HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators at Minnesota 2/17/08 7:00 PM CST

Old
02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
GDT: Predators at Minnesota 2/17/08 7:00 PM CST

at

February 17th, 2008
7:00 PM CST
Xcel Energy Center
Minneapolis, MN

TV: FSN-South
Radio: 104.5 FM

Discuss...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Seth Lake

Tootoo IN, Dumont OUT, Peverley or Koistinen to be SENT DOWN, and last, but not least, Ellis STARTS...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS02/80217001

Old
02-17-2008, 02:20 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Gonna need another stellar outing from the goaltending to pull this one off.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 02:21 PM
jstreet
Smashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Tootoo IN, Dumont OUT, Peverley or Koistinen to be SENT DOWN, and last, but not least, Ellis STARTS...

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS02/80217001
wow, Ellis? hmm.. Mason in the doghouse?

Old
02-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Seth Lake

Personally, I can see the roster move occuring either way. Klein is due to return from his conditioning stint tomorrow, Koistinen hasn't played in a long time, Ville is still battling the aftermath of the flu and needs some conditioning work...if he agrees not to bolt to Europe, sending Ville down might work out best. Peverley has actually been decent the past few games, but is still not ready to assume a full-time role in the NHL. Rich's decision-making is a step slow at times and he still needs to add some more size to compete effectively along the boards at the NHL level. However, with Dumont out today with the flu and Tootoo just getting back into the lineup, it might be a good time to keep Rich up until Dumont is ready to return next week...

A tough choice for sure. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Koistinen sent down, but never leave the team today, then Ville recalled tomorrow and see Peverley sent back with the return of Dumont for Tuesday. Sort of a unique way to list your scratches tonight...

Old
02-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
wow, Ellis? hmm.. Mason in the doghouse?
Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that Chris is sick and simply asked out for tonight.

Old
02-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Seth Lake

My suggestions for lines tonight (admittedly not knowing who will be in the lineup):
Erat - Arnott - Radulov
Bonk - Legwand - Peverley
Fiddler - Nichol - Gelinas
Hordichuk - Smithson - Tootoo

Hamhuis - DeVries
Zanon - Weber
Suter - Zidlicky

Ellis
Mason

Don't think that I could put Toots up on the Legwand line without Erat also on that line to carry the puck. I think we'll see a limited role for Jordin today.

Old
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Minny always gives us fits, but for whatever reason I think the team we have right now will be able to handle them.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Personally, I can see the roster move occuring either way. Klein is due to return from his conditioning stint tomorrow, Koistinen hasn't played in a long time, Ville is still battling the aftermath of the flu and needs some conditioning work...if he agrees not to bolt to Europe, sending Ville down might work out best. Peverley has actually been decent the past few games, but is still not ready to assume a full-time role in the NHL. Rich's decision-making is a step slow at times and he still needs to add some more size to compete effectively along the boards at the NHL level. However, with Dumont out today with the flu and Tootoo just getting back into the lineup, it might be a good time to keep Rich up until Dumont is ready to return next week...

A tough choice for sure. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Koistinen sent down, but never leave the team today, then Ville recalled tomorrow and see Peverley sent back with the return of Dumont for Tuesday. Sort of a unique way to list your scratches tonight...
Its interesting to see how this team consistently avoids making any decisions on personell. Instead of making the tough choices, we have continuously sent down the youngsters and played the vets (despite talent/performance). This hasn't been a problem with us because the guys that could challenge for a a role have not established any type of role with the team. That said, I think the avoidance of the issue has gotten to the point where a move has to be made. My guess is we make another trade for an UFA, which (IMO) is a mistake considering our true chances as a contender.

02-17-2008, 03:45 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Its interesting to see how this team consistently avoids making any decisions on personell. Instead of making the tough choices, we have continuously sent down the youngsters and played the vets (despite talent/performance). This hasn't been a problem with us because the guys that could challenge for a a role have not established any type of role with the team. That said, I think the avoidance of the issue has gotten to the point where a move has to be made. My guess is we make another trade for an UFA, which (IMO) is a mistake considering our true chances as a contender.
Poile doesn't have an aggressive personality to begin with. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the he's very risk averse. And coming up empty on virtually all of his deadline deal trades (His only "successful" deadline deal is the Sullivan trade, and that wasn't exactly a deadline deal) has probably gotten him gunshy. Hopefully that'll keep him away from guys like Hossa (unless we sign him to an extension).

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Seth Lake

Peverley reassigned to Milwaukee to make room for Tootoo. I was sure this was going to be the move eventually, just didn't think it would occur today. Tootoo will obviously have a bigger role tonight.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...RTS02/80217002

New lineup projection:

Erat - Arnott - Radulov
Fiddler - Legwand - Bonk
Gelinas - Nichol - Tootoo
Hordichuk - Smithson - Ortmeyer

Old
02-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Seth Lake

Well now...according to Willie on the pregame, Mason is in goal. Guess we won't find out until the start of the telecast at 7 PM.

