HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Official Blue Jackets Fan Speculation/Trade Proposals/Blog Rumors Thread II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2008, 08:52 PM
  #101
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
WAIT!!!!

Is Richards really the answer? Don't get me wrong, I like his game and all, but is he a bona fide, number one center? Or does he just get paid number one center money?

Is everyone ready to risk the likes of Brassard, Mason and Voracek/Lindstrom for Brad Richards?
Are you asking #1 center or elite franchise type player? Personally I think he is a pretty legit #1 center. Kind of expensive, but top end centers are.

Lindstrom I don't mind giving up. The others make me cringe, but if we have to giveup one of those names to get a #1 center - it may just come to that.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:54 PM
  #102
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,235
vCash: 500
I'd rather not lose Brass or Lindstrom, but i think any deal for Richards would have to include one of them.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:56 PM
  #103
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Brad Richards=Comm Smythe trophy winner. Not to mention he's only 27

BluejacketNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:56 PM
  #104
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Don't think it would take that - someone on the mains said they'd be happy with Brule + 1st. At that price, I say - giddyup!
If that is all it took, I'm 99.99999% sure Howson wouldn't hesitate. He might need to have a small chat with JHM first, but with his hit for this year and the obvious movement of Feds after that I don't think it would be much of a discussion.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 08:59 PM
  #105
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Brule, Lindstrom, Picard and a first round pick in 2009..... Brassard, Voracek, Mason and Z are off the table-period-they are our future.

Don't forget, we are doing them a favor by taking that 8 mln.......

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:00 PM
  #106
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Minnesota and Columbus talking trade?

http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=470


Remember, I called this earlier in the week:

Quote:
Sergei Fedorov to Minnesota for Shawn Belle and a 2nd round pick

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:00 PM
  #107
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
I'd rather not lose Brass or Lindstrom, but i think any deal for Richards would have to include one of them.
Why the hesitation to get rid of Lindstrom. He hasn't blossomed in the CBJ system, perhaps a change of scenery would do him good. If he has some trade value, I say send him.

I agree that you hang onto Brassard, he is going to be a quality player for us.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
  #108
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Brad Richards=Comm Smythe trophy winner. Not to mention he's only 27
Good point, he's in his prime not past it. Hey, I'd take that dude in a heart beat but if we do that will be it as far as big name guys go.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
  #109
KeithBWhittington
Going North
 
KeithBWhittington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brick by Brick
Country: Hungary
Posts: 10,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Why the hesitation to get rid of Lindstrom. He hasn't blossomed in the CBJ system, perhaps a change of scenery would do him good. If he has some trade value, I say send him.

I agree that you hang onto Brassard, he is going to be a quality player for us.
I don't believe Lindstrom has been given a fair shake, first from Doug MacLean, now Howson and Hitch, he's done alright in his callups and looks promising, and he's got skill and talent, something we don't have a lot of in our pipeline right now.

I can deal with losing Lindstrom, but I'd hate to see him go and really tear up elsewhere, I think he's really close to being a full timer.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
  #110
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Think of the haul we could bring in on deadline day if Howson plays it right:

-Brad Richards
-A first round pick (for Foote)
-A first/second round pick (for Fedorov)
-A couple decent prospects (Lee? Hennessey? for Foote)
-A second round pick (for Peca)
-A third round pick (for Vyborny)
-A second round pick/decent prospect (for Hainsey)

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
  #111
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Minnesota and Columbus talking trade?

http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=470


Remember, I called this earlier in the week:
Do it, the guy hits. We are team full of panzies-he would bring some thoughness.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
  #112
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
On the mains from McKenzie, Columbus is in the mix for Richards.


Supposedly asking for 3 solid prospects. We have those.
I hope this works.

Try this

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?vid=33195

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:11 PM
  #113
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Think of the haul we could bring in on deadline day if Howson plays it right:

-Brad Richards
-A first round pick (for Foote)
-A first/second round pick (for Fedorov)
-A couple decent prospects (Lee? Hennessey? for Foote)
-A second round pick (for Peca)
-A third round pick (for Vyborny)
-A second round pick/decent prospect (for Hainsey)
To me, the only thing better would be to get Antoine Vermette from the Sens. Maybe a combo deal.

Foote and Peca for Vermette, Hennessey and a 1st Round pick.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:13 PM
  #114
X0ssbar
 
X0ssbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ...on a star!
Country: United States
Posts: 13,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
I usually agree with Top Shelf, but no way do we offer Zherdev and Brule for Richards
Don't be so sure about Z. Yes he's having a great year but I'm not convinced the men in charge are sold he can keep it up. They may want to sell high.

