HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike sale of Bauer complete

Old
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
I doubt Bauer will ever be as good as they once where, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Ever since Nike took over Bauer, the quality of their products has been poor.

I lost count how many shop owners told me stories of how bad the quality of Bauer equipment had become.

Doing away with the Mega and Cooper lines didn't make any sense to me, but I'm sure it was a business decision made by executives who never played hockey in their lives.

We'll see how this company does with Bauer, but I don't see them doing much worse.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 09:57 AM
stick9

Quote:
Doing away with the Mega and Cooper lines didn't make any sense to me, but I'm sure it was a business decision made by executives who never played hockey in their lives.
The impact of the loss of those lines does seem to be all that great since any products that we worth keeping were kept under the Bauer name.

The bigger one to me is Jofa. No clue why Reebok did away with the Jofa brand. Granted, all they did was take Jofa gear and slap an RBK logo on it, but still.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
The bigger one to me is Jofa. No clue why Reebok did away with the Jofa brand. Granted, all they did was take Jofa gear and slap an RBK logo on it, but still.
I thought they still had JOFA on the gear, just in smaller print. Something like RBK by JOFA.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 12:15 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
I thought they still had JOFA on the gear, just in smaller print. Something like RBK by JOFA.
Just checked the 08 catalog. It says, RBK, powered by Jofa.

Maybe the king isn't dead.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 01:41 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
you make it sound like they brought the people from their shoe department over to run the hockey division; laying off all the hockey people from Bauer after they bought it
Why roll the eyes? I know they didnt get rid of all the Bauer people. Nike had no experience whatsoever in anything outside of SHOES when they bought Canstar.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Didn't most of the worthwhile Cooper stuff end up getting eaten up by Bauer, as we mentioned, and the Mega/Microns, or at least the Air 90/70/etc, ended up as Bauer Airs for a little while?

What I meant, though, was that the "old Bauer Vapors" were really a product that came out when Bauer was under Nike's control.

Urgh. I missed out on a set of near-new Mega Air 90s on ebay the other day due to shipping restrictions. Me no happy.
The only thing that has stuck around continuously through the years that was Cooper was 4000/4500 helmet. The Techniflex stuff dissappeared for a while but then came back.

I want to say it was the Air 90's that stuck around as Bauer for a little while but from what I recall they had a different fit and feel from the 10-90s.

If you have a big enough foot theres a few pairs of NOS 10-90S on there right now.

Old
02-22-2008, 06:51 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
If you have a big enough foot theres a few pairs of NOS 10-90S on there right now.
Ah, way too big for me. Rats.

Thanks for the heads-up, though.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
Ah, way too big for me. Rats.

Thanks for the heads-up, though.
Not a problem. I saw them and got excited until I saw you need to be bigfoot to fit into them.