Notices

I disagree

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 11:49 PM
maswe12

vCash: 500
I disagree

With the team strategy for the series. Way too much dumping a chasing... We played too much like an underdog, too much on our heels waiting to defend the Habs. I think we needed to come out (like in game one) and carry the play and take the game too them. Instead I see dumping and then more dumping, and shots from far out, and more long shots---I dont like the philosophy sullivan has, they are playing not to lose which never works and didnt in this case.

I feel terrible for Joe. I was about to rip him before this game but I thought he was our best player on the ice...the bounces just didnt go his way. If his linemates could bury some chances he would have a handful of assists and we may be talking philadelphia. Unfortunatly he is goign to shoulder the blame for this one and I dont think its fair.

I couldnt believe when Gill( Ithink) iced that puck AFTER a change when he easily could have skated to the red line and at least dumped it in. Mistakes like that cost games, and on the next face off they score quickly and its over. Rolston doesnt tie up his man and zednik puts home the winner.

I am so dissapointed. This core of guys just doesnt have the attitude to win one series, let alone a Cup. I think we have a great nucleus to build around---I absolutely love Bergeron and Sammy and hopefully Nylander will have a home here for many years. Joe is still my boy and whether or not he is captain material, I think he deserves another healthy shot. I cant wait to see him without Murray---who i really think hindered his creativity. Murray doesnt skate hard, takes dumb penalties, and cant consistently put the puck home...If we can find someone who can finish in the offseason...Id love for him to replace Muzz. Its easy to forget that Joe is only 24...For some reason I think this playoff experience will REALLY help him in the future.

Man, this one hurts bad. Even though I saw it coming after game 5...when the futility hits you its just so depressing. Another year gone, another best chance wasted. As much as I dont want to see these guys for a while I really hope the Players and Owners can work something out to save our great game. Its the greatest game on the planet, and it loses more fans every week...yeah its got its problems but it can and will be worked out and I hope that the next time we see hockey its ready to flourish and get the attention it deserves.

Its a tough night in Bruin land....It hurts to lose to a team with such blatant disrespect for the integrity of the game. But they do skate hard and it killed us. And for another year, we are left here shaking our heads, wondering when or if we will ever step up and win the cup again. I think I'll cry myself to sleep...Feel better Bruins fans...

Old
04-19-2004, 11:53 PM
velimiiro

The bruins need speed, not size... maybe they'll learn one day...

Old
04-20-2004, 12:13 AM
maswe12

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
The bruins need speed, not size... maybe they'll learn one day...
you need both...but you need to skate...and our guys dont skate hard...we need a bit more speed on defense...but we need to utilize our speed and strength on offense...Habs forwards look alot faster because they were ALWAYS hitting our zone hard...We probably need a bit more speed on D, or we can just get rid of Gill and McGillis

Closed Thread