Looking a year out from now will they want to pay him as well?

Heck, last year we couldn't give Z away for Lupul.

Could you imagine Z with Tortorella though

As far as Brule. I've been a big supporter of his and I think the light is finally starting to go off but the fact of the matter is he's got 126 NHL games played with 12g and 15a.

Never know though, Tampa may be forced to clear out his salary and we may be on of the few takers so the price may come down.

If we could get him for just Brule and a 2nd round pick I'd personally cast a write in vote for Howson in the 2008 presidential election.


Last edited by X0ssbar: 02-20-2008 at 09:19 PM.
X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:18 PM
  #115
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
On the mains from McKenzie, Columbus is in the mix for Richards.


Supposedly asking for 3 solid prospects. We have those.
Here's the link to McKenzie's article on TSN... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline...trade_deadline

The word on the street from rival general managers around the league is that Lightning GM Jay Feaster is in a situation where he's being told by potential team owner Oren Koules to find out what he could get for veteran forward Brad Richards.


Sounds like more 'speculation' to me. I'd be shocked if Howson spent THAT much money on one guy.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:18 PM
  #116
Hugg
Registered User
 
Hugg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Giving up Zherdev for Richards sure feels like a lateral move to me.

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:20 PM
  #117
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I hope this works.

Try this

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?vid=33195
It worked.

Columbus was the last team mentioned and mentioned as a 'shocker'. If Howson is behind this then he has been given authority to spend; and, I would assume the Foote negotiations are breaking down as well. No way do we pay foote 3-4 mln for three years if Richards was coming here.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:21 PM
  #118
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,322
vCash: 500
Zherdev won't be a part of this. It defeats the purpose of getting Richards. Obviously if we were to pull this off, Richards would be put between Modin and Nash, but as much as Hitch changes lines, I could see a Nash-Richards-Zherdev line.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:22 PM
  #119
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko
 
DJAnimosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Wales
Posts: 12,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Here's the link to McKenzie's article on TSN... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline...trade_deadline

The word on the street from rival general managers around the league is that Lightning GM Jay Feaster is in a situation where he's being told by potential team owner Oren Koules to find out what he could get for veteran forward Brad Richards.


Sounds like more 'speculation' to me. I'd be shocked if Howson spent THAT much money on one guy.
Watch the video above - sounds pretty definite that the Jackets are putting together an offer.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
  #120
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Sounds like more 'speculation' to me. I'd be shocked if Howson spent THAT much money on one guy.
Lucky we're in the trade speculation thread then eh?

I guess we'll find out this offseason (or before) what the Jackets are willing to spend.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
  #121
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,144
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Don't be so sure about Z. Yes he's having a great year but I'm not convinced the men in charge are sold he can keep it up. They may want to sell high.

Looking a year out from now will they want to pay him as well?

Heck, last year we couldn't give Z away for Lupul.

Could you imagine Z with Tortorella though

As far as Brule. I've been a big supporter of his and I think the light is finally starting to go off but the fact of the matter is he's got 126 NHL games played with 12g and 15a.

Never know though, Tampa may be forced to clear out his salary and we may be on of the few takers so the price may come down.

If we could get him for just Brule and a 2nd round pick I'd personally cast a write in vote for Howson in the 2008 presidential election.
Zherdev has had a good year but his talent can come from all over the ice-he's more than a one dementional player. If Zherdev is traded for Richards then Howson is a fool.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:24 PM
  #122
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners
 
Fred Glover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 2000
This will be a fascinating few days and will give us a read as to the kind of GM we have now

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:27 PM
  #123
MFRONE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sheffield Lake, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,127
vCash: 500
I'd offer Brule in a package, but giving up Zherdev is way too much

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:27 PM
  #124
X0ssbar
 
X0ssbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ...on a star!
Country: United States
Posts: 13,011
vCash: 500
Everyone wants a legit #1 center but isn't willing to pay the price to get one.

Tampa is not gonna want our left overs -- there has to be a significant piece included otherwise the Jackets will get outbid.

Heck, who even knows if Richards would waive his NTC to come here.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
  #125
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Don't be so sure about Z. Yes he's having a great year but I'm not convinced the men in charge are sold he can keep it up. They may want to sell high.

Looking a year out from now will they want to pay him as well?

Heck, last year we couldn't give Z away for Lupul.
That would a humerous time to be on the boards. Zherdev might be our most marketable assest we have that we would be willing to give up (outside of Nash/Leclaire). For the right trade, I could easily see them move him.

As you point out, if we add salary we might have to consider moving him simply because of his next contract.

Fun times upcoming.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.