HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pat Quinn

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 12:46 PM
OshGeneralfan

vCash: 500
Pat Quinn

Alright, with the Eve of Game 7 upon us I had to ask this question to get some opinions. Pat Quinn has been a FANTASTIC coach in the regular season and his record speaks for itself. HOWEVER, we all know that the regular season means nothing in the city of Toronto, it's all about how far did we go in the playoffs. I have 100% confident that the Leafs will pull off game 7 tomorrow night. BUT, if they for some reason do not do this, what is Pat Quinn's future?? Getting knocked out of the playoffs in the first round 2 years in a row is not very impressive, ESPECIALLY in TO. Now, keep in mind that the team on the ice (for the majority) is not JFJ's team, it is Pat Quinns. Pat signed the players, he made the deals to build the team that is on the ice now. Keep in mind that I'm referring to the deals made PRIOR to JFJ taking over the helm. I'm just trying to get some opinions as to whether the game tomorrow night is for not only advancing to the second round, but to keep Quinns job as well....

Old
04-19-2004, 12:57 PM
wasting time

I like Quinn a lot but if he does not make it past a few rounds then he should go. Next year JFJ is going to make his serious imprint on this team. Players like Renberg, Reichel and a few others will be gone for sure. Green is gone; Mogilny may retire, Domi may even be gone. JFJ is going to start to restructure the team and he is going to want to do it around a coach of his choosing. With Quennville out there for the taking I can see JFJ making an offering for him.

Watching this Leafs team against Ottawa I think it is very hard to be critical of Pat. You may want to criticize the lines and who's playing with whom, but from what I see Ottawa is simply a superior team. The difference has been:

1. Ed Belfour (a Quinn signing)
2. The character of the Leaf's team - they are impossible to kill - a team of Terminators. And the Leafs are so hard to kill because they are the embodiment of Pat's personality.

I'll be sad to him go.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:37 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
I like Quinn a lot but if he does not make it past a few rounds then he should go. Next year JFJ is going to make his serious imprint on this team. Players like Renberg, Reichel and a few others will be gone for sure. Green is gone; Mogilny may retire, Domi may even be gone. JFJ is going to start to restructure the team and he is going to want to do it around a coach of his choosing. With Quennville out there for the taking I can see JFJ making an offering for him.

Watching this Leafs team against Ottawa I think it is very hard to be critical of Pat. You may want to criticize the lines and who's playing with whom, but from what I see Ottawa is simply a superior team. The difference has been:

1. Ed Belfour (a Quinn signing)
2. The character of the Leaf's team - they are impossible to kill - a team of Terminators. And the Leafs are so hard to kill because they are the embodiment of Pat's personality.

I'll be sad to him go.
I agree that we are facing a superior team. Belfour was a terrific signing. I will never be sad to see Quinn go. If we can slightly modify our ugly yet effective style tomorrow we will win this series. I would prefer that when we have a little space that we put a few more pucks on net instead of dumps into the corners. Maybe try just a little more to try and get two goals instead of one. Its a fine line.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Mike1

I think they're will be lots of pressure to axe Quinn & if the Leafs lose i think they should. Two first round elimination's when the team invested alot to see this team go far in the playoffs is reason enough. The team had lots of opportunity to finish higher & Quinn couldn't motivate them enough to do it.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
I dont think Queen ville is kind of coach toronto needs or wants

Ted Nolan

pat can semi retire then when jf jr falls flat on his face and gets in trouble then he;ll be fired pat will be brought back to GM and within 2 yrs toronto wins cup

Closed Thread