HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge: 3rd Time's a Charm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
  #51
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
does anyone here have any experience with Alaskan Malamutes? I have wanted one for a few years, after watching Westminster and doing some research online about them. i think they are beautiful and i love their goofy personalities. but I'd really love to hear from anyone who may have some first hand experience. thanks - hg

Happy Girl is offline  
Old
02-12-2008, 06:33 PM
  #52
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Camden received five stitches in his chin today.

Within 15 minutes of ice skating at his party, he experienced a "face plant" and cut open his chin. Thankfully, one of the hockey dads is also a doctor, and bandaged him up. I was ready to take him to the doctor then, party be damned, but Doctor Dave said he'd be fine if we wanted to wait.

And Dr. Dave was right.

As soon as I cleaned the blood off him (and it was POURING out EVERYWHERE), he went right back out on the ice.

Two hours later, we were at the clinic, and he received his stitches. So that makes 10 stitches in 6 months. He, of course, is very proud and wanted to know how many stitches Jay Bouwmeester had when he was five. LOL

The mini ice rink was a huge hit, but unfortunately, the thing is freakin' huge and they will have to play with hit outside.

We also bought him a new stick, Reebok, Sid Crosby stick (hey, it was cheap). He was excited when we told him it was a Sidney Crosby stick and said, "thanks for my new Disney Crosby stick!" LOL
I'm sorry he got hurt, but I love the fact that he went back out and skated before he got his stitches. He's certainly a little hockey player, cracked me up that he was proud of his stitches.

at Disney Crosby. Didn't realize his name mixed up to become that. We're still looking like we'll be moving down there, will have to go to a few of their games.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
  #53
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
OMGosh! I love your dog!!!! Just beautiful!

He's still a little stinker, weighing in at 26lbs. at 11 weeks old. He's got some catching up to do (according to the "experts"). But we don't want to rush his growth.

The jersey is the first jersey Cam ever had. I keep it in his keepsake box, but I just couldn't resist trying it on Domi. LOL He was not pleased.
Wow! I thought Puck was growing fast (29lbs at 13 weeks). He's gonna be huge! My girlfriend said when he is full grown he's getting his own Panther jersey. lol

Good job keeping his growth at a slow/steady pace. I'm sure you already knew that having previously owned a GD.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
  #54
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
does anyone here have any experience with Alaskan Malamutes? I have wanted one for a few years, after watching Westminster and doing some research online about them. i think they are beautiful and i love their goofy personalities. but I'd really love to hear from anyone who may have some first hand experience. thanks - hg
I saw that dog on Westminster. My husband turned to me and said, "I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful Alaskan Malamute!" Gorgeous dog. I don't have any personal experience with them, but I understand they are very loyal to their pack leader (which would be you, if you got one). I also have read that they aren't the best dog for small kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm sorry he got hurt, but I love the fact that he went back out and skated before he got his stitches. He's certainly a little hockey player, cracked me up that he was proud of his stitches.
You know what that little stinker did last night? He pulled them out. I could have strangled him. He said he didn't need them anymore, so he just picked them out. So now he has some butterfly bandaids until I deem him healed enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Wow! I thought Puck was growing fast (29lbs at 13 weeks). He's gonna be huge! My girlfriend said when he is full grown he's getting his own Panther jersey. lol

Good job keeping his growth at a slow/steady pace. I'm sure you already knew that having previously owned a GD.
You should get him a personalized jersey with his name on the back. LOL Be sure to post a picture of it if you get one for him. I'm not getting Domi his own jersey until he's full grown.

Definitely keeping his growth rate at a slow, steady pace. I recently joined a board of mastiff owners, and they have given me invaluable advice on what to feed him. He's currently on Eagle Pack for Giant Breed Puppies, but we'll be switching him to the adult brand in a month or two.

I like to walk him every day for about 45 minutes, but with this rain he missed his walk last night. What a difference. He's bouncing off the walls with energy. Maybe it's time to invest in a tread mill. LOL

Lola is offline  
Old
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
  #55
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
You should get him a personalized jersey with his name on the back. LOL Be sure to post a picture of it if you get one for him. I'm not getting Domi his own jersey until he's full grown.

Definitely keeping his growth rate at a slow, steady pace. I recently joined a board of mastiff owners, and they have given me invaluable advice on what to feed him. He's currently on Eagle Pack for Giant Breed Puppies, but we'll be switching him to the adult brand in a month or two.

