Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From A Leaf Fan

Old
02-23-2008, 03:22 AM
AhSurre

vCash: 500
From A Leaf Fan

Now that the time has come in Leaf land to say goodbye to our beloved and sometimes under appreciated captain. I really hope The Flames step up and make the right deal to acquire Mats Sundin. Just the thought of seeing him play with Iginla in the playoffs is exciting to alot of Leaf fans I know. It would remind me of the days of Mats and Gary Roberts except Iginla is clearly much better than Roberts was when he played with Mats on the Leafs in the latter stages of his career.

The Canucks and Red Wings are soft and I really don't wanna see Mats go to either of those teams.

The Senators no way in hell and Mats would never waive his no trade to play there

The Ducks I don't know how he'd fit in as a 2nd line centre with lazy washed up Bertuzzi and Selanne who is a different type of player, maybe not as well suited to play with a Sundin

If he goes to the Sharks who will he play with? Seriously, they have no scorers at all

I hope it's you flames! I hope you get Mats and if you do alot of Toronto will be cheering you on this spring just like we were in 2004

AhSurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 06:32 AM
ForeignFlame

To be honest, I can't see the Flames trading for Mats Sundin.

I don't think Sutter would be willing to give up what it would take to get him. Also, there would be next to no chance of re-signing him in the summer. Sutter, if he makes any deals, will likely make them with the long term in mind, as well as the upcoming stretch drive and playoffs (assuming the Flames are there).

ForeignFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 07:52 AM
AhSurre

Who knows for sure what Sutter is willing to do but I can say this, it wouldn't be the first time a team mortgaged some of their future for a chance to win now.

What do you think of this:

To Calgary: Mats Sundin, 5th Round Pick 09

To Toronto: Matthew Lombardi, Dustin Boyd, 1st Round Pick 08, 3rd Round Pick 09

Something like that anyway, maybe not Boyd, for sure not Backlund, but possibly another prospect that has some kinda clout... Just throwing out a theory, truthfully I doubt he goes to the Flames but I think it is the place he fits the most

Old
02-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Grannys

Well it wont happen cause Mats is reported as not willing to waive his NTC.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhSurre View Post

No way I wanna loose our 1st rounder to someone whos only going to be here for a few months and then run back to Toronto.

Old
02-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
No way I wanna loose our 1st rounder to someone whos only going to be here for a few months and then run back to Toronto.
It would make the Flames automatically contenders.Him centering Iginla would be devastating IMO,as Calgary has currently a roster good enough to win a playoff round.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 03:34 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by The President View Post
It would make the Flames automatically contenders.Him centering Iginla would be devastating IMO,as Calgary has currently a roster good enough to win a playoff round.
Just a first for a rental of Sundin? I'd do it but, even in the event that he is waiving his no-trade clause, that won't be enough to land him. Especially if Toronto thinks Calgary will be getting a 20th-30th overall pick.

Boyd and Lombardi together are too much, the Flames cannot sacrifice the few future players they have for a rental, no matter what any outsiders think it'll do for our chances.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 03:53 PM
AhSurre

Isn't Lombardi considered a bust by now. A third line centre at best. Regardless it's pointless now because it looks like Sundin and the rest of the residence of The Toronto Maple Leaf retirement sanctuary have decided they'd rather stay on the leafs for the early summer than try to win the stanley cup. No wonder The Leafs went no where this season

Old
02-23-2008, 03:58 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Who knows for sure what Sutter is willing to do but I can say this, it wouldn't be the first time a team mortgaged some of their future for a chance to win now.

What do you think of this:

Something like that anyway, maybe not Boyd, for sure not Backlund, but possibly another prospect that has some kinda clout... Just throwing out a theory, truthfully I doubt he goes to the Flames but I think it is the place he fits the most
So lets say we make this trade, and then both Sundin and Langkow walk in the summer. Who plays center for us next year?? Listen I like Conroy as a character guy, but his top 6 days are fading fast. This deal makes no sense for Calgary, and I sure as heck don't want to give up that for just a rental.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Grannys

Quote:
Isn't Lombardi considered a bust by now. A third line centre at best.
Not untill he gets some proper time on the 1st or 2nd line, then we will be able to tell...