HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey News Article on Pack

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 01:32 AM
majicpixie

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Hockey News Article on Pack

I got the current issue of the Hockey News today and wanted to let everybody know that there's nice little article on the Wolf Pack and that they'll be stocked for the playoffs. Also, in case no one knew yet, here's some interesting news from the Rangers team report...

Notebook: While not naming any candidates from outside the organization, GM Glen Sather said he considers Renney and Hartford coach Ryan McGill as viable contenders for the team's vacant head coaching position. Renney, who is also the Rangers' vice-president of player development, went 5-11-0-4 after replacing Sather.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
Notebook: While not naming any candidates from outside the organization, GM Glen Sather said he considers Renney and Hartford coach Ryan McGill as viable contenders for the team's vacant head coaching position. Renney, who is also the Rangers' vice-president of player development, went 5-11-0-4 after replacing Sather.
renney? what the hell did he do to merit consideration for the job?? (other than that stellar 5-11 record)

Old
04-20-2004, 01:58 PM
BwayBshirt

if renney is hired as the coach we all must tie sather up, gag him, hang him by his arms and feet, and then we each would take turns beating the sather pinata til candy came out...`

Old
04-20-2004, 04:30 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19
renney? what the hell did he do to merit consideration for the job?? (other than that stellar 5-11 record)
That "stellar 5-11 record'' was earned by a not so "stellar" roster. How they won 5 games under Renney is unbelievable. I'm not saying that Renney should be the coach, but IMO...he did not have much to work with. He also has a great repuation of working well with young foreign players.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:39 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
That "stellar 5-11 record'' was earned by a not so "stellar" roster. How they won 5 games under Renney is unbelievable. I'm not saying that Renney should be the coach, but IMO...he did not have much to work with. He also has a great repuation of working well with young foreign players.
Renney may have not had a great roster, but there were more than enoug signs that pointed to him being just another JAckass crony. Hlavac skating 20 minutes, refusal to use Holik as a checking center, pairing Holik w/Jagr, the quote that said how he was caught between trying to win every night and give younger players a chance to play, the fact that the special teams were still an unmitigated disaster, no one clears the crease, no one drives to the net, the nonstop "too many men on the ice" penalties, etc....
I'd say that there were more than enough signs that make one want to stay as far away form Renney as possible. He failed in Vancouver. It was his "system" that was supposed to have been used. It was his special teams.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:39 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Renney may have not had a great roster, but there were more than enoug signs that pointed to him being just another JAckass crony. Hlavac skating 20 minutes, refusal to use Holik as a checking center, pairing Holik w/Jagr, the quote that said how he was caught between trying to win every night and give younger players a chance to play, the fact that the special teams were still an unmitigated disaster, no one clears the crease, no one drives to the net, the nonstop "too many men on the ice" penalties, etc....
I'd say that there were more than enough signs that make one want to stay as far away form Renney as possible. He failed in Vancouver. It was his "system" that was supposed to have been used. It was his special teams.

exactly. sather was so outdated and lazy that he basically told renney last summer "you put the "system" together and i'll be the face and voice of the team." i have zero problem with renney being an assistant for another head coach if that coach wants him in that role and same goes for his v.p. of player development tag also, but if he's our permanent head coach i'll just sit back and wait for another 7 years to pass

Closed Thread