HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Higgins back?

Old
02-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Soulja boy is Higgins' problem

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:02 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
I wanted to continue the Soulja Boi fad but not enough people here saw the new "Know your habs" video yet to understand.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
Why do you bother posting?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:05 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
So let's recap, since about an year, you've been saying that people here are calling you names and that you have links to proove it, am I correct ?
Come back with some arguments and then, answer me.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:06 AM
shredder11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
I agree. Good assessment.
NAIL HIT ON THE HEAD

shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:06 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreiMMermlik View Post
Come back with some arguments and then, answer me.
Just answer my question, yes or no ?

Old
02-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
He certainly looks to be playing with no confidence.

I hate to say it, but it might be time he watched a game or 2 from the press box.

Since when is time in the press box good for confidence?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:07 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Just answer my question, yes or no ?
no...

Old
02-24-2008, 12:08 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
no...
Didn't you say that people were calling you names since about a year because you were saying that Higgins is not that good ?

EDIT:

Quote:
Seriously guys, mark my words. I've been saying for about 1 year now that this player is nothing so special. I was called crazy, ignorant, stupid, and a whole lot bunch of other names by my fellow Habs fans. I even have the link(s) to prove it.

Old
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
snakeye

As I said in the passed, he'll either be a good first liner or second liner, or a damn good third liner. I actually wouldn't mind one bit if he ended up on the third line next to Chipchura. Imagine that line in 2-3 years, playing against the opposing team's scoring line and PP.

Damn a lot of "lines" in that sentence.

Line.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Didn't you say that people were calling you names since about a year because you were saying that Higgins is not that good ?

EDIT:
hell, what's your problem... I'm saying that I've been writing for a year that Higgins is nothing extraordinary, and that he's overrated. I've also been saying in that same year that Gainey should trade Higgins before he loses all his value, which could even drop, IMO, to Ryder's value's level.

People, in that same year, have been calling me crazy and told me that I knew nothing about hockey. I've been sticking to my initial idea despite that, and now, we see who the bandwagon fans really are.

Is that clear enough now?

Old
02-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Erika

But but, He was suppose to be a 40-40=80 points guy !!

hahhaa, I mean come on, he looks more like a Jan Bulis than anything else...

Seriously, this guy is inconsistent as hell and people that claimed he'll be the next captain of this team are making me laugh big time !! . How many time a Higgin's thread has been up since January ?! 10 at least ?!

I said it before and I will repeat it again, this guy will be no more than a good 3rd liner, poor 2nd liner !! He was overrated all along, nothing more. Higgins thought of himself as a 40 goals scorer...

The fact that he starts to realise that he's nothing more than a good grinder is affecting him... I mean he doesn't create anything offensively and looks like a headless chicken out there !!

His lack of offensive vision and his stone hands will handicap his production numbers... If we can package him in a deal that will bring us an Impact player, I will not hesitate a second

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:21 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post

Seriously, this guy is inconsistent as hell and people that claimed he'll be the next captain of this team are making me laugh big time !! . How many time a Higgin's thread has been up since January ?! 10 at least ?!

I said it before and I will repeat it again, this guy will be no more than a good 3rd liner, poor 2nd liner !! He was overrated all along, nothing more. Higgins thought of himself as a 40 goals scorer...

The fact that he starts to realise that he's nothing more than a good grinder is affecting him... I mean he doesn't create anything offensively and looks like a headless chicken out there !!

His lack of offensive vision and his stone hands will handicap his production numbers... If we can package him in a deal that will bring us an Impact player, I will not hesitate a second
wow! First people here who shares my opinion! Thanks dude.

Old
02-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:

Listen you are as bad as the people claiming him to be a 40/40 guy don't think you will come out of this unscathed. I am very disapointed in him too but this doesn't give you vultures the right to come bash him as such. I will add one thing though I wish he was more ballsy and stop wearing that innocent smile on his face. I want him to get pissed off and take charge. He's with friends right now and the atmosphere seems a bit too coasy for him.

Old
02-24-2008, 12:26 AM
TheGoalJudge

It's tough to maintain that work rate all year. Let's be real, when Higgins was going good in the beginning of the season he WAS a beast. But it has to be impossible to keep up that work rate along the boards for the entire year.

Add that to the fact that he doesn't have ELITE shooting/passing skills or vision and you can see why he's in a slump.

Look at Andrei Kostitsyn. His skills are better than Higgins' and because of this he's able to remain consistent with his point production. His game isn't based off tremendous hustle, which is impossible to maintain.

Higgins needs to develop better vision and passing skills, work more efficiently, and only go gang busters when he needs to.

Going 100MPH every shift isn't as great as it seems. Sometimes a well placed pass can work better than 5 minutes of monstrous cycling behind your opponent's net.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:27 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
wow! First people here who shares my opinion! Thanks dude.
You can look back to the summer of 2006 to see what I was saying about him.. Back then people were shoe-ing him in as a top-6 player and I wanted to see a 50 point season before counting on him for anything more than the 3rd line and the PK (forget the PP). I was called names, obviously... but I take satisfaction in being proven right. Again.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
You can look back to the summer of 2006 to see what I was saying about him.. Back then people were shoe-ing him in as a top-6 player and I wanted to see a 50 point season before counting on him for anything more than the 3rd line and the PK (forget the PP). I was called names, obviously... but I take satisfaction in being proven right. Again.
You are just masturbating to the fact that he is struggling right now. What a fan you are, mr Big Timer. Just because you were called names doesnt mean you are right, and neither are they, everyone has an opinion and standards for a player might not match. But this is just low right now as to revel in the fact that one of our brightest prospect is struggling. Obviously the best PLAYER in the second half of the season two years ago means nothing to your ignorant behind.

