HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Iggy and Kiprusoff!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2004, 01:58 PM
  #1
Cactus Jack
Registered User
 
Cactus Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Iggy and Kiprusoff!!

Iggy was a nominee for the heart trophy today, along with Martin St Louis and Martin Brodeur. And Kipper was nominated for the Vezina, with Brodeur and Roberto Luongo also nominated!!

This is great news for the flames. The teams 2 biggest start getting props for being great player who had monster years!! Iginla is my pick for the hart, and I'm very surprised Kiprusoff was nominated for the vezina, not because he doesn't deserve it because I think he does, but because people were looking down on his stats cuz he only played like 35 games.

Either way, it's great to see these 2 guys get some recognition and respect. GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Cactus Jack is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 02:28 PM
  #2
OMA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
For sure.

You forgot about Sutter's nomination for the Jack Adams though! He truly deserves it.

OMA is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 03:00 PM
  #3
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
Kipper was nominated for the Vezina
What a joke

Chaos is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 03:20 PM
  #4
DBC Tweeker
Registered User
 
DBC Tweeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
What a joke
Quit whinning! Luongo or Brodeur will beat him any way!

Are you just bitter that Turdco was never nominated? Look at it this way: would HE have beaten Luongo or Brodeur?

DBC Tweeker is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 03:43 PM
  #5
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC Tweeker
Quit whinning! Luongo or Brodeur will beat him any way!

Are you just bitter that Turdco was never nominated? Look at it this way: would HE have beaten Luongo or Brodeur?
Well he did have a better season that Brodeur, but he did last year as well, and we all know how far a reputation can carry you...as for Luongo, all he has is his sv%..nothing else...so yes, I think he would have had a fairly good shot at winning it. As for being bitter because Turco didnt get nominated...thats part of it...but its more the fact that a goalie who didnt even play HALF his teams games gets nominated over both Turco AND Belfour, who also deserved a nomination.

Chaos is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 03:52 PM
  #6
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jared Ramsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Despite Kipper's low games played total, you can't ignore those numbers. I don't know if he will win it, but I have no problem with him getting nominated.

__________________
"I couldn't care less about the team struggling"....A very drunk Joe Namath

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 03:59 PM
  #7
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
Despite Kipper's low games played total, you can't ignore those numbers. I don't know if he will win it, but I have no problem with him getting nominated.
Then by using the same logic of 'not ignoring the numbers', shouldnt Forsberg be almost the frontrunner for the Hart, with 55 points in 39 games, roughly a 110 point pace?

Chaos is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 04:25 PM
  #8
Cactus Jack
Registered User
 
Cactus Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Well he did have a better season that Brodeur, but he did last year as well, and we all know how far a reputation can carry you...as for Luongo, all he has is his sv%..nothing else...so yes, I think he would have had a fairly good shot at winning it. As for being bitter because Turco didnt get nominated...thats part of it...but its more the fact that a goalie who didnt even play HALF his teams games gets nominated over both Turco AND Belfour, who also deserved a nomination.

Quit your whining is right! Bottom line is - who holds the modern day record for the lowest GAA?? That's right boys and girls, it's not Marty Turco. It's Miikka Kiprusoff. Respect the fact that the man has the record and see if Turco's good enough to take it from him next year.

As for your Forsberg arguement, take it up with the NHL because I frankly do not care.

Cactus Jack is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 04:46 PM
  #9
Vincent Vega
GGTK
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Well he did have a better season that Brodeur, but he did last year as well, and we all know how far a reputation can carry you...as for Luongo, all he has is his sv%..nothing else...so yes, I think he would have had a fairly good shot at winning it. As for being bitter because Turco didnt get nominated...thats part of it...but its more the fact that a goalie who didnt even play HALF his teams games gets nominated over both Turco AND Belfour, who also deserved a nomination.
Yeah um pal....did you happen to SEE how Roberto Luongo played this season. Stats dont tell the whole story. If your playing behind Florida's defense your lucky to have a GAA under 3.00 and a Save Percentage over .900. Luongo faced 35+ shots a night and he put up 24 wins, 14 ties, a .931 Save Percentage (3rd best) and a 2.43 GAA. How many wins exactly did Florida have without Mr. Luongo in the nets? FOUR! FOUR WINS!

God some Stars fans are so bitter. I agree with you, Turco did deserve a nomination but let it ****ing go. He is 28, he has tons of good hockey left in him.

Vincent Vega is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 04:52 PM
  #10
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash61
Yeah um pal....did you happen to SEE how Roberto Luongo played this season. Stats dont tell the whole story. If your playing behind Florida's defense your lucky to have a GAA under 3.00 and a Save Percentage over .900. Luongo faced 35+ shots a night and he put up 24 wins, 14 ties, a .931 Save Percentage (3rd best) and a 2.43 GAA. How many wins exactly did Florida have without Mr. Luongo in the nets? FOUR! FOUR WINS!

God some Stars fans are so bitter. I agree with you, Turco did deserve a nomination but let it ****ing go. He is 28, he has tons of good hockey left in him.
Stars only had 4 wins without Turco as well......

Chaos is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:19 PM
  #11
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jared Ramsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Then by using the same logic of 'not ignoring the numbers', shouldnt Forsberg be almost the frontrunner for the Hart, with 55 points in 39 games, roughly a 110 point pace?
Calm down there chief. Just because your team isin't in the playoffs doesn't mean you can come along and spaz at something that isin't worth spazing about.

Jared Ramsden is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:32 PM
  #12
Snakeeye
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Then by using the same logic of 'not ignoring the numbers', shouldnt Forsberg be almost the frontrunner for the Hart, with 55 points in 39 games, roughly a 110 point pace?
Problem is, there is more to it than just the numbers. Miikka didnt just post the best GAA in league history, he was perhaps THE reason why the Flames made it to the playoffs. IMO, Kipper has a better argument for Hart than Vezena.

But, he has no shot at winning the award. Kipper's nomination is simple acknowledgement of the amazing season he had, and how valuable he was. But he wont win. Nor would Belfour, Turco or anyone else. It's going to be Brodeur or Luongo, and all the crying in the world wont change that.

Snakeeye is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 05:45 PM
  #13
Badger Bob
Registered User
 
Badger Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: in my happy place
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Stars only had 4 wins without Turco as well......
We'd be glad to offer you Turek back as a backup.

Badger Bob is offline  
Old
04-21-2004, 11:02 PM
  #14
ForeignFlame
Registered User
 
ForeignFlame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Too far from the Sad
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Congrats to both Iggy and Kipper.

Unfortunately, I can't see either of them winning. I think St. Louis will will the Hart and Brodeur will win the Vezina.

ForeignFlame is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 01:45 AM
  #15
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
I could see Iginla jumping into the Hart if the Flames make the 3rd round (I know POs aren't supposed to count, but they do anyway, we all know it)

Sutter could definetaly pull in the Adams.

kruezer is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 01:52 AM
  #16
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Stars only had 4 wins without Turco as well......
Gross. Then how incompetent WAS the Stars' powerhouse defense, and forwards, this season?

What a one-player team; and that's saying alot for the payroll they have invested in that group of aging underacheivers.

Ice Cream Man is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 10:31 AM
  #17
Chaos
3, 2, 1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
Gross. Then how incompetent WAS the Stars' powerhouse defense, and forwards, this season?

What a one-player team; and that's saying alot for the payroll they have invested in that group of aging underacheivers.
1st off, the entire team plays completely different when Turco is playing...mainly because of all the dump-ins he stops. And your right on that for the most part, we were a one player team with aging underachievers.

Chaos is offline  
Old
04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
  #18
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
I think Sutter has the best chance of winning.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.