HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Filatov vs Stamkos

Old
02-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Hockeycritic

vCash: 500
Filatov vs Stamkos

I wonder if Filatov can be the next 1st overall pick at NHL Draft?

See link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...terstitialskip

Abstract: Filatov has actually done enough now to leapfrog over all those. It's simply that Filatov has been phenomenal, and is actually narrowing the gap between himself and the once seemingly untouchable Steven Stamkos.

Rising:
Nikita Filatov— CSKA. Spectacular performance at Five Nations stamps him as the next best thing to Steven Stamkos.

Hockeycritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 02:52 AM
pouskin74*

for me he is number one 11 months allready. but due to problems between russia and nhl i dont see him going in top 10 ! even more. he has a 4 year deal with CZKA. that mean who ever pick him up dosnt get him before 2011.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Hockeycritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
for me he is number one 11 months allready. but due to problems between russia and nhl i dont see him going in top 10 ! even more. he has a 4 year deal with CZKA. that mean who ever pick him up dosnt get him before 2011.
Believe Filatov will do the same thing Malkin did and no problem as no agreement between two leagues. He can go to play in NHL easy ignoring Russian contract... He isn't happy with not getting a chance to play league team CSKA... His dream NHL and important he speaks English now!

Hockeycritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycritic View Post
Believe Filatov will do the same thing Malkin did and no problem as no agreement between two leagues. He can go to play in NHL easy ignoring Russian contract... He isn't happy with not getting a chance to play league team CSKA... His dream NHL and important he speaks English now!
at first i dont think you can compare Filatov contract with Malkins. Filatov sign it without any pressure on him but Malkin sign his contract under pressure in 2 o clock in nighttime! and to be honest i cant understaend people who are happy when somebody broke his contract with one team and run away in to NHL NHL is very respectable organisation and not respecting other organisations will turn against them sooner or later!

Last edited by pouskin74*: 02-26-2008 at 01:09 PM.
pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I don't understand why he doesn't play in the super league- also isn't CSKA a more "prospect friendly" team then other super league teams. If Russia wants to retain their players why don't they play them? Vasyunov, Filatov, Korostin, ect.. the list goes on. If you have world class young players, then play them, or loose them- I hope Filatov screws over his team and plays in the CHL next year (which by the way, is a rumor).

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote