HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

GDT: Toronto @ Ottawa, Gm 6, April 18/2004

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Quantas

vCash: 500
A few final points.

Sens d-men did a good job of ignoring loose pucks and just tying up the Leaf they were covering.

Another key play (in OT? I forget) was White clearing the puck away before Ponikarovsky could get to it and shovel it into the empty net.

Sens also had a couple of nice rushes where they were able to break the Leafs' trap (thanks to some nice bank passes off the boards). Slowly but surely, they're adjusting. The million dollar question is, will the Leafs try the same game plan 3 games in a row? I'd say no.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:04 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantas
I was wondering the exact same thing the whole night.

Anyone know if Matthew Perry was in attendence tonight (about time a celebrity supported us!).
Yeah, they showed him during the intermission and his girlfriend/wife was all over him. Don Cherry said something pretty funny about it actually.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:18 PM
HF2002

Quote:
I was wondering the exact same thing the whole night.

Anyone know if Matthew Perry was in attendence tonight (about time a celebrity supported us!).

Yeah, he even had a prerecorded message set to Eminem music - the fight music. It came on as the Sens were getting that 2 man advantage in the 2nd.

It was great walking out of there waving my towel in their faces! Yeehaa! As Vermette got the puck and made his turn my only thought then was "Damn, he's fast." And then "yeeehaaaaa...."

I haven't read this thread and I don't intend to at this point so maybe what I have to add has already been said. But wow, the leafs got away with so much tonight. Stuff you wouldn't see on camera. No wonder the leafs have won 3 games - put the whistles away and Ottawa gets bogged down. With all the hooking and interference I almost mistook the leafs for the Devils.

Also, when they announced the scratches tonight there was a significant cheer when his name was announced. Let's hope he didn't hear that one. And in a classy move, when mccabe was leaving the ice during the pregame warmup he shot the puck into the Sens net. A few of the hits he took later on put a smile on my face.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:24 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
Yeah, he even had a prerecorded message set to Eminem music - the fight music.
Not to be nitpicky, but if it was the same recording that's been on the radio, the tune in the background is 'Lose Yourself'.

Voodoo Belfour goes 3-0 Tuesday. That's all I gotta say.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Alfie#11

not much else to add.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Quantas

To hell with it. I can't sleep so I might as well post some more (I'm going to be a real zombie at work tomorrow).

Bondra nearly cost the team tonight. Still not sure why he did what he did (unless he thought Tucker had the puck in his mouth ) but I sure hope he wakes up soon. He's made some nice defensive plays, but he was brought here to score.

Someone who does look like he's coming around is Mogilny. He worked hard in the Senator zone and checked a few Ottawa players to try and free up the puck. The Sens better keep an eye on him on Tuesday.

Francis also had a good game. He won a few board battles and of course, had that post in the dying seconds of the third period.

Didn't notice too much of Nieuwendyk...

Sens are actually winning the faceoff battle. By a slight margin tonight (52%), but it's nice to see them adapt to a key facet of the game where they're usually lacking.

Don Cherry likes Bonk? There's just no understanding that man sometimes. Of all our key European players (Alfredsson, Hossa, Chara, Volchenkov), he chooses Bonk??? I knew Maclean was going to pick Mogilny and Bondra as possible OT scorers.

Nice to see our role players pick up the points...Smolinski, Schaefer, Vermette, Neil and Fisher.

Best shot of the night was seeing the Black Aces greet the guys as they came back to the bench. Ray, Van Allen and Langfeld were really wearing their emotions on their sleeves. Anyone know who the blond guy was? Also, where were Leschyshyn, Emery and Spezza?

Last edited by Quantas: 04-18-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Old
04-18-2004, 11:56 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Also, where were Leschyshyn, Emery and Spezza?
Leschychyn was there but Emery and Spezza were not.
It's possible that the two were not working out during the game like the others and might have been in the press box.

It was great to see those guys rush out and congratulate the team though, a great sight.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Hossa

Quote:
To hell with it. I can't sleep so I might as well post some more (I'm going to be a real zombie at work tomorrow).

Bondra nearly cost the team tonight. Still not sure why he did what he did (unless he thought Tucker had the puck in his mouth ) but I sure hope he wakes up soon. He's made some nice defensive plays, but he was brought here to score.

Someone who does look like he's coming around is Mogilny. He worked hard in the Senator zone and checked a few Ottawa players to try and free up the puck. The Sens better keep an eye on him on Tuesday.

Francis also had a good game. He won a few board battles and of course, had that post in the dying seconds of the third period.

Didn't notice too much of Nieuwendyk...

Sens are actually winning the faceoff battle. By a slight margin tonight (52%), but it's nice to see them adapt to a key facet of the game where they're usually lacking.

Don Cherry likes Bonk? There's just no understanding that man sometimes. Of all our key European players (Alfredsson, Hossa, Chara, Volchenkov), he chooses Bonk??? I knew Maclean was going to pick Mogilny and Bondra as possible OT scorers.

Nice to see our role players pick up the points...Smolinski, Schaefer, Vermette, Neil and Fisher.

Best shot of the night was seeing the Black Aces greet the guys as they came back to the bench. Ray, Van Allen and Langfeld were really wearing their emotions on their sleeves. Anyone know who the blond guy was? Also, where were Leschyshyn, Emery and Spezza?
I didn't see it, but the blonde guy was probably Julien Vauclair. He's our first call-up on defence, seeing as he's one of the best d-men in the entire AHL, and he's played one game for us this year on the blueline.

Old
04-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Sonik

Damn! Those CBC commentators are AWFULLY BIASED TOWARD TORONTO!

Am I the only one to think that???

Just look at their reaction when Sens score : Goal!
When Leafs score : GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

I'm sick of this! They have to go!

Old
04-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
Oh man! I go take a dump and return to see the game's over! What a relief (no pun intended - lol), but I wish I could've seen it in person!

Game 7 - Bring it on!
do you know what? i did the exact same thing :lol It's my new good luck charm

Old
04-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Smeagol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth
I would like someone to eat their words

just jokin with ya man but seriously cheer up a little

GO SENS GO

thats all I can say

hey look I really wanted them to win, but I just couldnt take another heartbreak loss so I was just preparing myself for it

the good thing is whenever I jump of the bandwagon the sens always seem to win

and it seems whenever I turn of the game the sens will have scored a major goal like chara did, and Fisher in OT

happened last yr in OT with the devils

so its a good thing that during Game 7 ill be writeing an exam

GO Sens GO

Fisher, Lalime, Chara

Old
04-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Zoo

Damn every game I've missed, the sens have won.When is the next game ?..I think I'll miss that one too.

Old
04-19-2004, 03:07 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
BTW, who was the guy to Mucklers right (our left) in the pressbox?
is that the guy that muckler "hit" after the mccabe goal? (i know he didnt actually hit the guy but it sure looked like it after the way the guy turned around)

could it possibly muckler's son or something? lol i was wonderin who that guy was (i only remember seeing him that one time though of course since i left part way through the first and came back for the second)

Old
04-20-2004, 04:46 PM
havlat_lover

washroom breaks

haha about people going to the washroom when the sens win...same thing happened to me too!! I work at corel and i was watching the game from outside our stand...I couldnt handle the stress so I went for a pee...Then of course Fisher scores while I'm gone haha it's definitely a good luck charm

Closed Thread