HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 17 Soundtrack

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2016, 12:15 AM
  #101
Virtanen18
SAMCRO
 
Virtanen18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,731
vCash: 50
Holy ****, that Underestimated song is so ****ing cheesy and needs to never be played ever again. Instant mute whenever that trash comes on.

I'm fine with every other song, but man they really should have made an option to turn off select songs.

Virtanen18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2016, 11:47 AM
  #102
scallionjj11
Silly Banana
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtanen18 View Post
Holy ****, that Underestimated song is so ****ing cheesy and needs to never be played ever again. Instant mute whenever that trash comes on.

I'm fine with every other song, but man they really should have made an option to turn off select songs.
How does that one go again??

scallionjj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2016, 10:56 PM
  #103
Virtanen18
SAMCRO
 
Virtanen18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,731
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scallionjj11 View Post
How does that one go again??

Virtanen18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2016, 05:15 AM
  #104
Fishy McScales
Registered User
 
Fishy McScales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: schmocation
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye71980 View Post
I don't know what it is about msg boards that everyone is a dam critic and if it's not exactly what they want, they need to rant about it to total strangers online....lol

FYI they didn't pick the music for 1 person's taste, music is subjective and there are always going to be some songs that annoy some people...

I kinda like the music. Most of the songs are catchy, heck it's menu music, this isn't the Much Music Video Awards (scratch that, their music is worse!!)

It's 100X better than the random sounds we had in NHL 16, at least it's some kind of music...lol
Sorry for digging up an old post, but this is also its curse. You try to please everyone and you end up pleasing no one.

Having said that, I find this soundtrack to be among the worst I've ever heard. For this kind of shotgun approach, you absolutely need to find a bunch of "guilty pleasure" songs that people kinda like despite themselves.

But from this soundtrack there's only about two songs that don't make me flat out cringe.

Fishy McScales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2016, 07:27 PM
  #105
OneManArmy
Registered User
 
OneManArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
It is awful. At least I can change it to some generic theme music. Rather listen to that on repeat.

OneManArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2016, 06:08 PM
  #106
Not Sure
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
It is awful. At least I can change it to some generic theme music. Rather listen to that on repeat.
How do you change it? I end up muting because when I'm in menus at the auction block or whatever it seems like the same 2 or 3 songs over and over.

Just gets annoying. I don't have a problem with any song in particular but the fact that there's so few makes it so much worse. I really don't like basketball but when 2k was free a few months ago I decided to give it a try, and honestly the music was pretty great. A huge mix of songs of every genre, and selectable play lists and album mixes, EA should really take notes. You're never going to make everyone happy so just gives them tons of options and for the love of God don't make it sound like the same song is repeating for an hour when your game modes force people to spend alot of time in menus.

Not Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2016, 07:23 AM
  #107
Fishy McScales
Registered User
 
Fishy McScales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: schmocation
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
How do you change it? I end up muting because when I'm in menus at the auction block or whatever it seems like the same 2 or 3 songs over and over.

Just gets annoying. I don't have a problem with any song in particular but the fact that there's so few makes it so much worse. I really don't like basketball but when 2k was free a few months ago I decided to give it a try, and honestly the music was pretty great. A huge mix of songs of every genre, and selectable play lists and album mixes, EA should really take notes. You're never going to make everyone happy so just gives them tons of options and for the love of God don't make it sound like the same song is repeating for an hour when your game modes force people to spend alot of time in menus.
There's a toggle in the settings.

Fishy McScales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2016, 06:03 PM
  #108
hockey17jp
Lets Go Jackets!
 
hockey17jp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
I miss the relaxing techno beats that were in NHL 2000-2002.

This soundtrack is pretty bad IMO which is a shame, because FIFA always has the best soundtrack year after year.

hockey17jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2017, 02:53 AM
  #109
Zanon
Registered User
 
Zanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Nothing. And I mean NOTHING will ever beat starting up NHL 09 to this song. Goosebumps every time.


Zanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2017, 03:15 AM
  #110
GAMO1992
Boop!
 
GAMO1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,992
vCash: 500
honestly there are a couple songs I don't mind on this track.
have we so easily forgotten NHL 15's horrid soundrack?
its not TERRIBLE. and its certainly hands down 10000000X better than the crappy generic menu music we were given in 15/16, better than old gens crappy sound track too
fyi Spotify/USB Media Player works while youre playing so you can just mute the menus music and play your own?

GAMO1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 06:08 PM
  #111
PuckyOhare
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
To be honest I spend so much time creating teams that the music drives me nuts so I just turn it all off. I would love to see NHL 18 feature some new tracks from Blink 182.

PuckyOhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 03:04 PM
  #112
Igor Shestyorkin
Elite Russian Squad
 
Igor Shestyorkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mother Russia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,522
vCash: 500
This soundtrack stinks, they need to go back to the old ones.

Igor Shestyorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.