HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trotz for coach of the year

Old
02-22-2008, 10:47 AM
HBGamblers

vCash: 500
Trotz for coach of the year

It is time every Nashville fan admits there mistakes in calling for his head, all he has done is take a team that wasn't supposed to be any good, what they only lost, Kariya, Forsberg, Hartnell, Timonen, Sullivan, Vokoun, did I miss anyone? and put them not only in a battle for a playoff spot but quite realistically a solid shot at home ice advantage. Time to eat crow for all those who called for his head earlier in the year! Congrats Barry on a job that is leaving all hockey critics saying WOW!!!!

HBGamblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGamblers View Post
It is time every Nashville fan admits there mistakes in calling for his head, all he has done is take a team that wasn't supposed to be any good, what they only lost, Kariya, Forsberg, Hartnell, Timonen, Sullivan, Vokoun, did I miss anyone? and put them not only in a battle for a playoff spot but quite realistically a solid shot at home ice advantage. Time to eat crow for all those who called for his head earlier in the year! Congrats Barry on a job that is leaving all hockey critics saying WOW!!!!
I admit it he has done a fabulous job with what's been dealt to him, unreal

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2008, 05:54 PM
dulzhok

I have been a Trotz supporter for the most part, don't get too ahead of yourself. We maybe a couple points from home-ice advantage, but we are also a 3 game losing streak from being out of the playoffs. Also, we have played 2 more games than most of the teams below us.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:36 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I agree more with Dulzhok on this but for a different reason. Call me a hater, but I just don't think our roster is that bad to begin with. Yes, the 'hockey insiders' predicted a terrible season, but this team still has a lot of talent. And the guys we lost (Hartnell, Timonen, Vokoun, Kariya, Forsberg, Sullivan) weren't exactly lighting the world on fire when we needed them the most (down the stretch and in the playoffs).

Hartnell - Mediocre is the best way to describe him. Inconsistent offensively, defensively and physically. You don't want to lose him, but his loss is not staggering.

Timonen - One of the best first 60 game players in the NHL. Very mediocre in the last two months of the season and the playoffs. We've been able to replace his offense on the blueline. Hopefully the replacements show up in the months of March and April.

Vokoun - Good, but hardly great his last two season with Nashville. He's been missed the most, in my opinion, because of our inconsistent goaltending early on.

Sullivan - We haven't had a healthy Sullivan in two years and we still challenged for the league lead in points. So we didn't really lose him from last years team. We lost him well before then.

Kariya - Our second biggest subtraction from last season. We could use his offensive ability on the second line right now. But while a point per game player, his loss isn't what I would call crippling.

Forsberg - Was never able to fully settle in last year. Would be nice to have him, but didn't really consistently make our team a lot better (not exactly his fault).

Combined, we lost a good amount of talent. But we didn't lose a "special" player. Each one, while a nice contributor, was replaceable. Players like Erat, Dumont, Arnott, Ellis have stepped up to fill the void quite admirably (some exceeded their predecessor, others lag behind).

Those hockey insiders know less about Predators hockey than most active contributors to the HF Preds board. They just know the name guys. And they were the guys we lost, regardless of how good those name guys really were (did anyone think losing Hartnell would cripple us?).

Trotz has done a good job coaching this team (especially pulling us out of the early season funk), but only if you believe the preseason hype of last in the division should it be considered an Adams coaching job. And I, for one, didn't.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 02-23-2008 at 09:47 AM.
SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:45 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I've been on Trotz throughout his career but keeping this team focused this year with the circus going on around the team has been a pretty good job.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 11:30 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'll give credit where it's due...but we've never been questioned for our performance in the regular season.

Though...don't we typically fall apart in February? We're holding together pretty well, for now...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 01:57 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I'm just hoping(maybe being naive) that Trotz has somewhat come of age as a coach and can now show us something in the playoffs. This team also has a much better work ethic than the last two teams and that is what will win some games in the postseason.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 04:36 PM
darth5
No!

If Trotz cannot advance with a blue collar team like this in the playoffs, he never will.
That does not mean the new ownership won't re-up him anyway if we flounder, I'm just saying...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 05:40 PM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I'll give credit where it's due...but we've never been questioned for our performance in the regular season.

Though...don't we typically fall apart in February? We're holding together pretty well, for now...
Apparently, we traded our annual February slump to the Flyers. Hopefully, they'll keep it.

preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 07:59 AM
preddevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by preddevil View Post
Apparently, we traded our annual February slump to the Flyers. Hopefully, they'll keep it.
They must have traded it back to us just before the deadline.

preddevil is offline   Reply With Quote