I like to walk him every day for about 45 minutes, but with this rain he missed his walk last night. What a difference. He's bouncing off the walls with energy. Maybe it's time to invest in a tread mill. LOL
Yea, I'm waiting till he's full grown to get him a jersey.

I also joined a Weim forum and have learned a lot. Right now, he's on Canidae All Life Stages. Seems Weims stomachs are pretty picky, but this food had a lot of good reviews by Weim owners as far as keeping their stools healthy.

What did we ever do without the internet?

Rattrick is offline  
Old
02-13-2008, 11:23 AM
  #56
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post

You know what that little stinker did last night? He pulled them out. I could have strangled him. He said he didn't need them anymore, so he just picked them out. So now he has some butterfly bandaids until I deem him healed enough.
That's crazy! I was pretty tough kid, but there was no way I was going to start yanking on my stitches. It didn't hurt him at all?

Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-13-2008, 12:22 PM
  #57
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That's crazy! I was pretty tough kid, but there was no way I was going to start yanking on my stitches. It didn't hurt him at all?
Apparently not. He didn't even tell me about it. I was reading them a bedtime story and I glanced at him and noticed his "goatee" of stitches was gone. So I looked more closely, and sure enough, they were all gone. The wound looks good, no bleeding, and the wound is closed, but still....I worry he'll bust it open again, so that's why I bandaged it up again.

I asked him what happened, and he just kind of shrugged and said he took them out. Which is pretty incredible because all five stitches were knotted pretty tightly.

Here's what they looked like prior to the removal:


Lola is offline  
Old
02-13-2008, 12:27 PM
  #58
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
That's one tough kid you've got, Lola.

ratmanfu is offline  
Old
02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
  #59
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Apparently not. He didn't even tell me about it. I was reading them a bedtime story and I glanced at him and noticed his "goatee" of stitches was gone. So I looked more closely, and sure enough, they were all gone. The wound looks good, no bleeding, and the wound is closed, but still....I worry he'll bust it open again, so that's why I bandaged it up again.

I asked him what happened, and he just kind of shrugged and said he took them out. Which is pretty incredible because all five stitches were knotted pretty tightly.

Here's what they looked like prior to the removal:

You've got your hands full, girl. That's a story you guys can tell each other the rest of your lives.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
  #60
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
The wound started to open tonight. Thank God my MIL is a nurse. She told us to put some butterfly bandaids on it again, then reinforce those with a heavy duty bandage. So that's what we did. I told him if he touches them again he won't get to go to the Panthers' game Friday night. Fortunately, the wound only opened on one side, but it was enough to gross me out again.

Lola is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 01:33 PM
  #61
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
So....does anyone have plans for Valentine's Day?

I'm making steak and mushrooms, and twice baked potatoes for dinner. Since my daughter was disappointed with my husband's gift to me ("not romantic at all!" were her words), I'll throw some candles on the table too (her idea of romance).

My husband bought me a new (to me) PowerBook G4 and upgraded the RAM to a gig (desperately needed it for work), and I got him 'Call of Duty 4' for PS3. We'll be spending the night playing with our new toys. LOL

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

Lola is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 01:46 PM
  #62
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,397
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
So....does anyone have plans for Valentine's Day?

I'm making steak and mushrooms, and twice baked potatoes for dinner. Since my daughter was disappointed with my husband's gift to me ("not romantic at all!" were her words), I'll throw some candles on the table too (her idea of romance).

My husband bought me a new (to me) PowerBook G4 and upgraded the RAM to a gig (desperately needed it for work), and I got him 'Call of Duty 4' for PS3. We'll be spending the night playing with our new toys. LOL

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

Happy Valentine's day to you too! That meal sounds freakin Godly.

I'm making chicken parm and rotini, simple but effective imo

No presents on this side though

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
  #63
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
twice baked potatoes
What are twice baked potatoes ? How do you make them ?

Sounds interesting.

Haj is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
  #64
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,397
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
What are twice baked potatoes ? How do you make them ?

Sounds interesting.
they are freaking amazing. All you need to know.

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
  #65
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
What are twice baked potatoes ? How do you make them ?
I'm guessing the process involves taking potatoes and baking them a couple of times

I'll be making chicago steakhouse rub seasoned filet mignon with seasoned roasted potatoes for my wife and myself...and probably mac and cheese for my all-too-picky son

And as for the recipe, I got it out of this month's Hannaford Inspirations booklet, available free with a $30 grocery purchase at your local Hannaford Bros. supermarket

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 04:12 PM
  #66
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
What are twice baked potatoes ? How do you make them ?

