HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge: 3rd Time's a Charm

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
does anyone here have any experience with Alaskan Malamutes? I have wanted one for a few years, after watching Westminster and doing some research online about them. i think they are beautiful and i love their goofy personalities. but I'd really love to hear from anyone who may have some first hand experience. thanks - hg

Old
02-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Camden received five stitches in his chin today.

Within 15 minutes of ice skating at his party, he experienced a "face plant" and cut open his chin. Thankfully, one of the hockey dads is also a doctor, and bandaged him up. I was ready to take him to the doctor then, party be damned, but Doctor Dave said he'd be fine if we wanted to wait.

And Dr. Dave was right.

As soon as I cleaned the blood off him (and it was POURING out EVERYWHERE), he went right back out on the ice.

Two hours later, we were at the clinic, and he received his stitches. So that makes 10 stitches in 6 months. He, of course, is very proud and wanted to know how many stitches Jay Bouwmeester had when he was five. LOL

The mini ice rink was a huge hit, but unfortunately, the thing is freakin' huge and they will have to play with hit outside.

We also bought him a new stick, Reebok, Sid Crosby stick (hey, it was cheap). He was excited when we told him it was a Sidney Crosby stick and said, "thanks for my new Disney Crosby stick!" LOL
I'm sorry he got hurt, but I love the fact that he went back out and skated before he got his stitches. He's certainly a little hockey player, cracked me up that he was proud of his stitches.

at Disney Crosby. Didn't realize his name mixed up to become that. We're still looking like we'll be moving down there, will have to go to a few of their games.

02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
OMGosh! I love your dog!!!! Just beautiful!

He's still a little stinker, weighing in at 26lbs. at 11 weeks old. He's got some catching up to do (according to the "experts"). But we don't want to rush his growth.

The jersey is the first jersey Cam ever had. I keep it in his keepsake box, but I just couldn't resist trying it on Domi. LOL He was not pleased.
Wow! I thought Puck was growing fast (29lbs at 13 weeks). He's gonna be huge! My girlfriend said when he is full grown he's getting his own Panther jersey. lol

Good job keeping his growth at a slow/steady pace. I'm sure you already knew that having previously owned a GD.

Old
02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
does anyone here have any experience with Alaskan Malamutes? I have wanted one for a few years, after watching Westminster and doing some research online about them. i think they are beautiful and i love their goofy personalities. but I'd really love to hear from anyone who may have some first hand experience. thanks - hg
I saw that dog on Westminster. My husband turned to me and said, "I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful Alaskan Malamute!" Gorgeous dog. I don't have any personal experience with them, but I understand they are very loyal to their pack leader (which would be you, if you got one). I also have read that they aren't the best dog for small kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm sorry he got hurt, but I love the fact that he went back out and skated before he got his stitches. He's certainly a little hockey player, cracked me up that he was proud of his stitches.
You know what that little stinker did last night? He pulled them out. I could have strangled him. He said he didn't need them anymore, so he just picked them out. So now he has some butterfly bandaids until I deem him healed enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Wow! I thought Puck was growing fast (29lbs at 13 weeks). He's gonna be huge! My girlfriend said when he is full grown he's getting his own Panther jersey. lol

Good job keeping his growth at a slow/steady pace. I'm sure you already knew that having previously owned a GD.
You should get him a personalized jersey with his name on the back. LOL Be sure to post a picture of it if you get one for him. I'm not getting Domi his own jersey until he's full grown.

Definitely keeping his growth rate at a slow, steady pace. I recently joined a board of mastiff owners, and they have given me invaluable advice on what to feed him. He's currently on Eagle Pack for Giant Breed Puppies, but we'll be switching him to the adult brand in a month or two.

I like to walk him every day for about 45 minutes, but with this rain he missed his walk last night. What a difference. He's bouncing off the walls with energy. Maybe it's time to invest in a tread mill. LOL

Old
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
You should get him a personalized jersey with his name on the back. LOL Be sure to post a picture of it if you get one for him. I'm not getting Domi his own jersey until he's full grown.

Definitely keeping his growth rate at a slow, steady pace. I recently joined a board of mastiff owners, and they have given me invaluable advice on what to feed him. He's currently on Eagle Pack for Giant Breed Puppies, but we'll be switching him to the adult brand in a month or two.

I like to walk him every day for about 45 minutes, but with this rain he missed his walk last night. What a difference. He's bouncing off the walls with energy. Maybe it's time to invest in a tread mill. LOL
Yea, I'm waiting till he's full grown to get him a jersey.

I also joined a Weim forum and have learned a lot. Right now, he's on Canidae All Life Stages. Seems Weims stomachs are pretty picky, but this food had a lot of good reviews by Weim owners as far as keeping their stools healthy.

What did we ever do without the internet?

Old
02-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

You know what that little stinker did last night? He pulled them out. I could have strangled him. He said he didn't need them anymore, so he just picked them out. So now he has some butterfly bandaids until I deem him healed enough.
That's crazy! I was pretty tough kid, but there was no way I was going to start yanking on my stitches. It didn't hurt him at all?

Old
02-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That's crazy! I was pretty tough kid, but there was no way I was going to start yanking on my stitches. It didn't hurt him at all?
Apparently not. He didn't even tell me about it. I was reading them a bedtime story and I glanced at him and noticed his "goatee" of stitches was gone. So I looked more closely, and sure enough, they were all gone. The wound looks good, no bleeding, and the wound is closed, but still....I worry he'll bust it open again, so that's why I bandaged it up again.

I asked him what happened, and he just kind of shrugged and said he took them out. Which is pretty incredible because all five stitches were knotted pretty tightly.

Here's what they looked like prior to the removal:

Old
02-13-2008, 12:27 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
That's one tough kid you've got, Lola.

Old
02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Apparently not. He didn't even tell me about it. I was reading them a bedtime story and I glanced at him and noticed his "goatee" of stitches was gone. So I looked more closely, and sure enough, they were all gone. The wound looks good, no bleeding, and the wound is closed, but still....I worry he'll bust it open again, so that's why I bandaged it up again.

I asked him what happened, and he just kind of shrugged and said he took them out. Which is pretty incredible because all five stitches were knotted pretty tightly.

Here's what they looked like prior to the removal:

You've got your hands full, girl. That's a story you guys can tell each other the rest of your lives.

Old
02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

The wound started to open tonight. Thank God my MIL is a nurse. She told us to put some butterfly bandaids on it again, then reinforce those with a heavy duty bandage. So that's what we did. I told him if he touches them again he won't get to go to the Panthers' game Friday night. Fortunately, the wound only opened on one side, but it was enough to gross me out again.

Old
02-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

So....does anyone have plans for Valentine's Day?

I'm making steak and mushrooms, and twice baked potatoes for dinner. Since my daughter was disappointed with my husband's gift to me ("not romantic at all!" were her words), I'll throw some candles on the table too (her idea of romance).

My husband bought me a new (to me) PowerBook G4 and upgraded the RAM to a gig (desperately needed it for work), and I got him 'Call of Duty 4' for PS3. We'll be spending the night playing with our new toys. LOL

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

Old
02-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:

I'm making steak and mushrooms, and twice baked potatoes for dinner. Since my daughter was disappointed with my husband's gift to me ("not romantic at all!" were her words), I'll throw some candles on the table too (her idea of romance).

My husband bought me a new (to me) PowerBook G4 and upgraded the RAM to a gig (desperately needed it for work), and I got him 'Call of Duty 4' for PS3. We'll be spending the night playing with our new toys. LOL

Happy Valentine's day to you too! That meal sounds freakin Godly.

I'm making chicken parm and rotini, simple but effective imo

No presents on this side though

Old
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
Quote:
twice baked potatoes
What are twice baked potatoes ? How do you make them ?

Sounds interesting.

Old
02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post

Sounds interesting.
they are freaking amazing. All you need to know.

