HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: BUF/ TB

Old
02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
LamborGREENie

vCash: 500
Proposal: BUF/ TB

To Buffalo:

C Brad Richards
Conditional 3rd Round Pick if Campbell re-signs

To Tampa Bay:

D Brian Campbell
2nd Round Pick

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThing24 View Post
To Buffalo:

C Brad Richards

To Tampa Bay:

D Brian Campbell
2nd Round Pick
Ummm why in the hell would we trade Richards for an UFA dman when we already have one of those we still need to sign?

Dumbest thing ever.

Idealsupra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 11:18 AM
BritSabre

As much as our fans want Richards, there's no way management would let us get him when it refused to pay integral members of the team for less than Richards' contract.

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 11:52 AM
krt88

Send a message via AIM to krt88
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThing24 View Post
To Buffalo:

C Brad Richards

To Tampa Bay:

D Brian Campbell
2nd Round Pick
Tampa already has an UFA defensemen they'd like to resign in Boyle. Why would they want the headache of dealing with Campbell?

Richards for Stafford and Max plus a pick would seem like something more in lines of a starting point. However, I am not sure how Sabres fans would welcome spending 7.8 million on someones elses guy when we refused to spend big $$$ on our guys in the past.

krt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt88 View Post
Tampa already has an UFA defensemen they'd like to resign in Boyle. Why would they want the headache of dealing with Campbell?

Richards for Stafford and Max plus a pick would seem like something more in lines of a starting point. However, I am not sure how Sabres fans would welcome spending 7.8 million on someones elses guy when we refused to spend big $$$ on our guys in the past.
the thing is, Richards is a better player than Campbell if you could ever compare them, and given the need for a no.1 centre I would be happy to take him, even with his contract.

In the main TSN/Richards thread, I actually proposed something like Max and Stafford for Richards.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 12:49 PM
JPurp26

I wouldn't do Stafford for Richards straight up. Richards has a high contract and his value is pretty low right now. Sure I think he would flourish in Buffalo with Vanek and Stafford. How about Kotalik, MacArthur,Zagrapan,Gragnani, 2nd round pick for Richards and Smaby

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Yeah, uh, quantity over quality isn't really what TB would be looking to get back.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 01:20 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
Yeah, uh, quantity over quality isn't really what TB would be looking to get back.
They 3 get three prospects 1 a top 15 draft pick one a young roster player and the other in the A having a decent season Plus getting Kotalik a 3 million dollar winger signed for next season whos got an insane shot and a decent for checker they would kind of get a "modin" back. And a 2nd round pick in a deep draft while managing to clear 8 million off there pay book for the next 3 years. Richards is over valued on these boards.

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
yeah. any package Buffalo offers has to include Stafford and another good roster player (Afinogenov, Kotalik etc.)

however Sabrefan126 does have a point, Richards is sometimes overvalued when I see some TB fans talk about his trade value. With his contract and current play, he is not as valuable as say, Hossa or Jokinen would be in a trade.

Old
02-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Richards is a touchy subject. Two seasons ago, according to people on this very website, Richards should have been the guy in TB. Lecavalier wasn't nearly as important as Richards.

Now Richards had two subpar seasons (he's playing with guys like Hlavac, Ouellet, Ward. Not exactly capable scoring liners in the NHL) and people act like they wouldn't give up their 7th defenseman for him. It's just a little funny how much the "what have you done for me lately" mindset is at work when it comes to Richards.

You put him with LEGIT second line/first line wingers, and he's right back to where he was 2 seasons ago.

Yeah, his contract is high and it looks even worse when paired with his production, but if someone trades for him and has the pieces to go along with him, some team is going to get one hell of a player.

It's going to take more than a teams castoff players to land Brad Richards, regardless of what his production is.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 03:01 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

if Buffalo isnt going to pay Campbell 6+ a season why would they trade for someone making 7+ for another 3 seasons?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
if Buffalo isnt going to pay Campbell 6+ a season why would they trade for someone making 7+ for another 3 seasons?
For the simple reason that Brian Campbell isn't a complete player. He's great on the rush, good offensively but its another story in his own zone.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
For the simple reason that Brian Campbell isn't a complete player. He's great on the rush, good offensively but its another story in his own zone.
We already have one of those. Thanks but no thanks.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin View Post
however Sabrefan126 does have a point, Richards is sometimes overvalued when I see some TB fans talk about his trade value. With his contract and current play, he is not as valuable as say, Hossa or Jokinen would be in a trade.
don't recall anyone saying he was. judging from the amount of stuff being written about him, i'd guess richards is generating plenty of interest even if you think he's overrated.

excuse us for not falling all over bad offers

02-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Dabs21Nike

I can't see the Lightning being interested in Campbell because they already have Boyle. Its rumored that Boyle is pretty close to re-signing a big deal, so Richards is most likely gone. If the Sabres were going to get Richards, I think they would have to trade Campbell first for picks/prospects or keep him and try to make a run this year.

I know it's very doubtbul and would never happen, but in my perfect world the Sabres could trade Campbell to San Jose for Carle and Setoguchi and then trade Stafford, Afinogenov, Zagrapan, another prospect (Gragnani maybe?) and a 1st to Tampa Bay for Richards.

Vanek-Roy-Connolly
Hecht-Richards-Pominville
MacArthur-Gaustad-Kotalik
Ryan-Mair-Kaleta

*Setoguchi could fill in on the top line when Connolly inevitably gets hurt*

Dabs21Nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 11:29 AM
XweekendwarriorX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
And Richards is? he had one greatseason on the Bolts run to the cup pre lockout, and after that he has done nothing great to justify his huge contract. he maybe good inside the circle but ill keep campbell before i trade him for richards ands some picks.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
don't recall anyone saying he was. judging from the amount of stuff being written about him, i'd guess richards is generating plenty of interest even if you think he's overrated.

excuse us for not falling all over bad offers
when did I say he was over rated? he's one of my favourite non Sabre players. What I said was that TB fans over value him, and your post is further proof of that.

Just because there are a lot of forum posts about him, really, that won't help increase his value. As good a player as he is, GM's know Tampa are in a tight spot, and his contract isn't exactly attractive.

if you think 'bad offers' are some of the ones i've seen posted which include top prospects, 1st round picks, and legitimate roster players, then my point is further proven, because there is no way Richards fetches more than that. And no offence, you are crazy if you think he will... what are you expecting, some sort of Lindros type package?