HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IMO the Preds season could well be over.......

Old
02-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Statesman

vCash: 500
IMO the Preds season could well be over.......

Lets's look at the upcoming Preds schedule which includes away games with Buff,Dallas,Ed,Van,the Flames,3 games with the RWs,Chi,Avs--now with Foppa and Sakic back,and STL.

The Preds will then have these home games left with the Sharks,LA,the Caps,RWs,Chi,the Avs again with Foppa and Sakic back,and finally STL to finish the season.

During this stretch the Preds need probably 25 points out of the possble 36 points possible just to sneak into the PO's as a 7,8th seed.IMO---this ain't going to happen.I expect the Preds to trade for no one before the trade deadline---they have also lost Ortmeyer and Gelinas due to injury---probably both for the season.

We will see what happens........I hope for the best.

Flame away.

Statesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 12:24 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statesman View Post
Lets's look at the upcoming Preds schedule which includes away games with Buff,Dallas,Ed,Van,the Flames,3 games with the RWs,Chi,Avs--now with Foppa and Sakic back,and STL.

The Preds will then have these home games left with the Sharks,LA,the Caps,RWs,Chi,the Avs again with Foppa and Sakic back,and finally STL to finish the season.
Well you're just a bright ray of sunshine.

That's not exactly our schedule. We have no more games vs Colorado.

We have @Buf, Dal, Edm, Van, Cgy, Det, Det, Det, Cbj, StL, Chi.

Then home vs SJ, LA, Wsh, Det, Chi, Cbj, StL.

It just depends which Preds team shows up as to how far we go. If we have the team that goes out and plays well defensively and gets some scoring from the other 3 lines then we will do OK and get in. If we have the team that can't buy a goal and gets weak d coverage then we will struggle.

But other teams have to win their games, too. No points are just a given anymore.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Statesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Well you're just a bright ray of sunshine.

That's not exactly our schedule. We have no more games vs Colorado.

We have @Buf, Dal, Edm, Van, Cgy, Det, Det, Det, Cbj, StL, Chi.

Then home vs SJ, LA, Wsh, Det, Chi, Cbj, StL.

It just depends which Preds team shows up as to how far we go. If we have the team that goes out and plays well defensively and gets some scoring from the other 3 lines then we will do OK and get in. If we have the team that can't buy a goal and gets weak d coverage then we will struggle.

But other teams have to win their games, too. No points are just a given anymore.
Thank you for correcting me about the Col games---the Preds play the CBJ's twice more this season not Col---another hated Preds foe.

There is little to to be "sunshiny" about concerning the Preds.The team was gutted so that it could be sold.Currently the Preds are a bunch of "lunch pailers" who have just gotten by so far.IMO---the road trip that the Preds now face will put them out of the PO's for good.

I hoped to be proven wrong---let's go Preds.

Statesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 01:32 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Well if you feel that way then why bother watching.

Yes the road trip will be hard, but we just have to find ways to win and get some points. And if some of those teams become sellers on Tuesday then that would help us out some more. They know what they have to do and if they come out and play right they can get a win anywhere. They have to learn to win on the road if they even have the slightest dream of doing anything in (or making) the playoffs then they have to start with this trip.

And with our injuries we're going to have to do something. We can't just rely on calling Peverley back up and putting Klein in at forward. Arnott was in the paper calling on DP to get some help so hopefully Poile can get someone in here to generate scoring on the second line.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

lol, i love reading threads after we get creamed

we're not the only ones with rough schedules to end the season. Phoenix ends the year with playing SJ, ANH, and DAL -- all twice

Colorado makes that "scary" canadian road trip -- twice (they already lost their first game of the trip to EDM)

i can't wait to see you after we lose the next 2 games

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Jarnberg

There is some validity to this. We need to get a ton of points in the upcoming months. And of course, the usual set of injuries is creeping up and we're going to have to rely on Fiddler, Nichol, Smithson, Peverley, Tootoo, etc. for leading us into the playoffs.

We're still in it of course. Its too early to call the season over though.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 02-26-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Glass is half full, not empty. This team will get it done.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
braindead

The Preds almost certainly make the playoffs if they come in second in the central. I don't think with the current schedule any division in either conference has ever had only 1 team in the playoffs. The Southeast may be able to pull it off this year. I think it's unlikely in the central. Can we beat out Chicago, St. Louis and Columbus? It sure seems that way right now, especially after today. All three were at least partial sellers, although only CBJ seemed to look entirely like a seller.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Just Puckin Around

Oh, come on now. That's a defeatist attitude. They do have a tough rest of the season, but they can definately make it with some good play. It will be an intense last month for everyone...not just the Preds. I'm betting that someone is going to slip up and hit the skids...Colorado? Vancouver? Calgary?...I just hope it's not the Preds.

Just Puckin Around is offline   Reply With Quote