HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Canucks @ Preds - 2.21.08 (time to nuckle down edt)

Old
02-21-2008, 11:56 PM
irisheyes555

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
neither do the Panthers
not exactly sure what you mean here, but refresh my memory. what exactly did we get in the deal and how does that help us this year....next year...or in 2+ years? by the time any of those picks make it up we may not be a PO team. for that matter we may not even be in Nashville anymore. got to think that tomas would be better than mase at this point.

we traded our #1 goalie due to cap a large figure and ownership uncertainties for future considerations. we now find that the team has new ownership, a new lease(pending the MSA and city council actually acting on a months old deal) and is still PO bound but w/o the backstop that is require to do anything (actually less compared to previous teams that had better O). offense wins season ending awards, defense wins season ending cups. right now we have a bunch of blue collar guys that will have to win every game and series by 1.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

The picks include a first-round selection in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, a second-round selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft (No. 58) and a conditional second-round selection in either 2007 or 2008. We chose the 2008 2nd round draft pick (which is originally TB's).

We could potentially draft an NHL ready player.

And I have no idea what you're talking about Mason playing bad tonight. He played pretty dern good. We just suck at shootouts. If this game was a 20 minute overtime, we would win.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 06:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Mason was pretty outstanding tonight. He's not to blame for the loss, and saying that "see? We won't go far in the playoffs because we don't have a goalie as good as Luongo" is borderline lunacy. There's not many teams that have a goalie as good as Luongo. And just in case you're wondering, Vokoun wasn't in that stratosphere, either. We put 51 shots on, had countless scoring chances...but got beat by an all-star goalie. We managed a point on a night when Luongo wasn't letting anything by...it's hard to fault our effort\chances tonight.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 07:20 AM
RollingPredFan

Yeah I've been down on Mason at times, but last night he was pretty sharp. He does look like he has have a tendency to go down too early though... But he did make some good saves and the ones he gave up he was screened on one and the other according to Crispy should have been disallowed because they picked Zanon or else he would have never had that time to shoot.

The officiating stunk last night by the way, on both teams were some phantom ticky tack calls.

Its a tough loss but we outplayed them for most of the game, they got some breaks with the overturned Hamhuis goal, yet we still battled back and got a point.

I hate shootouts now that we suck at them lol. You would think Radulov would be better at that than he has been. I think I would have rather seen Erat than Legwand shoot.

We need to win in regulation from now on lol

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
At what point does Trotz throw caution to the wind, stop overthinking the shootout, and throw Tootoo, Zanon, and DeVries out there? I mean, if you are going to have guys missing the net and using no imagination, why not take it to the extreme. That way us fans can at least have a laugh when DeVries turns the puck over at the blueline, Tootoo wires a slapper that accidentally goes into the 'Nucks bench, and Zanon gets a delay of game penalty for taking too long to skate from the red line to the net.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Yeah I've been down on Mason at times, but last night he was pretty sharp. He does look like he has have a tendency to go down too early though... But he did make some good saves and the ones he gave up he was screened on one and the other according to Crispy should have been disallowed because they picked Zanon or else he would have never had that time to shoot.

The officiating stunk last night by the way, on both teams were some phantom ticky tack calls.

Its a tough loss but we outplayed them for most of the game, they got some breaks with the overturned Hamhuis goal, yet we still battled back and got a point.

I hate shootouts now that we suck at them lol. You would think Radulov would be better at that than he has been. I think I would have rather seen Erat than Legwand shoot.

We need to win in regulation from now on lol
I saw that last night when I turned on the NHL Network ... and Crispy is right

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 11:15 AM
lstcyr

We should be happy that the playoffs don't have a shootout.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I don't understand how refs with a clear conscience can sleep at night ...

after watching the replay ... How that shot wasn't called a goal 2:05 into the game is beyond me ... clearly the entire glove was behind the end line when Luongo caught the puck ... ain't nothing like taking it up the @$$ from the officials yet again

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 02-22-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 11:46 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
We should be happy that the playoffs don't have a shootout.
amen.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 03:50 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I feel much better about getting a single point out of this game than the Minnesota game. I thought everyone played well. Mason played well, too. I can't really fault him for the goals. The first was just a good shot to the corner and the second he had 2 canucks in front of him. Hamhuis's goal was in. But Luongo stole the game. We deserved 2 points more than they did. But that's the way it goes sometimes.

Good to see our PP showing signs of life again.

Nice to finally see Legwand in the shootout. Too bad it didn't go in, but at least he got out there for once. Sure would be nice to win a shootout sometime though....come on Radulov/Dumont (combined 0-11)!

Poor Gelinas, he's been healthy his whole career and then comes here and spends more time hurt than healthy. Hope it's not terribly serious.

Weber had 10 shots on goal! Someone must have told Luongo, "Hey Roberto, when Weber leans right and the puck is on the fourth ring of tape, he's gonna shoot. He's gonna SHOOT!"

Last edited by sparkle twin: 02-23-2008 at 03:57 AM.
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote