HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Honest to God, this isnt cup winning material

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Raging Bull

vCash: 500
They hit a post with 1:30 left in the 3rd period. It was a bad break, and you can't blame them that they are old and don't have enough left in the tank to play 2 extra periods. Up until the Chara game, we were all over them, I thought they had just rolled over and died. It was a tough pill to swallow, but the series isn't over, we still have the home ice advantage, and take into consideration we haven't lost two games in a row yet.

Old
04-19-2004, 03:40 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

You cannot win a cup when you are scratching and clawing to win series in 7 games series after series.

Every damn year they do this to us. No effort and hoping that the goalie and some luck can steal games for them. I have a very full doghouse right now: Mogilny; Kaberle; Berg (terrible coverage on Vermette that lead to the goal); the problem children (antroproblem and Problemkirovsky) .

The Leafs damn well better deliver the goods tonight.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:25 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
Bash me if you want, I dont care

Hey, I'm pulling for them all the way of course
All my fingernails are off

But good gravy, is this the team that wins the cup?

it would be the most incredible cinderella story imaginable
just to win the first round seems so bizzarely incredible, since we look like a farm team half the time hanging on with every last breath to win with 1-0 leads.

is it just me that sees a noticable speed disadvantage here to the point where even creating a scoring chance is a marvelous achievement, let alone scoring a goal?
So much negative energy out of you lately. You need to look at things on the bright side. Game seven in Toronto. We all knew that this series was not goint to be easy. But try and look at the glass as half full and not half empty.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Newfie Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
So much negative energy out of you lately. You need to look at things on the bright side. Game seven in Toronto. We all knew that this series was not goint to be easy. But try and look at the glass as half full and not half empty.
Good Points, but the fact of the matter is that the only reason that this series isn't over is because of Belfour.

Belfour has a VERY good chance of stealing this series for you guys. Personally, tomorrow night is either going to be a blowout by the Sens, or the Leafs. the 4-1, 5-1, 6-1 variety.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Confused_Combination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie Chick
Good Points, but the fact of the matter is that the only reason that this series isn't over is because of Belfour.

Belfour has a VERY good chance of stealing this series for you guys. Personally, tomorrow night is either going to be a blowout by the Sens, or the Leafs. the 4-1, 5-1, 6-1 variety.
Probably, but we needed Belfour to play huge without Nolan and now Sundin. I think the Leafs deserve more credit then just what Belfour does though.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Newfie Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused_Combination
Probably, but we needed Belfour to play huge without Nolan and now Sundin. I think the Leafs deserve more credit then just what Belfour does though.
Ok, outside of Belfour, where would you give credit?

Mogilny?
Niewie? He could get some
Antropuff?
Ponikarovcannotskate?
Leetch? A little
McCabbage Patch Kid? Same as Leetch I guess

All in all, 99.9999999% of the credit for the Leafs making it to game 7 is because of Beflour.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:49 PM
richardn

Quote:

Mogilny?
Antropuff?
Ponikarovcannotskate?
Leetch? A little

All in all, 99.9999999% of the credit for the Leafs making it to game 7 is because of Beflour.
Joe Nieuwndyk should get some credit and so should Sundin and Domi. There is more guys but these are my heros in the series so far other then Belfour.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Confused_Combination

Quote:

Mogilny?
Antropuff?
Ponikarovcannotskate?
Leetch? A little

The Defense in my eyes has played well. They have kept the Sens on the outside for the most part and making them take shots from places that aren't exactly great scoring areas. A bunch of the forwards have just been horrible though in their positioning to get the puck out. Domi has been awesome, Tucker has played like a Warrior, Roberts.. damn you don't even have to say it. Joe has been excellent.

In my eyes the leafs should have already lost this series. The Sens are the best team in the East and they were playing a short handed Leafs team. Not an excuse just a fact that Nolan who is all grit and business when it matters is injured.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Confused_Combination

Quote:
Joe Nieuwndyk should get some credit and so should Sundin and Domi. There is more guys but these are my heros in the series so far other then Belfour.
Aki Berg is my hero. HAHA. The guy takes so much crap and yet he really has played solid for us. I preach for Aki everywhere. Mostly as a joke, but he really has played well

Old
04-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Newfie Chick

Quote:
Domi. Indeed. He has played well, I forgot him.

Sorry Confused, forgot Roberts. There is a guy that every team wants.

The D for the Leafs has done a good job at keeping the Sens to the outside I guess, but I view it as more of a lack of "drive" of the Sens to go to the net. When they do go to the net, they have won in this series.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Confused_Combination

Quote:
Wow, whats with Marc Crawford and hot chicks always sitting right behind him. Hate to see him go from the playoffs just for that fact.... oops sorry... you can continue now.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Newfie Chick

Quote:
Aki Berg is my hero. HAHA. The guy takes so much crap and yet he really has played solid for us. I preach for Aki everywhere. Mostly as a joke, but he really has played well
I guess his #1 fan is Vermette right about now.

Just joking of course.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Newfie Chick

Quote:
Wow, whats with Marc Crawford and hot chicks always sitting right behind him. Hate to see him go from the playoffs just for that fact.... oops sorry... you can continue now.
That's me, I'm posting with my PDA right now.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Confused_Combination

Quote:

Sorry Confused, forgot Roberts. There is a guy that every team wants.

The D for the Leafs has done a good job at keeping the Sens to the outside I guess, but I view it as more of a lack of "drive" of the Sens to go to the net. When they do go to the net, they have won in this series.
and the Leafs inept forcheck is because only a few forwards are playing with the drive needed to do it right . Everyone knows if the Leafs play there best they are unstoppable lol

Old
04-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Confused_Combination

Quote:
That's me, I'm posting with my PDA right now.
I'M IN LOVE!!!!1 haha

Old
04-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Kemosabe

where am I?

Old
04-20-2004, 08:12 AM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:

Antropuff?
Ponikarovcannotskate?
It's Andropoff and Problemkiravosky. Get it Right Jenny Gear!

Old
04-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
is it just me that sees a noticable speed disadvantage here to the point where even creating a scoring chance is a marvelous achievement, let alone scoring a goal?

Isn't OTTAWA the team that's been SHUT-OUT THREE TIMES in this series???

I guess you feel Ottawa isn't capable of winning the Cup either since they've had to claw their way to game 7.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Kemosabe

Yeah, I don't understand this complaint...this is a battle between two teams that are considered cup contenders. So they're evenly matched, I think it was generally acknowledged that for each of these teams the other might be the toughest opponent in the east. The winner (provided they aren't totally gassed) still has a great chance to come out of the east.

Closed Thread