HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I need absolution !!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2004, 10:11 PM
  #1
hosehead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
I need absolution !!!

I live in Toronto & tonite I went to a bar with a friend to have a few (5) pints & watch the 7th game of the Leafs & Sens... anyways after the game they had trivia & I qualified for the final & turns out the prize was a Leafs jersey.... anyways they ask a question about some Leaf player from 3-4 years ago & me and the other contestants didn't know.... so they said they'd ask another question ... I figured it would be about the Leafs but they broadsided me & asked who won the Conn Smythe in '86 and some **** in a Leafs jersey beat me to the answer !!!! Anyways I'm pretty hammered & feeling pretty bad about my miscue. I need one of two things -- either please confirm that it was that Karma wouldn't let a good Habs fan get a stupid Leafs jersey no matter what or other Habs fans will abolve me for me for being hammered & a bit slow because really .. getting drunk is the only way to put up with Leaf fans without going postal. Please Help !!!


Last edited by hosehead: 04-20-2004 at 10:24 PM.
hosehead is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:13 PM
  #2
Kerberos*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosehead
I live in Toronto & tonite I went to a bar with a friend to have a few (5) pints & watch the 7th game of the Leafs & Sens... anyways after the game they had trivia & I qualified for the final & turns out the prize was a Leafs jersey.... anyways they ask a question about some Leaf player from 3-4 years ago & me and the other contestants didn't know.... so they said they'd ask another question ... I figured it would be about the Leafs but they broadsided me & asked who won the Conn Smythe in '86 and some **** in a Leafs jersey beat me to the answer !!!! Anyways I'm pretty hammered & feeling pretty bad about my miscue. I need one of two things -- either please confirm that it was that Karma wouldn't let a good Habs fan get a stupid Leafs jersey no matter what or other Habs fans will abolve me for me for being hammered & a bit slow because really .. getting drunk is the only way to put with Leaf fans without going postal. Please Help !!!
No habs fan should own a leafs Jersey. You did a good thing taking a dive. (more proof that dives can sometimes be good).

  Kerberos* is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:15 PM
  #3
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
I'd go the Karma route. And which bar was that? I always find it best to just sit at home and keep the Keith's coming from my own "bar". Don't have to put up with any homers but bob cole and harry neale that way.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:15 PM
  #4
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
No habs fan should own a leafs Jersey. You did a good thing taking a dive. (more proof that dives can sometimes be good).
i wouldve won it and burned it

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:23 PM
  #5
hosehead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Well, it was my competitivness that got me into it in the first place.. I didn't know what the prize was & I don't have a clue what I would have done with it but fire definately might have come into play !!

hosehead is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:24 PM
  #6
Sonik
Registered User
 
Sonik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Proud Habs Land
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Leafs fan get jersey, Habs fan get cup.

Sonik is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:37 PM
  #7
Belarus Rocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Leafs fan get jersey, Habs fan get cup.
DEAL!!

Belarus Rocket is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
  #8
hosehead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I'd go the Karma route. And which bar was that? I always find it best to just sit at home and keep the Keith's coming from my own "bar". Don't have to put up with any homers but bob cole and harry neale that way.
I was at Shoeless Joe's in Scarborough , Markham Rd & 401. I've heard that Kilgour's on Bloor Street is the unofficial Habs HQ in T.O. -- anyone planning on going Friday nite ??

hosehead is offline  
Old
04-20-2004, 10:42 PM
  #9
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
If it was an official team jersey with name and number on it you could have sold it and bought yourself a brand new Habs jersey...

...actually I don't know, because you would officially own a leafs jersey until you sold it... I could live with it if it meant getting a new habs jersey.. anyway it doesnt matter..

Karl Pilkington is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 12:21 AM
  #10
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosehead
I was at Shoeless Joe's in Scarborough , Markham Rd & 401. I've heard that Kilgour's on Bloor Street is the unofficial Habs HQ in T.O. -- anyone planning on going Friday nite ??
Are you serious? I didn't know there was a place that us Habs fans could rejoice in Toronto. I can't go on Friday, but I could meet up with some Habs fans down there for the Sunday game, if I find out how to get there...

theo6060 is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 12:43 PM
  #11
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Leafs fan get jersey, Habs fan get cup.
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!

Darz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.