HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pyatt for Ryder Proposal

Old
02-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Squeaky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Read the proposal...a conditonal 2nd pick IF Ryder does not resign. Giving up a 2nd rounder for Pyatt (and allowing us to rent Ryder for 2 1/2 months) is decent value - especially considering a) your coach hates him and won't play him and b) you will lose him for nothing this summer
Buh? Our coach hates Ryder and won't play him? He's still getting top-6 forward icetime. He started the year on the first line, and has been given a number of chances to produce on Koivu's wing (which granted, is the 2nd line now)

I disagree that giving up a 2nd rounder for Pyatt is decent value, nevermind Ryder being involved. I'd rather just trade Ryder for a pick than make this trade straight up, with the conditional pick in there, I'd rather give Ryder away for nothing.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Marchy79

Pyatt is definately not worth Ryder straight up... Furthermore, we had his clone inmKilger, and shipped HIM off for free...

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 04:57 PM
HotPie

Uh no. I'd rather keep Ryder for a playoff run and lose him in free agency than trade him for Pyatt.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:05 PM
nilan30

I don't want to lose Ryder but I don't think you guys are giving Pyatt a fair shake. Even though he doesn't do it often, he's not afraid to do this, which we could use more of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CM9xmkProM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hOO...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUEh-...eature=related
(30 sec mark

and most importantly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUEh-...eature=related

Also TKO'd Steve Montador and Bob Boughner

And he can chip in with some points and go in front of the net on the PP

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Gainey has stated he is NOT looking for a sideways move and this is one of them at best.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Read the proposal...a conditonal 2nd pick IF Ryder does not resign. Giving up a 2nd rounder for Pyatt (and allowing us to rent Ryder for 2 1/2 months) is decent value - especially considering a) your coach hates him and won't play him and b) you will lose him for nothing this summer

Contrary to many responses to the offer, I actually think it's pretty decent return when considering your above justifications.

However, I honestly feel that Ryder's best value to the club is by sticking around and potting about 5-10 more goals the rest of the way. We will lose him for nothing, but we have more than enough guys ready to step in and take that spot.

Decent offer though, but I would have to pass if I was Gainey.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Stephen Locke*

Useless overpayment from MTL'side,Ryder for Pyatt might be at least considered but the additional 2nd pick makes it unacceptable for such an overrated and soft player.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote