HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bergeron named to HF's 2nd All-Rookie Team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2004, 08:23 PM
  #26
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,064
vCash: 500
guys, if you click on outkasts's profile, you get a few options, one of which is "ignore". Seems like a simple solution.


BTW, I posted this a while back and it was like nobody saw my post.

Mr Sakich is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 08:41 PM
  #27
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
I think i explained myself enough of why i called you a homer. Because it's true. You Oiler fans even went as far as to say in another thread that MAB is a poor mans Bobby Orr. If that's not homeristic, then maybe you all need to wake up. MAB had a good month. Let's see him do that for an extended period of time...say a full 82 games. MAB will never be anythihngn more than a fringe 5th defenseman who we will despose of when Woywitka and Lynch make the team.
This is extremely hypocritical. Wouldn't it make just as much sense for you wait until he's played a full 82 games before you tell us how good he won't become?

Seachd is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 09:16 PM
  #28
GorillazXL
Registered User
 
GorillazXL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Seachd, Windowlicker, USC... Don't waste your time with Outkast. He can't win any debates... he can't even win the Oliers HF troll award. I think he still hasn't answered Seachd's question if he's even seen MAP play in person.

Outkast = L=O=S=E=R

GXL

GorillazXL is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 11:33 PM
  #29
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
well thanks man. a guy thousands and thousands of miles away thinks im a loser because im just saying what everyone else in the league is thinking. You're really acting like i care GorrillaXL. See i would retaliate and give you the biggest lashing of a lifetime but you're not worth me getting banned. I don't get how you're allowed to attack me and call me names but if i did that i would get banned in a nanosecond. If you think i even care of all your insults then save it. A guys trying to yshow you his point of view and you flame him. Good for you guys you should be proud.

The rookie team thread was on the NHL talk forum and everyone was up in arms about MAB even making that list. You hear guys like Orpik, Backman, Martin who people around the league would rather have more than MAB. Now, here i am explaining the same nohomeristic POV on the Oiler boards doing the same thing and i get FLAMED horribly. I am not the only one with this point of view. If you want me to open my ears and listen then you all have to open your closed minded heads all together and listen to what i have to say. The only person who's ever really understood me was (Biggest Cannuck Fan or something like that) He agreed with a couple of points i made because he's not definitely not an Oiler homer. To make things worse i was flamed for making those points. He agreed an no one said anything. I'm not hating on the Oilers, im showing you what it's like to not be a homer.


Last edited by outKast*: 04-16-2004 at 11:42 PM.
outKast* is offline  
Old
04-16-2004, 11:38 PM
  #30
Oiltalk
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast

The only person who's ever really understood me was (Biggest Cannuck Fan or something like that) He agreed with a couple of points i made that i was flamed for by Oiler fans. I'm not hating on the Oilers, im showing you what it's like to not be a homer.
You must get in a lot of battles if someone has to agree with you in order to be listening. I'm done posting in this thread.

Oiltalk is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 12:06 AM
  #31
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
If you don't want my input on MAB listen to Laperiere22. Since he's more respected and should know more than me because he has 3000+ posts go see what he has to say. The guy cuts up Bergeron better than anyone on these boards. He names aobut 4 or 5 guys that he'd rather see make the 2nd all star team way before MAB. If you all want to turn your flaming to him it would be kindly appreciated.

outKast* is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 12:36 AM
  #32
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
If you all want to turn your flaming to him it would be kindly appreciated.
Its not what you say, its the way you state it that leads to you getting flamed. Surely you know this already, so why do you always get your back up against a wall?

MrMackey is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 12:39 AM
  #33
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
dunno man. it just sort of happens. ever since my first post. these things don't change. i don't mind it but it get really annoying when someone has to say something about every single one of your posts.

outKast* is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 01:13 AM
  #34
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
If you don't want my input on MAB listen to Laperiere22. Since he's more respected and should know more than me because he has 3000+ posts go see what he has to say. The guy cuts up Bergeron better than anyone on these boards. He names aobut 4 or 5 guys that he'd rather see make the 2nd all star team way before MAB. If you all want to turn your flaming to him it would be kindly appreciated.
Thats great. I think Ill stick to what I think.

windowlicker is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 01:20 AM
  #35
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
If you don't want my input on MAB listen to Laperiere22. Since he's more respected and should know more than me because he has 3000+ posts go see what he has to say. The guy cuts up Bergeron better than anyone on these boards. He names aobut 4 or 5 guys that he'd rather see make the 2nd all star team way before MAB. If you all want to turn your flaming to him it would be kindly appreciated.
You seem to automatically assume that anyone that disagrees with your opinion is "flaming" you. You make a bunch of bold statements but you seldom back them up with anything at all. I've read what Laperiere22 has to say about Bergeron and I kindly disagree. People aren't arguing with you because of your lack of posts, they're arguing with you because of the lack of reason/evidence contained within your posts.

Cerebral is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 02:46 AM
  #36
Hans Moleman
Was saying Boortuzzi
 
Hans Moleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FTW
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
The only downside about having a lack of posts is that people don't know you and can't give you the benefit of the doubt regarding your opinion. People with several thousand posts have already paid their dues, it's relative to your dedication to the forums. When you're a n00b, it's all about first impressions, if you open with clear and concise opinions backed up with research you'll certainly garner more respect for your opinion than if you open up with, for example somebody >>>>>>> somebody else arguments.

This is really just common sense and will go for any forum you visit. I for instance just like to come to HF to read the excellent posts (This is one of the better Oil forums) and make the occasional remark. I'm in no way expecting people to take me seriously or even pay attention to what I say, I spend most of my time posting on a different forum anyway, because there's so many people here my opinion is pretty much already taken before I make it.

Also, I think MAB will be great if he has the right partner, as long as it's not Semenov because according to this season, Semenov and Bergeron must have some sort of blood feud going on.

Hans Moleman is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 06:52 AM
  #37
USC Trojans
I have a plan.
 
USC Trojans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA Oiler fan
Posts: 11,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
If you don't want my input on MAB listen to Laperiere22. Since he's more respected and should know more than me because he has 3000+ posts go see what he has to say. The guy cuts up Bergeron better than anyone on these boards. He names aobut 4 or 5 guys that he'd rather see make the 2nd all star team way before MAB. If you all want to turn your flaming to him it would be kindly appreciated.
Hey, the fact that I have 4000+ posts doesn't mean that I'm a better poster than anyone else. In fact, a lot of people with low post counts can post circles around me, but that's beside the point.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you're entitled to your's. We just don't see you backing up your arguments with facts and that's what gets most people riled up about you. While I may not agree with some of the things that Laperiere22 said, he did manage to take the time to back up his argument. What I do know is that the hockey experts of Hockey's Future named Bergeron to their 2nd all rookie team, so there ARE people who agree with us. Whether other people agree with them or not, he's still listed on the 2nd team. So that's that.

USC Trojans is offline  
Old
04-17-2004, 12:10 PM
  #38
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
The all-rookie team selection doesn't mean who is better in the future, or who other teams would rather have and build their teams around.

He had a very good season in general. Started off well, struggled, and came back and was a very important part to the team. You can't ignore his point totals, and guess what?

when you pick 1st and 2nd allstar teams and all-rookie teams, offense matters... alot.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 03:47 PM
  #39
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
I think i explained myself enough of why i called you a homer. Because it's true. You Oiler fans even went as far as to say in another thread that MAB is a poor mans Bobby Orr. If that's not homeristic, then maybe you all need to wake up. MAB had a good month. Let's see him do that for an extended period of time...say a full 82 games. MAB will never be anythihngn more than a fringe 5th defenseman who[m] we will despose of when Woywitka and Lynch make the team.
Which is it dude, are you with us or against us? You are wavering between the first and second person plural.

As far as Lap22 is concerned, who gives a rip what someone who doesn't like Bg thinks? The stats speak for themselves.

Bg stepped up and was a leader for this team over the most important and successful stretch of the season. Without his input we would have been in the Ovechkin derby instead of the playoff race (time will tell if we should be thankful).

While what's'isname was playing big minutes for the Devs Brodeur's sv% went down from .925 to about .880. Think about that for a sec.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 11:21 PM
  #40
King of Stankonia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: aka Kubina_Fan Blues fan in Ontario loving Calgary
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
While what's'isname was playing big minutes for the Devs Brodeur's sv% went down from .925 to about .880. Think about that for a sec.
Look, I don't like to bring up old threads all that much, but when information is this blatantly incorrect I can't help it.

Paul Martin began playing huge minutes for Devils in January and didn't stop for the rest of the season.

Martin Brodeur's Save Pct. by month:
January - .958
February - .949
March - .950
April - .922

Research. Think about that for a sec.

King of Stankonia is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 12:02 AM
  #41
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockzky
The only downside about having a lack of posts is that people don't know you and can't give you the benefit of the doubt regarding your opinion. People with several thousand posts have already paid their dues, it's relative to your dedication to the forums.
Everyone knows that Mizral's first 5000 posts said "Uh huh."

Slats432 is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 12:03 AM
  #42
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Stankonia
Look, I don't like to bring up old threads all that much, but when information is this blatantly incorrect I can't help it.

Paul Martin began playing huge minutes for Devils in January and didn't stop for the rest of the season.

Martin Brodeur's Save Pct. by month:
January - .958
February - .949
March - .950
April - .922

Research. Think about that for a sec.
Unfortunately, ESPN's numbers are wrong... and if you look a little closer, it's pretty apparant. There is no way Brodeur can average a sv% over .940 for 4 months and end up with a sv% of .917, especially when he gets shutouts in 8 of his first 34 games.

His real stats in those 4 months were:

January - 368 shots against, 335 saves - .910 not .958
February - 284 SA 253 svs - .891 not .949
March - 343 SA 316svs - .922, not .950
April - 64SA 59svs - .922 - They managed to get this number right...

So basically his sv% was .909 (963 saves on 1069 shots).

His sv% previous to that (Oct-December) was .926 (728 saves on 786 shots).

If you look back to the month by month breakdowns that ESPN gives, they give the shot and save totals as well. I have no idea how they got their sv% numbers, but they are clearly wrong.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
  #43
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,033
vCash: 500
I watched game 5 of the Phi/NJ series because I had Jeff Friesen in my hockey pool, iirc they said that Brodeur's sv% was about .880 before that game.

Also, in a previous thread on this message board started by Oilswell there was a comparison of two goalies with/without their #1 defenseman in their lineup and Brodeur was one of them. The difference was pretty huge but I don't recall the exact numbers.

[edit: BRODEUR with STEVENS 37 68 885 0.923 23.9
without STEVENS 32 74 817 0.909 25.5]

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=64537


Last edited by Oi'll say!: 04-22-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 12:49 AM
  #44
King of Stankonia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: aka Kubina_Fan Blues fan in Ontario loving Calgary
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I watched game 5 of the Phi/NJ series because I had Jeff Friesen in my hockey pool, iirc they said that Brodeur's sv% was about .880 before that game.

Also, in a previous thread on this message board started by Oilswell there was a comparison of two goalies with/without their #1 defenseman in their lineup and Brodeur was one of them. The difference was pretty huge but I don't recall the exact numbers.

[edit: BRODEUR with STEVENS 37 68 885 0.923 23.9
without STEVENS 32 74 817 0.909 25.5]

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=64537
Oi'll say!, I owe you a huge apology. It's quite evident that ESPN's numbers are completely out of whack, which is what I based my previous message on. My response to your message was rude, completely uncalled for, and just plain wrong.

Again, please accept my humblest apologies. I was most definitely wrong.


Last edited by King of Stankonia: 04-22-2004 at 01:07 AM. Reason: dawgbone already posted proper stats.
King of Stankonia is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 02:16 AM
  #45
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,243
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Stankonia
Oi'll say!, I owe you a huge apology. It's quite evident that ESPN's numbers are completely out of whack, which is what I based my previous message on. My response to your message was rude, completely uncalled for, and just plain wrong.

Again, please accept my humblest apologies. I was most definitely wrong.

FINALLY! Someone who is wrong and has the nads to admit it and do the right thing to save face. I applaud you.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 02:33 AM
  #46
King of Stankonia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: aka Kubina_Fan Blues fan in Ontario loving Calgary
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
FINALLY! Someone who is wrong and has the nads to admit it and do the right thing to save face. I applaud you.
Actually, I should've had the brains to double check my sources before shooting my mouth off and barring that, I shouldn't have shot my mouth off regardless of the validity of Oi'll say's statements but thanks for the applause anyway!

EDIT - The sad part is that people not apologizing for being blatantly wrong is commonplace on the HF Boards.

King of Stankonia is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.