HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev still hurt?

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 10:15 PM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
Kovalev still hurt?

I was watching 110% and I saw that when Habs-Bruins have thier traditionnal handshake, Kovy was shaking with his left hand. It was obvious that he didn't use his right hand because it was still hurting him. Hopefully, this 3 day rest will help him healing.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
I was watching 110% and I saw that when Habs-Bruins have thier traditionnal handshake, Kovy was shaking with his left hand. It was obvious that he didn't use his right hand because it was still hurting him. Hopefully, this 3 day rest will help him healing.
if it makes him play like he did last night, i hope he breaks the other. he played extremely well especially in the final seconds at the blue line. the hand cant be that bad.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
I think Kovalev was joking a bit there. Or maybe he didn't want the cameras to catch the tape on his right hand and make it a target for round 2. Who knows.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
I think Kovalev was joking a bit there. Or maybe he didn't want the cameras to catch the tape on his right hand and make it a target for round 2. Who knows.
Who needs Kovy???

We've got the Thunder God!

лллллллллллллллллл

Old
04-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Who needs Kovy???

We've got the Thunder God!

лллллллллллллллллл

Hahhahaha now thats cool

Old
04-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Lewis63

I saw that on sportsnet and i found it intelligent on Kovy's part:

This way who knows if he was really hurt but he's showing that he is by doing that. Maybe he didn't want to piss anybody off so he shacked hands with his left hand while not revealing his right.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:01 AM
Mike The Wall

You would be surprised how amny players are playing injured and we will never know. Look at Sheldon he is not himself.

Old
04-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
if it makes him play like he did last night, i hope he breaks the other. he played extremely well especially in the final seconds at the blue line. the hand cant be that bad.
Agreed! I just hope he continues to play the way he did AFTER the slash!

Old
04-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
You would be surprised how amny players are playing injured and we will never know. Look at Sheldon he is not himself.

I definitely think Souray is hurting. He's made way too many weak plays for a player of his calibre. In fact, he made so many bad plays that there were times when I thought that he shouldn't even be playing. I'm not knocking him for his heart and desire because he can't help it if he is being limited by injuries.

Old
04-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Legolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
I definitely think Souray is hurting. He's made way too many weak plays for a player of his calibre. In fact, he made so many bad plays that there were times when I thought that he shouldn't even be playing. I'm not knocking him for his heart and desire because he can't help it if he is being limited by injuries.
I think Kovalev is okay...his hand may be hurting, but obviously not to the point where it affects his play. I think he shook hands with his left to prove a point almost...in any event, he should be good to go for this round!

Souray looked horrible in Game 7. He had one great play where he shut down Thornton on a rush and took the puck away from him. Other than that, he looked really slow and his shot is way off. He also had some horrible break out passes that cost us big turnovers in some cases. I hope he wakes up in this round because we really need him on both ends of the ice.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
I'm pretty sure the hand is fine, its just kovy that trying to make a deal out of playing hurt. He held his stick with his right hand and played hockey with it.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
My theory is that he thought maybe someone from the bruins would try to shake his right hand really hard "by accident" don't hurt it more. I'm not stabbing at the bruins I'm just being thought provoking!

Closed Thread