Old
02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
I'm guessing the process involves taking potatoes and baking them a couple of times

I'll be making chicago steakhouse rub seasoned filet mignon with seasoned roasted potatoes for my wife and myself...and probably mac and cheese for my all-too-picky son

And as for the recipe, I got it out of this month's Hannaford Inspirations booklet, available free with a $30 grocery purchase at your local Hannaford Bros. supermarket

02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:

Sounds interesting.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Twice-B...II/Detail.aspx

Except I don't put American cheese on top, I put cheddar and sprinkle some bacon bits (real, not imitation) on top.

They are fabulous....but I only make them once or twice a year because they're not the healthiest things in the world.

Old
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I'm guessing the process involves taking potatoes and baking them a couple of times

I'll be making chicago steakhouse rub seasoned filet mignon with seasoned roasted potatoes for my wife and myself...and probably mac and cheese for my all-too-picky son

And as for the recipe, I got it out of this month's Hannaford Inspirations booklet, available free with a $30 grocery purchase at your local Hannaford Bros. supermarket
Mmmmmmm....sounds delicious! No idea what a Hannaford Bros. supermarket is. LOL Is it like Publix?

Old
02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Mmmmmmm....sounds delicious! No idea what a Hannaford Bros. supermarket is. LOL Is it like Publix?
Probably - it's the dominant supermarket chain in New England right now. Largely responsible for driving out A&P and putting Grand Union out of business. Still have competition with Shaw's and Price Chopper, though...but Hannaford has better prices overall, whereas with double/triple coupons and deep sales you can cherry pick good bargains at the other two places.

Old
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Twice-B...II/Detail.aspx

Except I don't put American cheese on top, I put cheddar and sprinkle some bacon bits (real, not imitation) on top.

They are fabulous....but I only make them once or twice a year because they're not the healthiest things in the world.
Hmm...sounds like how I do my once-baked potatoes...only we don't eat the skins - lately I just scoop all the potato out and mix the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, bacon bits, cheese (usually shredded sharp cheddar) and - my only deviation from this recipe - green onions together in a bowl, then serve like that. No second bake - does it make much of a difference in flavor to reheat all the ingredients?

Old
02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:

Lola,

You and your husband exchanged some pretty cool gifts! And dinner sounds fantastic!

I'm not sure what we're doing tonight. Most likely, we'll stay home since we're all struggling with colds this week.

As for Valentine's gifts, my wife and I don't do much, but that's largely because our birthdays are in February.

Old
02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
No second bake - does it make much of a difference in flavor to reheat all the ingredients?
Not really. I just like the cheese on top to be crispy. Personal preference, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Lola,

You and your husband exchanged some pretty cool gifts! And dinner sounds fantastic!

I'm not sure what we're doing tonight. Most likely, we'll stay home since we're all struggling with colds this week.

As for Valentine's gifts, my wife and I don't do much, but that's largely because our birthdays are in February.
Hope you guys feel better soon! And Happy Birthday!!!

We don't generally buy each other gifts on Valentine's Day, but my iBook was piggishly slow, and we came across a great deal on Craigslist for the PowerBook. Of course, I felt guilty, so I picked up a new video game.

Old
02-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Singles Awareness parties rock. I'm hungover.

Old
02-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
There was a shooting outside my high school today 15 minutes after school was dismissed...

Old
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Would it be ok for me to get the word out about my friend's band? Their new CD went on sale today, and they're having a one-day only sale tomorrow.

The band is called, "Pillar", and the name of the CD is, "For the Love of the Game". It totally rocks. It's their best CD yet.

You can buy it on sale tomorrow here - http://www.musichristian.com/refer/pl227/pillar

Old
02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Would it be ok for me to get the word out about my friend's band? Their new CD went on sale today, and they're having a one-day only sale tomorrow.

The band is called, "Pillar", and the name of the CD is, "For the Love of the Game". It totally rocks. It's their best CD yet.

You can buy it on sale tomorrow here - http://www.musichristian.com/refer/pl227/pillar
Thanks for letting me know, I'll be picking it up.

Closed Thread