Notices

I think we can all agree

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 12:19 AM
BruinsGod II

vCash: 500
I think we can all agree

If we see Glen Murray or Brian Rolston in a Bruins uniform again next season there is some seriously wrong with management and they have learned nothing from the playoff loses of the past three seasons.

Nylander - Must be resigned
Gonchar - a keeper
Knuble - worth one more year
Zamuner - Gone
McGillis - Gone
Gill - Gone
Slegr - Keep if the price is right
Green - Keep

We need a d-core with mobility. Forwards who know what it takes to win in the playoffs.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGod II
If we see Glen Murray or Brian Rolston in a Bruins uniform again next season there is some seriously wrong with management and they have learned nothing from the playoff loses of the past three seasons.

Gonchar - a keeper
Knuble - worth one more year
Zamuner - Gone
McGillis - Gone
Gill - Gone
Slegr - Keep if the price is right
Green - Keep

We need a d-core with mobility. Forwards who know what it takes to win in the playoffs.
I'd keep McGillis. He played a phenominally sound playoff series-for the 2nd time. Odonell and Gill need to be upgraded though IMO. Also Axelsson needs a ultimatum. If I'm management I say "Hey, show us you want to play here and what you can offer. We'll give you 20 games and if your numbers dont improve and your effort dont come back up to par we'll have to trade you"

Old
04-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Rumpy

Keep
Nylander Offense from line 2 say its true please
Gonchar TO much talent to let go
Murray I still like him and really believe he likes it here and will stay here
Green only as 4rth line and injury replacemnt
Gill Really made strides this year I only like him as a 5th d-man not 3rd

Old
04-20-2004, 12:33 AM
stungun

Nylander - Must be resigned.... if he wants to stay with this team ???
Gonchar - a keeper.... no brainer enough said
Knuble - worth one more year.... maybe
Zamuner - Gone.... he will be gone but i like him even though oconnell paid em to much
McGillis - Gone.... agreed, this guy was a mistake, i remember philly fans saying we would be dreading the day we traded for this guy never mind we got em from sj.
Gill - Gone... disagree he will be back, improved alot this year but damn is he slow.
Slegr - Keep if the price is right... we will see where girad is in his comeback, this gut might not want anything to do with the bruins.
Green - Keep... agreed he has heart, need more guys like em....

Old
04-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Bruin_Ron

I believe we should build our team the same way Tampa's built:

1- fast
2- high energy
3- good scoring
4- big, but mobile defense
5- a tough love coach

that being said:

DEFINITE KEEPERS:
- Joe
- Sammy
- Nylander
- Bergeron
- Gonchar
- Boynton
- Slegr (at right price)

LOSE:
- Rolston ($3.2M)
- Zamuner ($2M)
- Lapointe ($5M)
- Murray ($3.85M)
- McGillis ($3.2M)
---------------------
Total: $17.25M

SIGN:
- Hossa ($2.75M)
- Morrow ($1.4M)
- Klesla ($1.075M)

Easier said then done, of course. Not to mention these are this year's figures. WHo knows how things will turn out.

If Hannu is ready next season, maybe we have a good asset to move for Nash...?

I'm a huge fan of Rayzor, but let's face it.. is Beantown big enough for those two?

Old
04-20-2004, 01:00 AM
Gary

I'm a huge fan of Rayzor, but let's face it.. is Beantown big enough for those two?[/QUOTE]

I worry about the same thing. I think Rayzor is a phenominal goalie with tonnes of upside...and Hannu though-I'm not being biased when I say this...HE IS BIGTIME QUICK! He can go into butterfly and be up in standing mode in what? .6 of a second? This kid's incredible but so is Rayzor. Hannu is a reaction goalie and Rayzor is a fundemental one. The decision is a tough one indeed. I think Beantown IS big enough for the two of them though for a couple years. By then the better goalie should be more clear IMHO.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
I worry about the same thing. I think Rayzor is a phenominal goalie with tonnes of upside...and Hannu though-I'm not being biased when I say this...HE IS BIGTIME QUICK! He can go into butterfly and be up in standing mode in what? .6 of a second? This kid's incredible but so is Rayzor. Hannu is a reaction goalie and Rayzor is a fundemental one. The decision is a tough one indeed. I think Beantown IS big enough for the two of them though for a couple years. By then the better goalie should be more clear IMHO.

That's what I was thinking, Gary. Realistically, Hannu could play backup to Rayzor for a while, until he's proven he;s ready. Then, without a doubt, one of them will go.

I think it's a similar situation in Montreal right now. Some argue that Garon is juts as good as Theodore. However, the opportunity to play isn't there all that often. Garon will soon be ready for a number one job.

a question to the board: Would you trade Rayzor now for Nash if it meant playing Potvin for the foresseable future (which isn't very far, but you know what I mean) with Hannu playing backup? Please think about this and respond.. I'm curious

This has nothing to do with Rayzor or the loss tonight, rather with the fact that I can't sleep and that there's no more B's playoff talk

Old
04-20-2004, 01:25 AM
doc5hole

Toivonen finished the year limping around (MCL) and watching Thomas get pounded by Portland. Promising goalie, but no need to rush anything here. The kid could use another full season in the AHL and, this time, play most of the games.

As for Bruins God II, thou hittest the naileth upon the headeth.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Stanger31

Send a message via Yahoo to Stanger31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
SIGN:
- Hossa ($2.75M)
- Morrow ($1.4M)
- Klesla ($1.075M)

Easier said then done, of course. Not to mention these are this year's figures. WHo knows how things will turn out.

If Hannu is ready next season, maybe we have a good asset to move for Nash...?

I'm a huge fan of Rayzor, but let's face it.. is Beantown big enough for those two?
I have to ask what you are smoking? Sign Hossa? Boston won't pay enough to get him, and he isn't able to just go sign with anyone, he is way too young and is restricted aside from the fact that $2.75mill means nothing as his next contract will be nothing shy of 5 million.

And Raycroft to get Nash?
News flash, Nash aint goin anywhere. Raycroft is a solid goalie, but Nash is gonna have atleast 70pts-probably 80 next year and CBJ ain't trading him either "franchise player".

Dallas ain't letting Morrow go anywhere, unless someone pays an outrageous price, but the guy is too young, and too talented, not to mention signed for a fairly good price.

And CBJ ain't gonna trade Klesla, too young with too much talent. They don't need him to reach his potential for another year or two-this is the trade you would send Raycroft in, i know bruins fans wouldn't like that, but thats what i'd guess. I don't mean straight up, but pretty close.

What the Bruins Need?
To get real role players and leaders. Joe is a great guy and player, but not sure he has the experience yet to be able to really lead guys. When you have a guy on your team like a nieuwendyk, Linden, Sakic- you feel comfortable with them leading you because they have been through this before, but Thornton hasn't gotten to that point yet. Joe can be the captain, but you guys need to bring in a real experienced guy or 2, and guys that play physical and keep the other team honest, not that anyone could make Montreal honest, lol . Really... you just need a guy that the other guys look up to and follow his lead, I bet if you guys went out and grabbed Messier, the guys would listen to him and he would speak up and make sure the guys played their best, especially in game 7.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanger31
I have to ask what you are smoking? Sign Hossa? Boston won't pay enough to get him, and he isn't able to just go sign with anyone, he is way too young and is restricted aside from the fact that $2.75mill means nothing as his next contract will be nothing shy of 5 million.

And Raycroft to get Nash?
News flash, Nash aint goin anywhere. Raycroft is a solid goalie, but Nash is gonna have atleast 70pts-probably 80 next year and CBJ ain't trading him either "franchise player".

Dallas ain't letting Morrow go anywhere, unless someone pays an outrageous price, but the guy is too young, and too talented, not to mention signed for a fairly good price.

And CBJ ain't gonna trade Klesla, too young with too much talent. They don't need him to reach his potential for another year or two-this is the trade you would send Raycroft in, i know bruins fans wouldn't like that, but thats what i'd guess. I don't mean straight up, but pretty close.

What the Bruins Need?
To get real role players and leaders. Joe is a great guy and player, but not sure he has the experience yet to be able to really lead guys. When you have a guy on your team like a nieuwendyk, Linden, Sakic- you feel comfortable with them leading you because they have been through this before, but Thornton hasn't gotten to that point yet. Joe can be the captain, but you guys need to bring in a real experienced guy or 2, and guys that play physical and keep the other team honest, not that anyone could make Montreal honest, lol . Really... you just need a guy that the other guys look up to and follow his lead, I bet if you guys went out and grabbed Messier, the guys would listen to him and he would speak up and make sure the guys played their best, especially in game 7.
The only thing I've been smoking tonight is a pipe full of disappointment. While Hossa would command a big chunk of payroll, letting go of Rolston, Lapointe, and McGillis already frees up $11.4 million. I'm quite aware that the odds of Joe and Hossa, two franchise players playing for the Bruins at the same time are slim to none.. it's still nice to dream.

Could you imagine, next season's top three lines:

Samsonov - Thornton - Hossa
Knuble - Nylander - Murray
Green - Boyes - Bergeron

Not too shabby

Old
04-20-2004, 11:39 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
I'd keep McGillis. He played a phenominally sound playoff series-for the 2nd time. Odonell and Gill need to be upgraded though IMO. Also Axelsson needs a ultimatum. If I'm management I say "Hey, show us you want to play here and what you can offer. We'll give you 20 games and if your numbers dont improve and your effort dont come back up to par we'll have to trade you"
what exactly are you looking for from axelsson? 25 goals? barking up the wrong tree my friend. he was far from the problem

i liked mcgillis' game, but IMO, we can only keep 1 of the "big slow 3" (sorry for enfringing on that, mick )

Old
04-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
Murray - Keep but try to keep salary below 4.5
Gonchar - Resign
Knuble - Really like him..resign
Zamuner- Gone

Rolston - Bye-Bye. Horrible Playoffs!!
Green - Dumb penalty in Gm. 5 may cost him his job.
Gill - ??? If Jurcina improves enough to take position, bye bye Gill!!
Slegr - ??? I belive Girard wont be back to himself by maybe 1/2 through 04/05 season so id keep him and maybe trade him at the deadline next year.
O'Donnell/McGillis - one will go

Old
04-20-2004, 12:37 PM
wensink

I've said this earlier. For the right price, I'd keep Murray. Especially if we do not find someone to replace his production.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the second line with Nylander.

Closed Thread