Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Scouting Leafs?

Old
02-17-2008, 08:37 AM
leafmaniac333

vCash: 500
Scouting Leafs?

Leafs fan here. I was watching the Leafs game last night on CBC and during the game they showed Les Jackson watching. They said he'd been there scouting the Leafs for like the last 4 or 5 games or something. They also mentioned that Jackson spent the whole 2nd intermission speaking with Cliff Fletcher. Just thought you guys might be interested if you didnt know this already.

leafmaniac333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 08:44 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 293
Look at the "Dallas Stars Trade Deadline '08" thread.

Long story short, we're not. Not unless you're willing to give us your 1st for Mattias Norstrom. The Leafs don't really have anything we need.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Troy McClure

The Stars are probably just looking for a forward to add for depth.

Troy McClure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 03:22 PM
bberard34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonking View Post
Look at the "Dallas Stars Trade Deadline '08" thread.

Long story short, we're not. Not unless you're willing to give us your 1st for Mattias Norstrom. The Leafs don't really have anything we need.
LOL give your head a shake. Les Jackson has been to 4 Leaf games in a row. Quit living in denial you guys are going to be stuck with Jason Blake's gross contract. Live with it and like it. And as far as Norstrom goes, I believe you guys are the only team dumb enough to trade a 1st round pick for him.

bberard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Dave Karp

vCash: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmoney67 View Post
LOL give your head a shake. Les Jackson has been to 4 Leaf games in a row. Quit living in denial you guys are going to be stuck with Jason Blake's gross contract. Live with it and like it. And as far as Norstrom goes, I believe you guys are the only team dumb enough to trade a 1st round pick for him.
First off, I highly doubt it'll be a big trade with the Leafs if it does happen. Secondly, I'll wager that if Norstrom is dealt we can land a 1st back for him.

By the way, isn't it ironic how in one sentence you talk about a 'gross contract' that the LEAFS gave him but you criticize the Stars franchise for trading a 1st for Norstrom.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Dallasman

I think we are interested in someone on the Leafs cottonking. No GM follows a team for four straight games and then talks directly to the GM of the other team face to face during a break in a game. We are obviously putting out feelers for someone on the Leafs and seeing what it will take to get them in Dallas. I'm not saying it's certain there will be a deal between the two teams but we obviously have some interest in some players on that team.

To say we have no interest in someone on the Leafs is ridiculous after seeing all these things happening.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 04:18 PM
User Name
Registered User Name

Quote:
And as far as Norstrom goes, I believe you guys are the only team dumb enough to trade a 1st round pick for him.
A team so dumb that they're not in first place in the NHL, but smart enough not to be in third. What did your GM team do for your team this year?

Kaberle is on the block, Zubie is injured going into the playoff run.

User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Saucechucker99

Quote:
Its too bad Ferguson isnt gonna be around for the trade deadline im sure he woulda done somthing good for the annual push to get into the playoffs.

Saucechucker99 is offline   Reply With Quote