HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Synergy Gaborik ST Sticks??

Old
11-27-2007, 07:26 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Synergy Gaborik ST Sticks??

So i just found out Easton is no longer making the Gaborik curve anymore which is terrible news since ive been using that curve for years and I dont want to change. Plus there is no curves anywhere near like his on the market.

Anyone know where I can buy some online? Hopefully buy the last few some store/site still have left that they haven't sold?

I've check some local stores around here and they all recently just ran out.

I'm on my final Gaborik stick... (and its a warranty replacement).

Thanks

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Nosebleed Section

Well with bauer I know you can custom make your curve so you could try and design something like it.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Can't do custom curves through Bauer, you can select from a number of non-retail curves. But I don't think there are any "hooks." And with no more Coffey curve, it'll be tough to find something.

Christian Hockey (Harrow Sports) does custom wood blades though.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
CN7hockey

i will ask my son to check around our area. i remember seeing a Gaborik curve recently when my son was drooling over the new selection of sticks at the beginning of the season. it's definitely a unique blade.

CN7hockey

CN7hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-hksynergystsr.html

I know they've got some in the Stealths too as well as the STs I linked.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
McNasty

The Smyth curve of warrior is the same curve just the face isn't open, I see Gaborik's all the time. I used to use it myself but other then the insane wrister it made a lot of things a bigger pain in the ass.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Missionhockey

I hear its pretty hard to saucer a pass with that curve. I try to keep my blades as flat as possible anyway.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
The Smyth curve of warrior is the same curve just the face isn't open, I see Gaborik's all the time. I used to use it myself but other then the insane wrister it made a lot of things a bigger pain in the ass.
I was going to suggest the Smyth as well. I think it's a bit more of a toe curve then a Gabby, but very close.

The CCM Thornton might be an option, or the TPS Afinogenov. Both of which are nasty mid curves. The Warrior Draper isn't as deep but has a nice open toe. Might be worth a look.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Surprising, I play defense. While I do use my wrist shot more then a slap shot, my best quality is stick handling. I deke anyone pretty much using that curve. We don't have practices in adult leagues and the last thing I want to do is learn with a different style.

Old
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
bleedgreen

the smyth is a MUCH lower lie than the gaborik, so it would be an adjustment. if your willing to lower your lie i would also suggest the bergeron/amonte rbk pattern, or the aforementioned afinegenov. if you want to keep a similar lie i would say the closest may be the rbk datsyuk, or ccm thorton. the warrior draper is the same as the sakic.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 11:21 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
If you're a lefty the Gaborik stick is available on the internet, just google Gaborik LH. If you're a righty like me who got used to the Gaborik curve good luck. I just got 1 from a guy on Ebay in Michigan who had 5 of them. Other than that I haven't been able to find any. I have the Smyth Warrior and don't like it and I have the Bergeron RBK and like that a little better. Like somebody else said I'm a stick handler and a wrist shot guy so the Gaborik was perfect, dissapointed his curve won't be on the S-17's.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 02:13 AM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Surprising, I play defense. While I do use my wrist shot more then a slap shot, my best quality is stick handling. I deke anyone pretty much using that curve. We don't have practices in adult leagues and the last thing I want to do is learn with a different style.
See i'm a stickhandler as well and I just didn't like it, loved the wrister it gave me, but my slapshot soared high and Idk if it was the lie the curve or the face but I just didn't feel comfortable, it's all preference. I love my Lindros though, its pretty much a generic curve but it's what i'm used to.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 11:26 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Found 10 Gaborik, 100 Flex, Left handed sticks on Ebay..bought them for just under 1400 with shipping.... (saved about $400 if I were to buy them in the store near me)

I no longer have to worry about sticks for about 10 years (Total of 12 Gaborik sticks waiting to be used after my current one breaks)

Old
02-14-2008, 12:51 AM
lotus

Quote:
Found 10 Gaborik, 100 Flex, Left handed sticks on Ebay..bought them for just under 1400 with shipping.... (saved about $400 if I were to buy them in the store near me)

I no longer have to worry about sticks for about 10 years (Total of 12 Gaborik sticks waiting to be used after my current one breaks)

hahaha you're nutz ! But gratz on finding a stick/curve you love. That curve must lead to some wicked shots.

I'm currently having fun with my new pro stock Michalek / Hecht blades.

http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ekrightey4.jpg

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 04:08 AM
Diamond Joe

I find it interesting that the Smyth curve is somewhat similar to a Gaborik, I know pro stock differs from the retail, but on the ice Smyth curve is almost (if not) straight.

Diamond Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Hahahah talk about buying bulk! congrats on getting the sticks, I know that if they were to stop making Lidstrom curves I would be in the same boat as you. Gotta stick with the curve you love!

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
I find it interesting that the Smyth curve is somewhat similar to a Gaborik, I know pro stock differs from the retail, but on the ice Smyth curve is almost (if not) straight.
Same thing with Crosby. Sid's stick is basically straight.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Hugh Madbrough

I am also hooked on the gaborik banana blade. I'm RH and I have not been able to find one or anything like it. I've look at Smyth's and they didn't look that close to me. I may just start buying wood blades and curving them myself.

Hugh Madbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

$1400 worth of sticks just for an adult league?

Your money.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2008, 10:05 PM
BigDaddy

The difference between pro stock and retail is night and day. Ovechkin has a crazy toe curve but his retail is a heel curve.

BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Brodeur

Quote:

And if you run out of those, I have an LH 100 flex SL-Grip Gaborik that I've only gotten to use like five times sitting in the garage.....

I'm also saddened that Easton discontinued the Yzerman/Gaborik curve. I had been a Modano/Forsberg user for awhile but went back to the banana curve recently.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 01:09 PM
spoardy

Hy,

and i've you broke the 10 new sticks ( ), here are two companys which do a custom-stick for anybody:

http://www.busch-hockey.com/ and http://www.miasports.com/Customizer_inferno.html

greetz

spoardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoardy View Post
Hy,

and i've you broke the 10 new sticks ( ), here are two companys which do a custom-stick for anybody:

http://www.busch-hockey.com/ and http://www.miasports.com/Customizer_inferno.html

greetz
Not sure what you said..but i'm still on my first Gaborik from before I bought the other sticks...they last me about 6-8 months (sometimes much sooner or longer though).

Im not looking for anymore sticks for a good 5 years at the least whicih i think is very good since i play 2-3 times a week.

Old
02-26-2008, 12:47 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Are you going to be sad if Easton starts making his curve again?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 05:38 AM
spoardy

Quote:
Not sure what you said..but i'm still on my first Gaborik from before I bought the other sticks...they last me about 6-8 months (sometimes much sooner or longer though).

Im not looking for anymore sticks for a good 5 years at the least whicih i think is very good since i play 2-3 times a week.
well, i've play most of my life with the titan-curve 30... i just make a square toe, but didn't change the curve... after the curve wasn't longer available, i've made some custom-sticks with my beloved curve... and if the time comes and your sticks are gone, that's maybe a alternative to change the curve...

greetz

spoardy is offline   Reply With Quote