HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schedule Change Idea

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2008, 04:56 PM
  #1
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Schedule Change Idea

To add to the excitement the night before the trading deadline I think all teams should be playing...this also means the trade deadline should probably be moved to a Sunday (or a Monday). Just imagine how many players could potentially be scratched on that night and the amount of talk going on...

I also think that teams should not have games the day of the trade deadline to allow players time to get to their new teams...If Montreal gets Hossa it just happens to be good timing that they play each other

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
  #2
badfish
Habs fan in SK
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,804
vCash: 500
I've been thinking... if hypothetically we trade a roster player for Hossa tomorrow night... wouldn't it be really akward for the players having to play against their former team that night? And the fans too, especially if it's a fan favorite or good young guy that gets dealt.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:13 PM
  #3
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderAllNight View Post
I've been thinking... if hypothetically we trade a roster player for Hossa tomorrow night... wouldn't it be really akward for the players having to play against their former team that night? And the fans too, especially if it's a fan favorite or good young guy that gets dealt.
We joked about that in the chatroom. If Hossa accidentally passed to Kovalchuk and it costed us a goal, I'd forgive him

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:24 PM
  #4
antoniojr
Registered User
 
antoniojr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
We joked about that in the chatroom. If Hossa accidentally passed to Kovalchuk and it costed us a goal, I'd forgive him

then i'd LOL

antoniojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:26 PM
  #5
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 612
I bet those two players would be the best on the ice that night, trying to prove something to their former teams.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:27 PM
  #6
Pedro McGuire*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
To add to the excitement the night before the trading deadline I think all teams should be playing...this also means the trade deadline should probably be moved to a Sunday (or a Monday). Just imagine how many players could potentially be scratched on that night and the amount of talk going on...

I also think that teams should not have games the day of the trade deadline to allow players time to get to their new teams...If Montreal gets Hossa it just happens to be good timing that they play each other
I cant even imagine how that would work if Hossa somehow got traded to montreal tommorow. I would even say that IF it was to happen I dont think he would play tommorow night for either teams.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
  #7
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gob Bainey View Post
I cant even imagine how that would work if Hossa somehow got traded to montreal tommorow. I would even say that IF it was to happen I dont think he would play tommorow night for either teams.
He's already in the city, why wouldn't he play for them?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
  #8
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He's already in the city, why wouldn't he play for them?
If Gainey Promised the Atlanta GM that he wouldnt play him...i guess they would have to come up with an injury excuse

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
  #9
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
We joked about that in the chatroom. If Hossa accidentally passed to Kovalchuk and it costed us a goal, I'd forgive him
what is Kovalchuk accidentally passed to Hossa who scored a goal?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:34 PM
  #10
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
what is Kovalchuk accidentally passed to Hossa who scored a goal?
Does Kovalchuk pass?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.