Sounds interesting.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Twice-B...II/Detail.aspx

Except I don't put American cheese on top, I put cheddar and sprinkle some bacon bits (real, not imitation) on top.

They are fabulous....but I only make them once or twice a year because they're not the healthiest things in the world.

Lola is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
  #67
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I'm guessing the process involves taking potatoes and baking them a couple of times

I'll be making chicago steakhouse rub seasoned filet mignon with seasoned roasted potatoes for my wife and myself...and probably mac and cheese for my all-too-picky son

And as for the recipe, I got it out of this month's Hannaford Inspirations booklet, available free with a $30 grocery purchase at your local Hannaford Bros. supermarket
Mmmmmmm....sounds delicious! No idea what a Hannaford Bros. supermarket is. LOL Is it like Publix?

Lola is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
  #68
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Mmmmmmm....sounds delicious! No idea what a Hannaford Bros. supermarket is. LOL Is it like Publix?
Probably - it's the dominant supermarket chain in New England right now. Largely responsible for driving out A&P and putting Grand Union out of business. Still have competition with Shaw's and Price Chopper, though...but Hannaford has better prices overall, whereas with double/triple coupons and deep sales you can cherry pick good bargains at the other two places.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
  #69
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Twice-B...II/Detail.aspx

Except I don't put American cheese on top, I put cheddar and sprinkle some bacon bits (real, not imitation) on top.

They are fabulous....but I only make them once or twice a year because they're not the healthiest things in the world.
Hmm...sounds like how I do my once-baked potatoes...only we don't eat the skins - lately I just scoop all the potato out and mix the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, bacon bits, cheese (usually shredded sharp cheddar) and - my only deviation from this recipe - green onions together in a bowl, then serve like that. No second bake - does it make much of a difference in flavor to reheat all the ingredients?

Acadmus is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
  #70
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
So....does anyone have plans for Valentine's Day?

I'm making steak and mushrooms, and twice baked potatoes for dinner. Since my daughter was disappointed with my husband's gift to me ("not romantic at all!" were her words), I'll throw some candles on the table too (her idea of romance).

My husband bought me a new (to me) PowerBook G4 and upgraded the RAM to a gig (desperately needed it for work), and I got him 'Call of Duty 4' for PS3. We'll be spending the night playing with our new toys. LOL

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!
Lola,

You and your husband exchanged some pretty cool gifts! And dinner sounds fantastic!

I'm not sure what we're doing tonight. Most likely, we'll stay home since we're all struggling with colds this week.

As for Valentine's gifts, my wife and I don't do much, but that's largely because our birthdays are in February.

ratmanfu is offline  
Old
02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
  #71
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
No second bake - does it make much of a difference in flavor to reheat all the ingredients?
Not really. I just like the cheese on top to be crispy. Personal preference, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Lola,

You and your husband exchanged some pretty cool gifts! And dinner sounds fantastic!

I'm not sure what we're doing tonight. Most likely, we'll stay home since we're all struggling with colds this week.

As for Valentine's gifts, my wife and I don't do much, but that's largely because our birthdays are in February.
Hope you guys feel better soon! And Happy Birthday!!!

We don't generally buy each other gifts on Valentine's Day, but my iBook was piggishly slow, and we came across a great deal on Craigslist for the PowerBook. Of course, I felt guilty, so I picked up a new video game.

Lola is offline  
Old
02-15-2008, 01:33 PM
  #72
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Singles Awareness parties rock. I'm hungover.

Clint is offline  
Old
02-16-2008, 02:26 AM
  #73
Cats Gambler
 
Cats Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
There was a shooting outside my high school today 15 minutes after school was dismissed...

Cats Gambler is offline  
Old
02-26-2008, 06:56 PM
  #74
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Would it be ok for me to get the word out about my friend's band? Their new CD went on sale today, and they're having a one-day only sale tomorrow.

The band is called, "Pillar", and the name of the CD is, "For the Love of the Game". It totally rocks. It's their best CD yet.

You can buy it on sale tomorrow here - http://www.musichristian.com/refer/pl227/pillar

Lola is offline  
Old
02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
  #75
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Would it be ok for me to get the word out about my friend's band? Their new CD went on sale today, and they're having a one-day only sale tomorrow.

The band is called, "Pillar", and the name of the CD is, "For the Love of the Game". It totally rocks. It's their best CD yet.

You can buy it on sale tomorrow here - http://www.musichristian.com/refer/pl227/pillar
Thanks for letting me know, I'll be picking it up.

Laus723 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.