HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Therien thinks philly goes after B. Richards

Old
02-21-2008, 06:20 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
if briere is still playing like he's invisible the duration of his contract, i'd rather have brad richards. doesn't look like philly has any real chance of acquiring another richards since briere would have to go the other way to clear salary and both have ntcs.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
pughater

what does bundy know.

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 09:27 PM
kgchief

How about Richards, Prospal (UFA), Holmquist for Carter, Knuble, Nitty, Nodl. Adds some depth to Tampa's future and a quick fix to their goaltending woes while Philly finally adds that impact player. I think the biggest problem with Biron is that no one told him he is the guy. I think that is all he needs is that confidence in him from above.(His GAA is pretty respectable) Moving Nitty will give him that and Richards salary can be absorbed this year with the Gagne injury and in the offseason clearing out some veterans.(Hatcher,Smith,etc)

kgchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgchief View Post
How about Richards, Prospal (UFA), Holmquist for Carter, Knuble, Nitty, Nodl. Adds some depth to Tampa's future and a quick fix to their goaltending woes while Philly finally adds that impact player. I think the biggest problem with Biron is that no one told him he is the guy. I think that is all he needs is that confidence in him from above.(His GAA is pretty respectable) Moving Nitty will give him that and Richards salary can be absorbed this year with the Gagne injury and in the offseason clearing out some veterans.(Hatcher,Smith,etc)
Gotta move Briere to have Brad Richards on your team, no other way around it. You can't have $21 million in three centres + the deals we've given to Gagne, Timonen and Hartnell.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 09:31 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Gotta move Briere to have Brad Richards on your team, no other way around it. You can't have $21 million in three centres + the deals we've given to Gagne, Timonen and Hartnell.
I think it is safe to say that unless some miracle happens, Richards is out of the question....Not sure why it would even be a thought

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 09:34 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
I hope they're talking about Prospal and Boyle, if they're in talks with TB. The Flyers have a number of NHL ready prospects that TB would likely be interested in.
i'd make a smaller move for prospal...i wouldn't want to give up that much for boyle...

i'd sell the farm to get my hands on price and to a lesser extent halak or huet...we need a stud goalie...

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 09:37 PM
kgchief

Anyone that would be willing to take him. I just think that Richards is one of those game breaking types and is would be a shame to see him in another sweater for a song. when he could be had for a reasonable return.

kgchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 10:10 PM
phlflyer1

Does Bill Barber still work in the Tampa front office?

I walked right by him this evening in the lower level corridor before the San Jose game.

It could end up being nothing but I was surprised to see him and figured he must have been here to look at someone on either the Flyers or Sharks.

phlflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
does Chris Therien realize there is a salary cap?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Gert B Frobe

I really doubt Holmgren gives up on Briere this year. And why would he waive his NMC to go to Tampa Bay? Nobody good is going to want him with that contract.

B. Richards has the worst contract in the league.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:37 AM
martin27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
i'd make a smaller move for prospal...i wouldn't want to give up that much for boyle...

i'd sell the farm to get my hands on price and to a lesser extent halak or huet...we need a stud goalie...
1) Prospal would be interesting, thoughts on how much to trade? and resignable?
2) Huet free agent at the end of season go for him and trade Biron for cap space?

martin27 is offline   Reply With Quote