HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Go Bruins !

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Schenn02

vCash: 500
I can't believe the Habs won. I have to give them credit, coming from a 3-1 deficit! Wow! Oh well, thats just bad news for us if we beat Ottawa tomorrow night.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:12 PM
ArtVandelei

Son of a *****. 3 toughest teams in the east were always Us, Ottawa and Philly, and now, for the 2nd year in a row, we'd need to get past the both of them just to get to the 3rd round. Meanwhile, the ****ing Habs can get to the finals by playing relative playoff lightweights, and then meet the beat-up Flyers, Leafs or Sens.

Just not fair, dammit.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Perfect_Gravity

YAAAAAAAAAAA HAbS win

BTW hopefully you guys win tomorow too

Old
04-19-2004, 10:23 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

im a habs fan again

a leaf-habs conference final

o man

Old
04-19-2004, 10:25 PM
ArtVandelei

But I will say, Leafs made their own bed by losing to garbage teams down the stretch. Hell, if not for ****ing Kidd, our road to the playoffs would lie through Isles and Habs as opposed to Sens and Flyers.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Mike1

You gotta give Montreal credit. Coming back from a 3-1 series lead is pretty tough.Especially considering the way they lost game 4 with blowing the lead in the last minute & the Kovalev incident in overtime.I don't know what happened with Boston. They had the Habs by the throat even without Thorton's impact & they never got their game together again.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Confused_Combination

all you Leaf fans need to chill. Who the heck cares who they play. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best and if you are going to pray for a sissy way too the cup then I sure don't want it. We play who we play and we beat who we play. Philly might be tough, but that rivalry is great. Bring on game 7 already.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:44 PM
ArtVandelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused_Combination
all you Leaf fans need to chill. Who the heck cares who they play. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best and if you are going to pray for a sissy way too the cup then I sure don't want it. We play who we play and we beat who we play. Philly might be tough, but that rivalry is great. Bring on game 7 already.
Shouldn't you be fighting crime somewhere? Rescuing a damsel in distress?

If it's been said once, it's been said a million times. Playoffs are a war of attrition. If you have to go through hell and back just to get to the conference finals, the odds are stacked extremely against you- particularly when you're the oldest team in the league.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Confused_Combination

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandelei
Shouldn't you be fighting crime somewhere? Rescuing a damsel in distress?

If it's been said once, it's been said a million times. Playoffs are a war of attrition. If you have to go through hell and back just to get to the conference finals, the odds are stacked extremely against you- particularly when you're the oldest team in the league.
so? doesn't mean I'm gonna be one who sits and prays just, so we don't play the best teams.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:06 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused_Combination
so? doesn't mean I'm gonna be one who sits and prays just, so we don't play the best teams.
I applaud the warrior stance coming from a Leaf's fan. I'll be honest and say I'm more of an Ottawa fan than Toronto, but this would be a great year if we were treated to a Montreal/Boston series and a Montreal/Toronto series. Two best rivalries of all time. Besides, I think you guys match up better against Philly than anyone left in the east, so we could all use the help!

Closed Thread