HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Boone Jenner

Old
01-10-2017, 08:45 PM
CreeksideStrangler

vCash: 500
Jenner is David Clarkson 2.0.

lol at the leaf fans offering Kadri or JVR.

Glad they are not GMs

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 09:03 PM
JoeyDangles19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyp24 View Post
Honestly if the trade meant Gavrikov came over and played I'm behind it. I agree Boone no longer fits our style and JVR would be more productive but is it worth the cost and chemistry?
Quote:
I know but I am extremely for this guy playing for us haha. I'm like tulip with Nutivaara here. But honestly I'm torn between wanting to trade him because his value and he is the only piece I see not fitting and being able to upgrade and being afraid to fix what ain't broke and thinking that trading Jenner could mess with chemistry.
I'm curious, what chemistry are you seeing that is influenced by Jenner? It's not like he's carrying his linemates...

Saad Panda put it perfectly in another thread how Jenner simply doesn't fit the team's style anymore. He definitely has value league-wide, as I'm sure there are 29 other GMs that would be calling Jarmo asking what his price is should he become available.

JoeyDangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 09:26 PM
mikeyp24

The guy wears an A for a reason. It's locker room chemistry not on ice chemistry. We have 6 other guys who can carry that A just as well but I can't see torts putting that on a guy who isn't important to the guys. Especially if JMFJ isn't wearing one and he says how important he is to the club.

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

In theory, the notion of selling high has a certain appeal, if all factors ultimately served asset management concerns.

In practice, you don't **** with happy. Columbus is happy.

The goal isn't to squeeze out the most value for each asset, but to win. As long as Columbus is winning, they are unlikely to mess with a working formula.

Beyond that, history suggests Jarmo does not tend to tinker a great deal.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:25 AM
BlueJacketsFan4Life

Quote:
The guy wears an A for a reason. It's locker room chemistry not on ice chemistry. We have 6 other guys who can carry that A just as well but I can't see torts putting that on a guy who isn't important to the guys. Especially if JMFJ isn't wearing one and he says how important he is to the club.
counterpoint:

Jarod Boll wore the A for a few years in Columbus

BlueJacketsFan4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:35 AM
strictlyrandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDangles19 View Post
Wait what? The kid was just drafted, there's no chance he has this kind of value. I'd do Jenner+Bjorkstrand for him, but Murray won't be moved for a winger.

Count me in, too. This seems like a pretty well received trade idea on both sides.

I'll put my thoughts in bold:
Avs are not adding Bigras or Zadorov to any deal that involves Duchene or Landeskog unless a top pairing d with potential to be an elite #1 is coming back.

Jackets have to add (significantly) to Jenner to even get Duchene or Landeskog as is.

strictlyrandy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 10:37 AM
iBELEAF

I like Jenner but he hasn't shown consistency to get JVR in 1 for 1 trade. Last 5 years JVR is averaging 55-60 point season. Jenner is protecting to get ~24 points on a stacked Columbus team.

iBELEAF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Gavy

Ya, I did a bit more research on Jenner and I wouldn't be up for a 1 for 1 trade for JVR. I'd still love to have him

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBELEAF View Post
I like Jenner but he hasn't shown consistency to get JVR in 1 for 1 trade. Last 5 years JVR is averaging 55-60 point season. Jenner is protecting to get ~24 points on a stacked Columbus team.
I'd like to take a moment and bask in the glow of Columbus being a stacked team

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 04:32 PM
TorontoTrades

Quote:
majority of this thread has a good D-Prospect coming back with Jenner.

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 04:56 PM
JoeyDangles19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
In theory, the notion of selling high has a certain appeal, if all factors ultimately served asset management concerns.

In practice, you don't **** with happy. Columbus is happy.

The goal isn't to squeeze out the most value for each asset, but to win. As long as Columbus is winning, they are unlikely to mess with a working formula.

Actually, history does show that Jarmo does indeed tinker a great deal no matter the team's outlook. Look at the amount of roster turnover that has occurred over the past 4 years.

Remember that time he traded for Marian Gaborik, too?

Or that time he traded away Gaborik?

Or that time he acquired Brandon Saad?

Or that time he swapped a bonafide 1C for a future 1D?

JoeyDangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Saad Panda

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
Ya, I did a bit more research on Jenner and I wouldn't be up for a 1 for 1 trade for JVR. I'd still love to have him
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoTrades View Post
majority of this thread has a good D-Prospect coming back with Jenner.
As pointed out, Gabriel Carlsson (a recent first round pick) has been included in the deal. And ponder the fact that Jenner's value is at an all-time low – someone would have been laughed off the board if they had proposed this not too long ago. He was basically off-limits over the summer. Still the same player he was, just a square peg in a round hole.

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2017, 04:06 AM
mikeyp24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post

The guy who got:
Saad, Hartnell, Karlson, and Jones

For

Anisimov, Dano, Umberger, Wiz, and Johansen

Our team would have looked so much better if he tinkered deals like other GMs...

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote