2003-2004 Bruins Report Card

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Perry91502

vCash: 500
2003-2004 Bruins Report Card

PLAYERS:

Joe Thornton - B (according to my girlfriend, he gets between a B+ and an A....hmm she is a teacher, maybe she knows more than me )- He played well throughout the season, struggled in the begining. I cant blame him for the playoffs, he was playing with torn rib muscles, most people cant move/breathe with that injury, but regular season production was significantly down from last year.

Glen Murray = B- He should have played better throughout the year. Could have been an A if he hit 35-40 goals like he can

Brian Rolston - B He played well in the defensive zone, and gave us 19 goals, however, I think that he can score more than that

Mike Knuble - C After last season, I expected more

Sergei Samsonov - C+ Im gonna get crap for this one, but I believe he is the most overrated player on the team. He never shoots, and when he does, he should have passed. He is a flashy player, so everyone loves him, but he constantly stick handles into traffic, and is too injury prone.

Patrice Bergeron - B+ No one expected him to be on the team. He is going to be something special

Andrew Raycroft - A One of the only reasons we made the playoffs, and remember hes only a rook

Nick Boynton - B- Could have added more offensivley I think, but played well in his own zone

Dan McGillis - C+ Played well on the PP, however he was a liability in his own end I think. His best days are behind him

Marty Lapointe - B+ 15 goals is enough from him, he is overpaid, but he can bring an energy to the rink. I hope he is back if it is at a cheaper price.

PJ Axelsson - C+ I expected a lot more offensivley from him after last season. He played well defensivley as he always does, but he didnt score enough while playing with Rollie most of the year

Jiri Slegr - B One of the best pickups that O'Connell has made. Played well in his own end, and at the point

Travis Green - B+ See Marty Lapointe's comment

Michael Nylander - A- For the short time we saw him, he was a great playmaker

Ted Donato - B+ The fact that he made the team is an accomplishment, and no one works harder on the ice

Sean O'Donell - D Horrible year. He idnt known as a playmaking Dman, thats ok...but in his own zone, he was the Hal Gill of 3 years ago, everyone got around him

Hal Gill - C Nothing offensivley, but that has to be expected. Played well in his own end

Sergei Gonchar - C+ Granted it was only a short time, but I wanted more than 4-5-9 totals in 15 games, the PP lacked in the PO

Rob Zamuner - F You can say that dont use him in the right way, but he brings nothing to the table, he is too old and too slow

Michal Grosek - F Again, brings nothing to the table

Doug Doull - C+ Doesnt bring any skill to the table, but he does fill the important role of enforcer

Felix Potvin - B He did what was asked of him

Incomplete:
Craig McDonald (18 games)
PJ Stock (1 game)
Jeff Jillson, Sandy McCarthy, Shaone Morissonn (no longer on team)
Sergei Zinovjev (10 games)
Ivan Huml (7 games)
Andy Hilbert (18 games)
Ian Moran (hurt)
Carl Corazzini (12 games)
Martin Samuelsson (6 games)
Kris Vernarsky (3 games)
Pat Leahy (6 games)
Colton Orr (1 game)

COACHES/MANAGMENT:

Mike O'Connell - B+ He made the moves that he needed to make at the deadline, however his team didnt make it out of the first round.

Mike Sullivan - B+ Great regular season, but what happened after game 4? I didnt think we'd make the PO, but he took control and impressed me

Training Staff - C+ Injuries for the most part were down

Last edited by Perry91502: 04-21-2004 at 08:51 PM.
Old
04-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Newfie Bruin

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
Great work!...heres what i thought

Joe Thornton B+ More complete and got to create his playing hurt thing
Glen Murray B- 30+ goals could of got him a higher rankin but a no show in the playoffs dropped him
Brian Rolston C Never scored 20 Goals, No more PK Threat and no show in playoffs
Mike Knuble B- Not as good as last season point wise but battles hard every night
Sergei Samsonov B- Strong playoffs put him up in the B's. Looked like his old self
Patrice Bergeron A- Great Season. Who thought he would make the NHL this year let alone be a rookie candidate
Andrew Raycroft A+ Best player, only reason Boston made the postseason and almost a lock for the Calder.
Nick Boynton B Solid Dman who racked up decent points. Could of got more though
Dan McGillis C+ Real Slow but can put the puck in the net
Marty Lapointe B We need more goals and less penalties. But love the role of leadership. Bergeron.
PJ Axelsson C+ Great Defensive player but had a disappointing year on the scoresheet
Jiri Slegr B Great acquistion. Good on offensive while being reliable in defensive zone
Travis Green B- Came around at the end with Big hits in playoffs. Penalty in Gm. 5 made him slide
Michael Nylander A Great pick up. Hopefully we can resign him

Ted Donato B+ Hardest Working player and deserves a spot next year if he wants it
Sean O'Donnell D Bad Year all around.Period
Hal Gill C No offensive and too slow on D
Sergei Gonchar B+ Did pretty good offensively but expected more in the playoffs
Rob Zamuner F
Michal Grosek F
Doug Doull A++ Never though hed make it after only scoring like 10G in St. John's last year. Good For him
Potvin B Played solid. Better than Shields

Closed Thread