Old
02-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

wooooooooooooooooooo ... 1-0 Smithson

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
braindead

.... and then, radio silence. It's amazing to me that we can't use our depth at D to rest someone on the back to back. Our D has made multiple mistakes tonight. With 5 games in 7 days, let's use Poile's lack of movement to our advantage.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Paincakes

Shea God Damn Mother ****ing Weber

Good screen by Radulov.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 10:45 PM
braindead

Nice recovery. I'm very happy with the point and the wide open style in OT, likely because I can't imagine us winning the shootout.

Old
02-17-2008, 10:49 PM
jstreet
Smashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Nice recovery. I'm very happy with the point and the wide open style in OT, likely because I can't imagine us winning the shootout.

I thought the same thing when the Wild scored the winning goal, meh..we probably wouldnt have won that shootout.

Old
02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Seth Lake

Well three points in two games without Dumont is pretty good, right???

Old
02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Hard to complain about this one. Two nights in a row with huge comebacks, even if this one only got us a point.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 11:15 PM
irisheyes555

good to get a point all things considered. we must beat oilers and nucks at home. the stars are on fire and two games against them out of the next five doesn't inspire me with confidence for points. especially now that the wangs are tanking it and have given the stars hope of catching them.

grind out those points boys and we might yet get to play san jose again come april.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Just Puckin Around

Those were some dirty 3rd period goals by the Preds...I loved it. I'll definately take 1 point out of it.

Just Puckin Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 11:59 PM
braindead

Since there was no GDT for Saturday and we are talking about the weekend games, let me also add that the Blues fans that visit our building have always been and continue to be the most annoying. The two bad years dampened their spirits a bit but they clearly don't have to be really good to get back to being obnoxious. Sooooo, I'd like to say THANKS to the guy that sat behind me and spent most of the game saying "There are YOUR St. Louis Blues" in a loud voice, despite having only a one goal lead and particularly in the 3rd when they failed to get a single shot on goal. I'd like to say THANK YOU because it made my night to see you trudge down the stairs with your head hung low after the Weber goal so I could say "Yes, THERE ARE YOUR ST. LOUIS BLUES". Thanks for supporting hockey in Nashville.

Old
02-18-2008, 03:37 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Minnesota game: This game reminded me of the game in Calgary back in October when we lost 5-1 and the defense played like ****. I know Mason didn't have a chance on some of these goals but at some point he has to make a damn save. Good effort to come back but we could have won the game if we didn't give up so many odd-man rushes. Yea fourth line with a goal! Actually that was a pretty nice goal by Smithson. I realize 3 out of 4 points is a real good weekend, but I'm not happy with this game. We left that point out there. I just really hated the defense and soft goaltending on those goals. How do 4 preds let one player walk through all of them and then take a simple shot over the goalies shoulder!

St.Louis game: Legace was great. One of the only times I think a visiting player on a losing team really deserved to be the #1star. I just didn't think we would get anything by him. Both teams got ugly goals to get to OT. And Weber!!! What a blast. I just had a feeling that if we didn't score on that PP, we would end up getting a penalty to even out the OT. Oh and awesome that we allwed ZERO shots on goal in the third period!

My favorite STL fans were the ones chanting "Scoreboard, scoreboard" when it was only 1-0. I don't know what was being said but that's the lamest thing to chant back to someone unless the score was 5-0 or something. They're pretty much passing RW fans in annoyance. Instead of just walking to wherever they're going, they have to yell at people and say crude things to Preds fans. Lately, except for one drunk ***** on Tuesday (thankfully she was a few rows behind me and the Preds quieted her in the first period), the RW fans pretty much leave people alone now.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 02-18-2008 at 04:11 AM.
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 06:38 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Since there was no GDT for Saturday and we are talking about the weekend games, let me also add that the Blues fans that visit our building have always been and continue to be the most annoying. The two bad years dampened their spirits a bit but they clearly don't have to be really good to get back to being obnoxious. Sooooo, I'd like to say THANKS to the guy that sat behind me and spent most of the game saying "There are YOUR St. Louis Blues" in a loud voice, despite having only a one goal lead and particularly in the 3rd when they failed to get a single shot on goal. I'd like to say THANK YOU because it made my night to see you trudge down the stairs with your head hung low after the Weber goal so I could say "Yes, THERE ARE YOUR ST. LOUIS BLUES". Thanks for supporting hockey in Nashville.
St. Louis fans are an interesting breed. They are as cocky, arrogant, and obnoxious as Red Wings fans, but for no real reason. Maybe no one has told them that in all those years they spent fighting the Wings for the Central title, they never actually won anything of substance? Maybe they are like the American Idol contestants that honestly and truly think they are good because no one has the heart to tell them they're terrible?

I guess as Nashville fans, we owe it to our St. Louis brethren to stop laughing at their chants and taunts and sit each one down and say..."Your team is not good enough. Your GM is not smart enough. And dawgonnit, people don't like you."

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 08:33 AM
zecke26

i just realized that weber had two important goals lately. is this a sign that he's finally back to 100%?
when i watched him after his injury, he looked ok but something was missing.

oh and smokeyclause: so it's ok for me to be cocky, arrogant and obnoxious because i have a reason?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote