HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Hainsey- should we or should we not sign him?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2008, 07:16 PM
  #51
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
You shouldn't use colloquialisms that you are unfamiliar with. "Bullroar!" demands some declarative speech and a countervailing idea, blahblah. Not the simpering and weak assertions "I don't know..." "Perhaps..." "I am not sure..." "I would really think..." and yet another "I'm not sure..." .

If you were trying to disagree with my opinion (which you try and do habitually) you've failed once again.
I got my point across.

You don't know if Hainsey is a standup guy and you have no idea what he is/was going to do with his pending FA status, unless of course your married to him or your his sister or something. Everything I ever heard of Hainsey doesn't translate to what you said. Whatever. I was acutally just trying to be less confrontational, because frankly it's boring trying to debate with most of the people here.

Didn't really care about you term or it's usage. At least I could, if the Federal Goverment insisted, produce the documentation to back up my what I said about Feds. Not sure you could with what you said about Hainsey.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 07:45 PM
  #52
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I got my point across.

You don't know if Hainsey is a standup guy and you have no idea what he is/was going to do with his pending FA status, unless of course your married to him or your his sister or something. Everything I ever heard of Hainsey doesn't translate to what you said. Whatever. I was acutally just trying to be less confrontational, because frankly it's boring trying to debate with most of the people here.

Didn't really care about you term or it's usage. At least I could, if the Federal Goverment insisted, produce the documentation to back up my what I said about Feds. Not sure you could with what you said about Hainsey.
You are so full of blather. The problem ALWAYS is that you DO NOT get your point across. Tell ya what! You go on ignore... you're my first blahblah, thanks buddyboy, I'm done wasting verbiage on you. Ciao!


Last edited by Pluckfur: 02-18-2008 at 02:01 AM. Reason: I misspelled crappola, i mean blither, err... blather. Oh, bother.
Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
  #53
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Chicago just re-signed Seabrook - 3 yrs and $10.5 mil.
Career - 207gms 16g 59a 75p +11.
Big upside and 23 years old.

So what is Hainsey worth?

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:30 AM
  #54
123jp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Could Hainsey be more valuable as a component in a trade than being re-signed as a #3 or #4 d-man and power-play QB?

Aaron Portzline plays GM in Sunday's Dispatch, listing the CBJ's 7 UFA's and speculating on possible destinations for each of them.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...8.html?sid=101

I'm thinking why not package Hainsey with Peca and a mid-round pick to Ottawa for Vermette and Ottawa's #1 next year?

Caveat: I'm basing this primarily on AP's assessment of Hainsey & Peca's worth, Ottawa's apparent willingness to dangle AD, and of their need for a PP QB and someone playoff tested to take Vermette's spot on the roster.

We get a guy who could be our #2 center next season, is versatile enough to play wing as well as center, and a high pick to use to trade for a #1 center or a puck-moving, hard-hitting top pairing defenseman.

123jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:39 AM
  #55
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123jp View Post
I'm thinking why not package Hainsey with Peca and a mid-round pick to Ottawa for Vermette and Ottawa's #1 next year?
Because if you would do it, there's a reason for it and the other team likely won't do it.

I don't see why the Sens would say yes to that trade.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 10:52 AM
  #56
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
I know everyone has a bit of a crush on Campbell/Redden, and wants to throw 7-8 million dollars at them, but I can't justify throwing that type of cash at someone when I think Hainsey is capable of putting up the same kind of stats.

Stats, this season:

Hainsey: 57 GP, 7 G, 21 A, 28 PTS, +2, 13 PIM (26 years old)

Campbell: 58 GP, 4 G, 37 A, 41 PTS, -1, 10 PIM (28 years old)

Redden: 58 GP, 6 G, 26 A, 32 PTS, +15, 52 PIM (30 years old)


I just don't see the type of numbers that would justify paying Campbell/Redden more than double what Hainsey is going to ask for. We could very well have a Campbell/Redden in Hainsey. I'd like to lock him up.
Campbell and Redden are in a different class, and if you look at the last 3 seasons the stats back that up. Hainsey might not ever put up a 40 point season, while the other 2 are perrenial 40/50 pt guys, on top of the fact that they are top notch Dmen in their own zone. Hainsey is a good offensive dman, but below average in our end imo.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 11:22 AM
  #57
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 12,820
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Campbell and Redden are in a different class, and if you look at the last 3 seasons the stats back that up. Hainsey might not ever put up a 40 point season, while the other 2 are perrenial 40/50 pt guys, on top of the fact that they are top notch Dmen in their own zone. Hainsey is a good offensive dman, but below average in our end imo.
How can you say with certainty that Hainsey will never put up a 40-point season? He's well on his way this season - you don't think he'll marginally improve over the next couple of years? The guy is 26 years old.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM
  #58
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
How can you say with certainty that Hainsey will never put up a 40-point season? He's well on his way this season - you don't think he'll marginally improve over the next couple of years? The guy is 26 years old.
I can't, thats why I said he "might not ever put up 40 pt's". At the end of the day, its all speculation. Personally, I'd take Russel at 500k over Hainsey at 2.5 mill, and the extra 2 towards other needs on the roster.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.