HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I need absolution !!!

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 10:11 PM
hosehead

vCash: 500
I need absolution !!!

I live in Toronto & tonite I went to a bar with a friend to have a few (5) pints & watch the 7th game of the Leafs & Sens... anyways after the game they had trivia & I qualified for the final & turns out the prize was a Leafs jersey.... anyways they ask a question about some Leaf player from 3-4 years ago & me and the other contestants didn't know.... so they said they'd ask another question ... I figured it would be about the Leafs but they broadsided me & asked who won the Conn Smythe in '86 and some **** in a Leafs jersey beat me to the answer !!!! Anyways I'm pretty hammered & feeling pretty bad about my miscue. I need one of two things -- either please confirm that it was that Karma wouldn't let a good Habs fan get a stupid Leafs jersey no matter what or other Habs fans will abolve me for me for being hammered & a bit slow because really .. getting drunk is the only way to put up with Leaf fans without going postal. Please Help !!!

Last edited by hosehead: 04-20-2004 at 10:24 PM.
Old
04-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosehead
I live in Toronto & tonite I went to a bar with a friend to have a few (5) pints & watch the 7th game of the Leafs & Sens... anyways after the game they had trivia & I qualified for the final & turns out the prize was a Leafs jersey.... anyways they ask a question about some Leaf player from 3-4 years ago & me and the other contestants didn't know.... so they said they'd ask another question ... I figured it would be about the Leafs but they broadsided me & asked who won the Conn Smythe in '86 and some **** in a Leafs jersey beat me to the answer !!!! Anyways I'm pretty hammered & feeling pretty bad about my miscue. I need one of two things -- either please confirm that it was that Karma wouldn't let a good Habs fan get a stupid Leafs jersey no matter what or other Habs fans will abolve me for me for being hammered & a bit slow because really .. getting drunk is the only way to put with Leaf fans without going postal. Please Help !!!
No habs fan should own a leafs Jersey. You did a good thing taking a dive. (more proof that dives can sometimes be good).

Old
04-20-2004, 10:15 PM
theo6060

I'd go the Karma route. And which bar was that? I always find it best to just sit at home and keep the Keith's coming from my own "bar". Don't have to put up with any homers but bob cole and harry neale that way.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
No habs fan should own a leafs Jersey. You did a good thing taking a dive. (more proof that dives can sometimes be good).
i wouldve won it and burned it

Old
04-20-2004, 10:23 PM
hosehead

Well, it was my competitivness that got me into it in the first place.. I didn't know what the prize was & I don't have a clue what I would have done with it but fire definately might have come into play !!

Old
04-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Sonik

Leafs fan get jersey, Habs fan get cup.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
DEAL!!

Old
04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
hosehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I'd go the Karma route. And which bar was that? I always find it best to just sit at home and keep the Keith's coming from my own "bar". Don't have to put up with any homers but bob cole and harry neale that way.
I was at Shoeless Joe's in Scarborough , Markham Rd & 401. I've heard that Kilgour's on Bloor Street is the unofficial Habs HQ in T.O. -- anyone planning on going Friday nite ??

Old
04-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Karl Pilkington

If it was an official team jersey with name and number on it you could have sold it and bought yourself a brand new Habs jersey...

...actually I don't know, because you would officially own a leafs jersey until you sold it... I could live with it if it meant getting a new habs jersey.. anyway it doesnt matter..

Old
04-21-2004, 12:21 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosehead
I was at Shoeless Joe's in Scarborough , Markham Rd & 401. I've heard that Kilgour's on Bloor Street is the unofficial Habs HQ in T.O. -- anyone planning on going Friday nite ??
Are you serious? I didn't know there was a place that us Habs fans could rejoice in Toronto. I can't go on Friday, but I could meet up with some Habs fans down there for the Sunday game, if I find out how to get there...

Old
04-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!

Closed Thread