Registered User
 
JimmyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JimmyV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownBilly
Kelly Hrudey also stood up for Joe bigtime in the first intermission......
KPD should be ashamed of himself for putting a personal issue in the paper w/ Thornton...if Joe doesn't want to talk to KPD....I don't think it bothers any readers of his paper....screw!!!

JimmyV is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
  #10
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 33,972
vCash: 50
Awards:
keep it to one thread .

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.