Investment in this team...

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Mayhem

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Investment in this team...

I for one cannot get over how heartbroken I am right now. For once it seemed like everyone from management to players was on the same page. And while may a Stanley Cup wasn't in the cards this year, a solid playoff push was almost a certainty in my mind. But the hockey gods didn't see it fit to bless us this time. I cannot believe how many bounces didn't go the Bruins way this entire series, especially in that third period. Almost every good chance we had late in that game bounced just wide, or over a stick or off a leg. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. After was all said and done I felt as hollow as I did a few short months a go when a certain team in pinstripes dispatched our beloved Sox in extra innings in game seven.

I came to realize how much I, and all of us for that matter invested emotianlly in this team. And to be honest on the ride home from my friends house (whom I left all as equally despondent) by myself, I shed a few tears. Even now as I post this I am still a bit overwhelmed with sorrow.

But I guess if the loss to the "Evil Empire" in october taught me anything, it is that eventually the pain will subside and I will again fall in love with this team. But right now the hurt is hard to bear, so I think I'm gonna have to take some time away.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
Ive followed the Bruins closesly for more then half my life and i can honestly say ive never watched them so closely as i have the last few months.
I went to the Fleet more times in the last 2 months then i had the previous 3-4 seasons, i really thought this team could make a hell of a run, jsut the uncertainty on whose gonna be on this team next year and not even knowing when next year will be makes it tougher....i am so not ready to focus on Baseball yet

Old
04-20-2004, 12:05 AM
maswe12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
I for one cannot get over how heartbroken I am right now. For once it seemed like everyone from management to players was on the same page. And while may a Stanley Cup wasn't in the cards this year, a solid playoff push was almost a certainty in my mind. But the hockey gods didn't see it fit to bless us this time. I cannot believe how many bounces didn't go the Bruins way this entire series, especially in that third period. Almost every good chance we had late in that game bounced just wide, or over a stick or off a leg. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. After was all said and done I felt as hollow as I did a few short months a go when a certain team in pinstripes dispatched our beloved Sox in extra innings in game seven.

I came to realize how much I, and all of us for that matter invested emotianlly in this team. And to be honest on the ride home from my friends house (whom I left all as equally despondent) by myself, I shed a few tears. Even now as I post this I am still a bit overwhelmed with sorrow.

But I guess if the loss to the "Evil Empire" in october taught me anything, it is that eventually the pain will subside and I will again fall in love with this team. But right now the hurt is hard to bear, so I think I'm gonna have to take some time away.

I second that. EVERY bounce went the other way. Oh well it wasnt meant to be.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I think the problem with the bounces not going our way, etc., is that we really weren't generating a lot of high quality chances. While Theodore was solid, and he did make some big saves, it was not really the case that he stood on his head in the Luongo-stole-the-game type of performance. The B's simply did not generate the kind of top notch offensive effort the Kovalev-Zednik-Koivu line did. I think there was an imbalance in the quality of the offensive efforts and that's why the Canadiens prevailed, despite Raycroft's genuinely superior play.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:21 AM
stungun

i feel all your pain but at the end of the day this is just a game guys. this team wasnt built to win in the playoffs and we all know it. steal a round or two is not what i want out of my teams. this franchise is ready for a regime change. we are stuck in complacency and it is alienating life long bruins fans from this team. GO RED SOX GO.........

Old
04-20-2004, 12:28 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem

I agree...lots of time and emotions invested in this team. We take our chances hoping for the best. This one was pretty bad...really bad. As bad as the Red Sox losing to the Yanks last fall. The fact is, after being up 3-1 in the series and pinning a real tough double OT loss on the Habs, there's no way in the world this team should have lost. This is yet another in a long line of heartbreaking losses for Boston sports fans.

At least the Patriots know how to deliver when the game is on the line. Thank God because they have given us some sense of salvation.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
I agree...lots of time and emotions invested in this team. We take our chances hoping for the best. This one was pretty bad...really bad. As bad as the Red Sox losing to the Yanks last fall. The fact is, after being up 3-1 in the series and pinning a real tough double OT loss on the Habs, there's no way in the world this team should have lost. This is yet another in a long line of heartbreaking losses for Boston sports fans.

At least the Patriots know how to deliver when the game is on the line. Thank God because they have given us some sense of salvation.
I wish I could take solace in the Patriots I really do but they are third on my list to be honest. Sox and Bruins are 1a and 1b, while I don care a fair amount about things Patriot, to say that is at the level of the fomer pair would be way off base.

But hey how bout Corey Dillon to plug the hole at RB that has existed since Curtis Martin made his way to the greener pastures of New York.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:26 AM
08Neely
Blades of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker

This is worse than the Sox Yanks last year.
I would trade both Superbowls and any shot at ever winning the world series for another cup in my lifetime. I could really care less about the other titles to be honest.
Seeing Bourque win it only made me want to see the B's get one all the more.

Bad medicine to take IMHO, all the more bitter since it was "that" damn team.

Closed Thread