Old
02-24-2008, 12:33 AM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

A lot of opinions in this thread and I might cover some with my own but I'll try to offer as big of an unbiased opinion as I can.

Higgins, like many young players needs to find consistancy. I don't really agree with his 40 goal prediction or his calling out of Habs fans for their opinions on Carey Price. That being said, he's displayed in the past his excellent skill with a puck. While he hasn't put up many numbers lately, I think he might be injured. One thing is certain though - he doesn't have focus right now. Benching or AHL is not the way to bring back this focus. He has to find it on his own. Remember, when a player is distracted and down like Higgins obviously is right now, sometimes the press box can have an opposite effect then intended. In reality, he'll probably have three 20 goal seasons in his first few seasons. That's great out of him I think and I'm not too worried about his production/slump. Many young players lack consistancy and they don't find it until they're older. Higgins is still pretty young, and has a lot of time left to develop his game. I'd like to refer to Plekanec and Komisarek, two players coming into their breakout years this year, and remind you, Higgins is younger then them, and probably hasn't reached his breakout year yet. Give him a few more seasons and (at least by my prediction) he will show you what we hoped to see from him all along.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderAllNight View Post
A lot of opinions in this thread and I might cover some with my own but I'll try to offer as big of an unbiased opinion as I can.

Higgins, like many young players needs to find consistancy. I don't really agree with his 40 goal prediction or his calling out of Habs fans for their opinions on Carey Price. That being said, he's displayed in the past his excellent skill with a puck. While he hasn't put up many numbers lately, I think he might be injured. One thing is certain though - he doesn't have focus right now. Benching or AHL is not the way to bring back this focus. He has to find it on his own. Remember, when a player is distracted and down like Higgins obviously is right now, sometimes the press box can have an opposite effect then intended. In reality, he'll probably have three 20 goal seasons in his first few seasons. That's great out of him I think and I'm not too worried about his production/slump. Many young players lack consistancy and they don't find it until they're older. Higgins is still pretty young, and has a lot of time left to develop his game. I'd like to refer to Plekanec and Komisarek, two players coming into their breakout years this year, and remind you, Higgins is younger then them, and probably hasn't reached his breakout year yet. Give him a few more seasons and (at least by my prediction) he will show you what we hoped to see from him all along.
If he is hurt, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give him some rest because he's not all that effective right now.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:37 AM
otto bond

Quote:
I wanted to continue the Soulja Boi fad but not enough people here saw the new "Know your habs" video yet to understand.
I see from a couple of you reply tonight that you are down cause the Habs lost.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderAllNight View Post

It might help to bench him for a game. He hasn't had that kind of treatment since he was green as grass so it will come as a shocker to him right now, esp. right before the playoff drive where we will need him. Look for Latendresse to come back in force right now.

Old
02-24-2008, 12:40 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
You are just masturbating to the fact that he is struggling right now. What a fan you are, mr Big Timer. Just because you were called names doesnt mean you are right, and neither are they, everyone has an opinion and standards for a player might not match. But this is just low right now as to revel in the fact that one of our brightest prospect is struggling. Obviously the best PLAYER in the second half of the season two years ago means nothing to your ignorant behind.
He's not struggling... this is the player he is.

Limited vision... willing to take a hit to make a play but once he takes the hit his lack of natural ability prevents him from being able to make that play.

He's a great 3rd liner and PKer. Those who believe he's a 65-75 point guy are dreaming in Blu-Ray.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:41 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
In that league, past doesn't count... present and future does. Who cares about his 30 games hot streak now? He was right, I was right, and even if I'd like to see him produce more (I would really enjoy to have being wrong on this case), this is great to see the people who called you stupid tell the same thing that you did a couple of months earlier...

Old
02-24-2008, 12:41 AM
znk

Quote:

I dont know how anyone who sees Higgins play in the last few weeks can even compare him to Bulis. Higgins is invisible...He's not even getting scoring chances right now. You know when he wasnt scoring early this season that analogy wasnt so bad but right now I dont see it....I just dont.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:45 AM
znk

Quote:
In that league, past doesn't count... present and future does. Who cares about his 30 games hot streak now? He was right, I was right, and even if I'd like to see him produce more (I would really enjoy to have being wrong on this case), this is great to see the people who called you stupid tell the same thing that you did a couple of months earlier...
I still think you guys are way off. I'd rather stick with the organization on this one. They thought he was who most of us thought he was and that he was ready for the A. I thought he was a 30 goal scorer....but right now it's the least of my concerns. If it was only his point production the problem I might be on your side but it's not. It's his complete game that has dropped...and that to me is the real issue.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote