HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Despair in Beantown

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 01:02 PM
GoldenForum

vCash: 500
Despair in Beantown

I'm a Habs fan and really like reading the newspapers of the team we are opposing, particularly when it's Boston because they actually have writers who know something about sports (ie. unlike Pat "clueless one" Hickey or Jack "Knee Jerk Bandwagon" Todd). Anyway, not sure if you've all been checking out the Boston papers, but it seems like the Game 7 loss is as heartbreaking to the moral fiber of that city as the Red Sox losing to the Yanks (or almost). I don't say this to rub it in, but rather how much Boston's hockey hopes for a quarter of a century seemed to be riding on this team, particularly after the Gonchar-Nylander pickups. They really felt like this could be their year. Of course, that they lost to the Habs (as if it were the 1950s, 60s, and 70s all over again) hurts that much more. We all know Boston has a "bit" of a complex with tough losses, but I was glued to the articles in the Globe- like the whole soul of a city was being salted. Check 'em out if you haven't already.

PS. Although we have no history with TB (and it is a bit weird going from playing Boston to Tampa), I think we could all be in for a real hockey treat: speed, speed, and more speed. And thanks to whoever wrote the TB scouting report- very useful.

Old
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
The Bruins had the team, or so it looked, to contend for the cup. Thornton's injury was huge, and it would have been interesting to see if Raycroft could go the distance.

However.. their defence was still a tad immobile.. but.. still a solid hockey club. A healthy Thornton may have been the only ingredient missing.

However, who really knows.

Closed Thread