HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

EDM -NYR (proposal)

Old
02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Obviously since they're both young and in the AHL, what they've "accomplished" isn't too relevant. But if that's the way you're scoring, then look at how they've fared in their pro careers to date, and it's clear Schremp has had more success.

Lowe would need to go on potential... and comparing them in that respect, it's not really close.
You still have yet to tell me why Schremp should command "way more" than Jessiman in a trade.

You keep rambling on about ******** and refusing to answer my question directly.

Schremp has had a bit more success, but Jessiman has gotten a lot better this year and had an outside chance at making the team (his camp was great and he looked like he could've played in the bottom 6).

Again -- what has Schremp done to warrant "way more" than Jessiman. Please don't respond to me if you fail to answer the question again as it will be a waste of time for you and me.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You still have yet to tell me why Schremp should command "way more" than Jessiman in a trade.

You keep rambling on about ******** and refusing to answer my question directly.

Schremp has had a bit more success, but Jessiman has gotten a lot better this year and had an outside chance at making the team (his camp was great and he looked like he could've played in the bottom 6).

Again -- what has Schremp done to warrant "way more" than Jessiman. Please don't respond to me if you fail to answer the question again as it will be a waste of time for you and me.
I've already showed you. Who's accomplished more? Schremp. Who has higher potential? Schremp. Who's two years younger? Schremp.

Now I'll ask you what Jessiman has done to warrant anything close to Schremp.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I've already showed you. Who's accomplished more? Schremp. Who has higher potential? Schremp. Who's two years younger? Schremp.

Now I'll ask you what Jessiman has done to warrant anything close to Schremp.
Schremp has accomplished slightly more. Is a bit younger. And has around the same potential Jessiman has. Jessiman has the "POTENTIAL" to be a top 6 powerforward. Schremp has the "POTENTIAL" to be a top 6 scoring forward.

They hare around the same potential -- but Schremp is a bit safer of a pick to reach his though Jessiman is a bit of a safer bet to be an NHLer (his safety level is a bottom 6 player).

The difference in the two is maybe a 4th round pick. Hardly the "way more" that Lowe supposedly wants.

You've yet again failed to show how Schremp is worth "way more". I definitely concede that he's worth a late round pick or a mediocre prospect more than Jessiman. Just not "way more" which would likely be a 2nd or 1st round pick.

Old
02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
the oilers have a lot of assets to get Staal, but they won't because they are already overloaded with defensive prospects. Canadian fans just love Staal because he was a big part of some real good canadian junior teams and because of his brothers as well. Seriously, anyone playing a key role on a canadian junior team is going to get just about every canadian fan hot and bothered for a long time.
Okay, but you talk as if he's overrated.

He isn't. He's the best defensive defenseman prospect I've ever seen for the Rangers (and I'm about to turn 37). Heck, he's the best defensive prospect of any kind not named Leetch that I've ever seen on the team.

We watch him every day and are AMAZED by his play. He's the defensive anchor of our top pairing. He consistently neutralizes the best offensive talent on the opposition. Not in the A, but in the bigs. AT 20. He is the goods. You could make an argument that several of your top young forwards combined would be equal value-wise. But that wouldn't fit with our team construction (and his importance to the team). I don't see a deal that brings Staal to the Oilers.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Schremp has accomplished slightly more. Is a bit younger. And has around the same potential Jessiman has. Jessiman has the "POTENTIAL" to be a top 6 powerforward. Schremp has the "POTENTIAL" to be a top 6 scoring forward.

They hare around the same potential -- but Schremp is a bit safer of a pick to reach his though Jessiman is a bit of a safer bet to be an NHLer (his safety level is a bottom 6 player).

The difference in the two is maybe a 4th round pick. Hardly the "way more" that Lowe supposedly wants.

You've yet again failed to show how Schremp is worth "way more". I definitely concede that he's worth a late round pick or a mediocre prospect more than Jessiman. Just not "way more" which would likely be a 2nd or 1st round pick.
You're free to interpret it how you want. I have no idea what Lowe would consider to be way more.

But you have to think about this: Would Jessiman and a 4th really be enough for Lowe to pull the trigger? Especially when there are likely much better offers out there?

I personally don't think so, but then again, I don't think the Oilers should trade Schremp in the first place.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
You're free to interpret it how you want. I have no idea what Lowe would consider to be way more.

But you have to think about this: Would Jessiman and a 4th really be enough for Lowe to pull the trigger? Especially when there are likely much better offers out there?

I personally don't think so, but then again, I don't think the Oilers should trade Schremp in the first place.
How much better do you honestly imagine it getting for the Oilers when it seems like Schremp is on the outside of the organization's favors, anyway? It doesn't seem like they think that highly of him.

Maybe you'll get a vet 3rd liner player for him. That's about all I could ever think of being offered unless it's in a big package and Schremp is added to balance it out somehow.

Old
02-25-2008, 05:50 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

He isn't. He's the best defensive defenseman prospect I've ever seen for the Rangers (and I'm about to turn 37). Heck, he's the best defensive prospect of any kind not named Leetch that I've ever seen on the team.

We watch him every day and are AMAZED by his play. He's the defensive anchor of our top pairing. He consistently neutralizes the best offensive talent on the opposition. Not in the A, but in the bigs. AT 20. He is the goods. You could make an argument that several of your top young forwards combined would be equal value-wise. But that wouldn't fit with our team construction (and his importance to the team). I don't see a deal that brings Staal to the Oilers.
And I was called "condescending" because I wouldn't tolerate the post that initiated the whole discussion...which has basically led to EXACTLY what we are seeing on this subject. The premise was very simple..."no, Edmonton does not have a player that I would consider trading Marc Staal for".

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
We'll gladly keep Schremp.

And I take it your saying you won't do this deal:
Gagner + Pitkanen
for Staal
I'm just curious as to how high you refer to Staal.
We have too many centers signed longterm to add yet anotherone who needs top two line minutes and to stay at center. Second, Pitkanen can't stay on the ice. I don't care if he has offense. We have Sanguinetti coming up.

No offense but I would not move Staal at this point in time and probably ever unless I am getting something like Crosby or Ovechkin or a young Chris Pronger type.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And I was called "condescending" because I wouldn't tolerate the post that initiated the whole discussion...which has basically led to EXACTLY what we are seeing on this subject. The premise was very simple..."no, Edmonton does not have a player that I would consider trading Marc Staal for".
Which is why I've been stepping up to defend you.

Old
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Which is why I've been stepping up to defend you.

And I appreciate it.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:08 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Somebody please close this thread already. It's stupid. These are the same Oiler fans arguing that Ladislav Smid is better than Staal and has more potential than him on their board. Then they come here and want to trade for him. Please.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:17 PM
MikeFLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
Somebody please close this thread already. It's stupid. These are the same Oiler fans arguing that Ladislav Smid is better than Staal and has more potential than him on their board. Then they come here and want to trade for him. Please.
Actually people are saying that you can argue that Smid has just as much potential as Staal. And if you compared them they are very similar players.

MikeFLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
LOL, no actually it's not the same Oiler fans, and most of the Oiler fans are saying Staal is better.

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFLB View Post
Actually people are saying that you can argue that Smid has just as much potential as Staal. And if you compared them they are very similar players.
Um, okay.

Tell ya what, why don't you take a proposal of Smid for Staal to, say, the Blackhawks board and tell us how the posters there respond...?

Old
02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
missinthejets

Quote:

no i'm not, i'm just saying that canadian fans love their national team players and will always yearn for them to be on their favorite team. But from an oilers standpoint, they don't need anymore young defense prospects because they have an over abundance of them already. (and yes that includes Smid, the guy is a terrific prospect who seems to get underrated a lot just because he's not lighting up scoreboards)

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Ummmmmmm...

Schremp is a center, isn't he? I think we are set at that position for a long long time.....

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
RinkOnEStreet

I'd do Montoya straight up for Schremp.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote