HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Supreme Shin & Elbow Pads

Old
02-18-2008, 06:16 PM
xdcx

vCash: 500
Bauer Supreme Shin & Elbow Pads

Hi, I'm looking for some information on Bauer Supreme 50 and Supreme 70 shin and elbow pads. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Basically, is there much difference between these? Are the 70's worth the extra money?

Are the shin pads lightweight? I like to wear shin pads that aren't too thick and bulky, I would really prefer them to be lighter and thin. Again, is there any difference in overall weight and size between the 50 and 70 models?

Thanks alot.

Very good forum by the way, glad I found my way here

xdcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Seldanne

Hey,
Not sure of a price range you're looking at, but have you checked out the RBK line? I have the 6K's and love em! Made by Jofa, and have heard a LARGE majority of pro players use the RBK's as well...

Seldanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2008, 04:13 AM
xdcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldanne View Post
Hey,
Not sure of a price range you're looking at, but have you checked out the RBK line? I have the 6K's and love em! Made by Jofa, and have heard a LARGE majority of pro players use the RBK's as well...
Cool,is there much of a difference between say the 4k, 5k and 6k's?

How bulky are these RBK shin guards? How do they compare to the Bauer Supremes I mentioned earlier?

Thanks.

Old
02-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Seldanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdcx View Post
Cool,is there much of a difference between say the 4k, 5k and 6k's?

How bulky are these RBK shin guards? How do they compare to the Bauer Supremes I mentioned earlier?

Thanks.
Sorry, I can't help you more, no expert when it comes to the different kinds... just had heard great things about the Jofa/RBK line of shinpads... tried on a couple different ones (Easton, Nike... not sure which models) at the local hockey store... and liked them! Much better than the old clunkers I had! they were too big and bulky...

As far as the differences between the different RBK's... I just liked these cause they had the 3 point strap and also the FitLite system... where the shinpads sit up/off the shins, not sure if the others (4K or 5K) have this, as I believe these were the only RBK's they had in my size...

Old
02-19-2008, 08:26 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
RBKs are much bulkier than the supremes.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 02:57 AM
xdcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
ahhh OK, thanks.

Anymore info from anyone?

Old
02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
xdcx

My last shout for advice on the Supreme pads. Will be buying them tomorrow unless someone REALLY puts me off

Old
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Seldanne

Quote:
really? I can't imagine the RBK's being more 'bulky' than anything! but I guess I should have checked out the supremes...

Old
02-21-2008, 01:52 PM
mattiasboivie

Supreme 70

I just bought a whole new hockeykit (after taking up hockey again after 14yrs) 4weeks ago and ended up going for Nike/Bauer after trying everything on in the proshop. I got Supreme 70 shin guards, shoulderpads, gloves, pants but supreme 50 in elbow pads and im SUPER happy with it. I bought everything on hockeygiant.com and found it def. worth the extra 10-15bux per item for 70s. The stuff even looks great...
Good luck!

mattiasboivie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
The Rbks are definitely bulkier. They are wider on the outside but thinner on the inside than the NBH line. The problem i've had with the Supreme line is that the calf and forearm wraps are not long enough. They are made of a tougher nylon strap, rather than an elastic band which forces the rough side of the velcro to be very close to the skin in order to get it tight enough.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 04:23 PM
xdcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasboivie View Post
I just bought a whole new hockeykit (after taking up hockey again after 14yrs) 4weeks ago and ended up going for Nike/Bauer after trying everything on in the proshop. I got Supreme 70 shin guards, shoulderpads, gloves, pants but supreme 50 in elbow pads and im SUPER happy with it. I bought everything on hockeygiant.com and found it def. worth the extra 10-15bux per item for 70s. The stuff even looks great...
Good luck!
Nice, gives me more confidence in my purchase now, thanks. I bought the shin and elbow pads from hockeygiant today, so now I just gotta wait about a week and a half for them to come over from the US.