When does the pain

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
it never goes away...its like losing your first love..you deal with it..but when its brought yup...you get a sinking feeling in your stomach...
And when the Montreal-Tampa series starts up, it will be like running into your first love with her new boyfriend. For me, that is when it will get harder. By the time the Stanley Cup rolls around, I'll be thinking "Man, the Bruins haven't been playing for like a month." That is the toughest part, there's a lot of hockey left to be played.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:03 PM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
And when the Montreal-Tampa series starts up, it will be like running into your first love with her new boyfriend. For me, that is when it will get harder. By the time the Stanley Cup rolls around, I'll be thinking "Man, the Bruins haven't been playing for like a month." That is the toughest part, there's a lot of hockey left to be played.
or when you realize that today is april 21st, and that the world cup starts sometime in august

i suggest that anyone with some extra time and money on their hands: head down to raleigh for the draft. should be a fun time!

Old
04-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
I will never extend my hand to any of their fans...
My life has no longer meaning.

Old
04-22-2004, 07:50 PM
RI.B FAN

Every years' ending feels different. This year feels especially painfull. Somehow I was not shocked. That too bothers me. Many years of pain but Ill be back for more

Old
04-22-2004, 08:07 PM
JimmyV

Send a message via AIM to JimmyV
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I am still feeling the inverse of your unhappiness, I admit. Still, you guys (on these boards) were great and much more humourous and nice than what I'm expecting from the TB series.

p.s. Johnny, there's a box of vachon's still waiting for you up here...
I have to say....it is nice to have so many fans like myself. Misery loves company.

Next year if there is a next year...I think it might all come together here in Boston.

Keep the faith!

Old
04-22-2004, 08:13 PM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
it never goes away...its like losing your first love..you deal with it..but when its brought yup...you get a sinking feeling in your stomach...

so true.... I seem to be holding up.......... until I think about it, then I wallow in self pity, but I'm sleeping like a baby lately.

I wake up every two hours crying.

Old
04-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
After the debacle that was game 7 in New York for the Red Sox I couldn't even look at the TV for so long because everything was the Sox/Yanks over the next couple of days. My heart was broken and I thought I would never get over the pain. Of course it didn't help at all that I never faced up to source of my anguish directly. Eventually I got over it but it took a while.

This time around it hurt real bad when the final buzzer sounded in the Fleetcenter. First there was just the absolute emptiness, than on the drive home I was pretty overwhelmed with emotion. I kind of yelled and screamed and then I did something that shocked even me. I let out a few tears. Maybe its not the "manly" thing to do but I have to admit it was tremendously cathardic. I kind of got it all out at once and I'm over it now.

My advice face up to it directly and you'll be able to move past it a lot quicker.

Old
04-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
The pain will never end for me, it goes back to the too many men on the ice call. I will never extend my hand to any of their fans...

Maybe if Sully gave St RAYCROFT a rest and used potvin in game 5 we might have buried them ?

I will never rest until the cup stops here and when I finally pass on
I will send my kids and every living relative to haunt their board.

VIVA LA BOLTS
I will send my kids and every living relative to haunt their board.

Oh my God! Johnny V has kids!

Little Johnny v's. We're destined for at least one more generation of Vachon Cakes jokes on the Hab's board.

Old
04-23-2004, 12:04 AM
DFENS44

pain, it fades, but like a scar, it remains...

Honestly, this didn't hurt as much as the Sox losing Game 7 did. When the Sox lost game 7, it felt like someone had reached in and pulled out my soul. I was left an empty shell.

Having seen game 6 in Montreal, and even before game 6 I said that a game 7 was not going to be won by the Bruins. They did not have "it", they had lost "it", and I did not see them getting "it" back. They got outplayed because Montreal wanted it more, plain and simple. Not enough of the Bruins showed up to play consistently to win the series. Forget Joe, Forget Razor, many other folks didn't do their part. It was a collective failure in a series.

You know what hurts the most? NOT being able to blame Jacobs and MOC for NOT going out and getting the right people. They got the people, the people just didn't get it done. This one's on the players, and maybe a touch on SUllivan as well, but mostly on the team.

Old
04-23-2004, 07:51 AM
StanleyCH25

Although the Habs are still going strong, I do know what you guys are feeling. My second love (the Sens) got eliminated by the Leafs again and it still hurts to wake up every morning knowing that they won't be playing for a few months. I think the biggest reason for the pain is the rivalry and the second biggest reason is feeling like you were the favorite. If you're the underdog, as Montreal is currently, losing a series is almost expected and the pain of elimination isn't quite as big. When you're the favorite (Sens are going to win the Cup, right Alfredsson?), then it hurts that much more to be eliminated in the first round by your biggest rivals. And knowing that Montreal / Boston have such a history, I imagine the pain must be very similar.

Just curious.. which team are you guys cheering for now that your team is eliminated? Do you cheer for Tampa as heavily as I cheer for Philly? (never thought I'd cheer for Philly in the playoffs but I hate the Leafs so much that I just want to ensure they stay in the lead for most years without a Stanley Cup).

Old
04-23-2004, 07:55 AM
HockeyGoddess

I'm cheering for the Flyers, Lightning, and Flames. I like both the Sharks and the Avs, so I'll be happy with whichever of those two teams wins that series.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-23-2004, 08:40 AM
BruinsGirl

I don't really like Lightning so I don't cheer for them.

I guess it's Flyers (remind me of my B's), Sharks and Calgary.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:17 AM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
I'll be cheering for the Lightning for three reasons:

1. They're playing the Habs
2. I have Modin, Richards and Boyle in my hockey pool
3. Brad Richards is from my home province

I'd love to see Calgary or San Jose come out of the west too. We've seen more than enough of Detroit and Colorado the last 8 or 9 years.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:29 AM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pei_bruins
I'll be cheering for the Lightning for three reasons:

1. They're playing the Habs
2. I have Modin, Richards and Boyle in my hockey pool
3. Brad Richards is from my home province

I'd love to see Calgary or San Jose come out of the west too. We've seen more than enough of Detroit and Colorado the last 8 or 9 years.
I only need one reason to root for the Lightning.

They are playing the Habs!!

Old
04-23-2004, 09:42 AM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
My life has no longer meaning.

Hey Dutchy, stop it. you know I love you, Bud the Spuds and Mcphee

3 of the classiest HAB FANS around ...

Closed Thread