HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhail Grabovski ON FIRE again

Old
02-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Form and Substance

vCash: 500
Woah there calm down Ozzy, I wasn't making any comparisons to Balej.

Someone asked if they'd ever seen a hab prospect dominate the AHL, to which I replied Jason Ward, who won the MVP award in 2003.
Then you claimed he never dominated to the extent Grabo has, to which I replied that Grabo's done it over a 6 game stretch. And the fact remains, it is a 6 game stretch. I'm sure a lot of lesser players have done well in a span of 6 games. 6 games. 6 games.

There's no doubt in my mind Grabo's a talented player, and I hope he makes it, if not with us then with another team. And yes Balej was just as good as Grabo in his 2nd AHL year.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Avim86

He did it again 2 goals last game I guarantee Waddell will ask for him , ryder , first. Grabovski is tearing up the ahl and he is obviously nhl ready , much better then dandenault , kostopolous and slowinski there is no good reason why the habs havn't called him up yet. I find that not many teams have all the requirements to be in the Hossa sweeps , you need 3 major things : prospect depth , salary cap and a playoff worthy team. Higgins , grabovski and a 1st is too much too pay for Hossa (just because he got traded for Heatley does not mean we have to give Heatley's value and he is still ufa at the end of the year).

Ryder , Grabovski , secondary defensive prospect of waddells choice (gainey loves to let them pick it gives him the control) and a 1st.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
where can he play on our roster right now.. we have ryder on the 3rd line already.
Thankfully the trade deadline is tomorrow, so we won't have that problem for much longer.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
shredder11

Is he exciting to watch!I only got to see him this year on a crappy line.
Is he like a oleg petrov that was great at skating circles around a team only to give it away at the last second
Just curious

shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder11 View Post
Is he exciting to watch!I only got to see him this year on a crappy line.
Is he like a Sergei Samsonov that was great at skating circles around a team only to give it away at the last second
Just curious
Fixed.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Fixed.
Petrov scored goals, unlike Sammy.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:34 PM
shredder11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Petrov scored goals, unlike Sammy.
lmao ya fixed did ya.
Petrov was allright and fun to watch

shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Thankfully the trade deadline is tomorrow, so we won't have that problem for much longer.
We could package Tenderness instead and maybe waddell would be dumb enough to take it, that would be a better way to clear up useless players on the roster.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 07:15 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Woah there calm down Ozzy, I wasn't making any comparisons to Balej.

Someone asked if they'd ever seen a hab prospect dominate the AHL, to which I replied Jason Ward, who won the MVP award in 2003.
Then you claimed he never dominated to the extent Grabo has, to which I replied that Grabo's done it over a 6 game stretch. And the fact remains, it is a 6 game stretch. I'm sure a lot of lesser players have done well in a span of 6 games. 6 games. 6 games.

There's no doubt in my mind Grabo's a talented player, and I hope he makes it, if not with us then with another team. And yes Balej was just as good as Grabo in his 2nd AHL year.
Balej had some moves but not quite the speed or the passing ability. In Junior Balej and Hossa were linemates and couldnt even dominate the WHL

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 07:53 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
We could package Tenderness instead and maybe waddell would be dumb enough to take it, that would be a better way to clear up useless players on the roster.
dude as much as i hate Latendresse most times lately, is play along the boards is best on the team. He needs confidence, learn to be quicker from pass to shot transition and of course his speed which is has improved slightly. He will start to peek in 3-4 years, and could be a force in the league if he commits himself to off ice training, and develops a mean streak.

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote