Örebro HK

Old
02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
ÖHK lost!
According to Lasse Wirstöm at NA the loss was a product of ÖHK folding completely after they scored the first goal. For whatever reason, Tingsryd was allowed to step up and become the agressor. Nissinen played great but let one unfortunate puck behind him. He stod up in the media after the game and took the blame for it... after he completely saved ÖHK's @ss. Wierd, a team scores 1 goal and the only person stepping up is the goalie?!? Hello?!

Lasse also raised a concern about Peltola's speed, but called Niskanen a "Class Player" needing to get someone better than Andreas Sjöberg next to him.

The first line with Löwdahl, Almqvist and Torstensson was said to have made one great shift and been a non-factor for the rest of the game.. not what you want or need from your first line.

I'm pondering the play-off situation right now though... Given the late additions to the roster for ÖHK, I'm wondering if 3rd may not be a better situation than 2nd or 1st for ÖHK. I know it sounds crazy, but being third, you end up playing a series against the winners of one of the div 1 teams before heading into the last play-off round before the 6-team promotion/relegation league that will pick the top 2 to go to Allsvenskan and the rest are sunk back into the swamp.

In ÖHK's case, there is no doubt that they have the talent and quality players to compete and beat anybody on this level, but they may need a little time to come together. A few extra games against "lesser" opposition can't be a bad thing, can it?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Ribban

Troja – Örebro 0-1, Torstensson (Svensk), 1st intermission.

Fors is back from his injury, forming a Line with Peltola and Lihagen.

Nissinen is every bit as good as they said he was going to be according to Tohlsson in an RT interview with NA.

Old
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
zecke26

i'm just hanging in front of the liveticker and i'm close to a heartattack.

T/L tied it up:
31.36 1 - 1 PP1 IFT/L 6. PERSSON, Erik
(27. FAHLQVIST, Thomas)

ÖHK got the lead again:
34.57 1 - 2 EQ ÖHK 15. LÖWDAHL, Henrik
(42. WÅGSTRÖM, Daniel)

on a sidenote: ik pantern has the lead in tingsryd with 2-1 in the 2nd. would be a good result for ÖHK.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
zecke26

i'm speechless, what a disappointment.

Old
02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Ribban

Quote:
i'm speechless, what a disappointment.
I barely recovered myself... I can't believe it!!

To break it down.. they are ahead by one halfway through the 3rd. Then:

on the last 10 shots, Troja scroes 5 goals?!?!?
in 3 minutes, Troja scores 4 goals?!?!?

OHK has 34 penalty minutes in the game, including three 3 on 5's. Snider gets a GM with 5 left to go, and Tselios gets taken out for kneeing and slashing?!? What kind of penalties are those for a "physical" defenseman?!?!?!?!?!

Same god damn thing every year.... And "Tool"sson is *****ing about "homierefs"... again... gimme a ****ing break!!!

Everytime OHK plays a "decent" team, they apparently are penalized only becasue the ref is a homer guy!?!? It's been the same thing for two years in a row now... if not three... Pitea last year was epic! OHK doesn't have freaking pond players on the squad, and all those guys KNOW they need to adjust to the level of the ref, not keeping on doing what they doing and parade their ***** into the sin bin!

Hansson blames lactic acid becasue of all the pen's for the collapse... no ****, Sherlock! I wouldn't be upset if this was in the beginning of the season, but now?!?Make adjustments then! You're the freakin' coach!

How you ****ing lose a hockey game with 6-2 after leading it 2-1 in the middle of the third is nothing but a ******* disgrace.

The truth to be told.. they haven't beaten Troja nor Tingsryd ONCE this season, so I'm questioning what sort of motivation there is to push for a spot in "Kvalserien." Teams and efforts like OHK's today just don't belong there.

I sure hope Peltonen and Niskanen can help these guys understand what it takes to be a winner. Losing like they did today has nothing to do with any lack of skill nor conditioning... it's all about Pride, Will, and Desire. Hang on for ****'s sake! Nobody is going to give it to you, and the new guys can only do so much.

I feel bad for even starting this thread.

Old
02-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Ribban

Hrrmmm….. I guess I’ve calmed down a little… I’m still wondering how a team like Örebro can manage to get only one point with them in all the home and away meetings against Troja, Tingsryd, and Mariestad. It’s actually not that they have lost but rather how they have lost?!

Anyway, I heard that the idea is to let the chips fall where they may this year. If all the way, fine. If not, I heard that they are finally done with the late transfers and will start a real rebuilding process to give the fine squad of junior players they have the chance to bring Örebro up to Allsvenskan… Something about a three year plan. Sounds like a smart move to me… Then again, this season isn’t over yet.

Old
02-26-2008, 07:25 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Hrrmmm….. I guess I’ve calmed down a little… I’m still wondering how a team like Örebro can manage to get only one point with them in all the home and away meetings against Troja, Tingsryd, and Mariestad. It’s actually not that they have lost but rather how they have lost?!
they aren't dominant against the weaker teams. that what's scares me the most. and there's one thing that i notice every game in front of the stats tracker: PENALTIES! whenever they lead, they get tons of penalties.

Quote:
Anyway, I heard that the idea is to let the chips fall where they may this year. If all the way, fine. If not, I heard that they are finally done with the late transfers and will start a real rebuilding process to give the fine squad of junior players they have the chance to bring Örebro up to Allsvenskan… Something about a three year plan. Sounds like a smart move to me… Then again, this season isn’t over yet.
that would be extremely nice. but the J20 is struggling and i fear the demotion. i wonder if emil johansson might be willing to come back. his season is a mess with around 5 teams or so. if they really want a rebuild, they need to get johansson back. i really like him.
and maybe emil axelsson, but that's unlikely.

Old
02-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Ribban

Realistically, they wouldn't add more than 2-3 players out of the U-20 team, tops. They also have guys sitting on the bench not getting enough PT. I think it is 2 years ago that their U-20 team rocked the house.

On the penalties, I see the same thing, and what bothers me is that I see the same people get taken out for typical woodwork (slashing, tripping, hooking) - the kinds of penalties that tell you that people aren't moving their feet.

I guess Tselios is suspended for next game. Maybe they'll get to play some 5-on-5, ehe?!

Old
02-27-2008, 03:08 PM
zecke26

finally a good game!

7-0

who's next now? i still don't know how everything works. who do they play in the pre-POs?

Old
02-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Ribban

Quote:
finally a good game!

7-0

who's next now? i still don't know how everything works. who do they play in the pre-POs?
Nothing to get too worked up about. Skovde came to play with 2 juniors on the first line, and a division 2 like keeper. This was their last game, and they were done anyway, so nobody on their squad played with much heart, let alone skill.

Regardless, some interesting points about the game:

Snider is now on the 3rd line and didn't score... didn't even have a point.

Tselios was suspended as a result of his game misconduct against Olostrom.

The D looks like a bunch of delerious chickens every time the puck enters the zone.

Nissinen had a great game despite the dominans of OHK.

Peltola had three assists.

Lihagen had three goals.

First lne looked great again.... against a non-issue opponent.

Lihagen - Peltola - Fors (2nd line) could be something.

OHK still had three penalties in the last 10 minutes of this game as well...

They now move on to play @ Tranas in what is called Play-Off 2, which is a best of 3 series. Game 2 and 3 (if needed) will be played in Orebro.

Assuming they can get by a team that didn't make it to Allettan and whom they've beaten easily three times this season already, they will move on to play-off 3, where the winner of Allettan Norra, Asploven, or Allettan Mellan, Vasby, is waiting for them. Who Orebro will play is decided by a draw (OHK can't play a team from it's own Alletta, which rules out Troja). The two runner up from Allettan Sodra and Mellan (Mariestad vs. Valbo) also play each other, as the fourth series in Play-off 3.

The four winners of those series move on and play Kvalserien (round-robin x2) together with Hammarby and Huddinge. Since Hammarby is about to file bankruptcy and has declared that they will relegate without contest, Kvalserien will only have 5 teams from which two teams will be promoted to next years Allsvenska.

The farce commence on March 1 (Saturday).

Clear as mud, ehe??

I truly wonder if anybody over at the Swedish Hockey Federation is thinking that none of this is a good idea. Everybody loses with this idiotic structuring of divisions.

Old
02-28-2008, 09:03 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Nothing to get too worked up about. Skovde came to play with 2 juniors on the first line, and a division 2 like keeper. This was their last game, and they were done anyway, so nobody on their squad played with much heart, let alone skill.
bah...we both know that even against juniors ÖHK would only with with a one goal lead usually.

Quote:
Nissinen had a great game despite the dominans of OHK.

Peltola had three assists.
these were good additions. niskanen too. it's interesting that some of those who played solid early in the season now have disappeared.

Quote:
They now move on to play @ Tranas in what is called Play-Off 2, which is a best of 3 series. Game 2 and 3 (if needed) will be played in Orebro.
tranas had it much easier to get to PO2...that's funny. end up worse in the season and you play worse team to succeed. end up top2 and you have to fight better teams to get a top3 spot out of 8. now this is logic.

Quote:
Clear as mud, ehe??
thanks to your explanation i finally got it.
but it's really a weird way.

do you see any chances this season to promote? i don't. this team is simply not playing his best hockey. and besides the new finns and the lihagen line (especially fors), there's not much at the moment. i can't see how they want to find an extra gear.

Old
02-28-2008, 10:51 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
and there's one thing that i notice every game in front of the stats tracker: PENALTIES! whenever they lead, they get tons of penalties.
Could this be vaguely linked to the level of referees?

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Could this be vaguely linked to the level of referees?
he he... well, granted they don't have NHL refs skating around in Div 1, I guess one can conclude that the refs would be prone to make more mistakes. However, I'm not one to blame refs, and the problem with blaming the refs, like the Orebro fans and board members like to do, is that OHK consistently get more penalties than its opponents.

To take that a step further, if those penalties were for roughing, boarding, or even fighting, I'd be open to the idea that the players were just a bit "overly" excited. However, most of their penalties are tripping, hooking, and holding, which means they don't move their feet.

Back to the refs, even if the refs suck, they usually suck both ways, so therefore the calls will eventually even out, if not for a game, at least for the season. Also, these guys (EX North Amercian Minor league, SEL and Allsvenskan players) are good enough to not only understand but actually adjust to the level that the ref has set that night. Unfortunately, this seems to be very tough for OHK to understand, and after every loss (and sometimes win), OHK's leadership comes out and whines about the officials.

In my book it's easy. If you consistently pick up 6 penalties for hooking, try skating with your stick on the ice, and see if that helps. If you still get a bunch of penalties for hooking, I think it's fair to take a look at what the ref is doing.

Old
02-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Ribban

Quote:
tranas had it much easier to get to PO2...that's funny. end up worse in the season and you play worse team to succeed. end up top2 and you have to fight better teams to get a top3 spot out of 8. now this is logic.
I obviously have a problem with it as well, but I think this actually benefits OHK though. I mean, if Tranas presents ANY problem to them, they don't belong in the race for Allsvenskan. However, given the late additions and the mind boggeling losses, Play-Off 2 gives OHK at least two more games to play together before they really need to step up. Even if Tranas shouldn't be in a postion to challenge, it is better to play them than to sit in Play-Off 3 and scrimmage black on white in practice, while waiting for someone to come out of Play-Off 2. This rationale may not be true for a team that stayed the same thorughout the year. Either way, the system itself is insane.

Quote:
do you see any chances this season to promote? i don't. this team is simply not playing his best hockey. and besides the new finns and the lihagen line (especially fors), there's not much at the moment. i can't see how they want to find an extra gear.
Hard to tell for the very reason you just stated - not playing well enough. Adding a new keeper, one defense men, two forwards, and shaking up all lines but the first 2/3's into the season is tough. Just look at what it does to many of the NHL clubs, and the NHL players are full-blooded pro's with more time to practice and know more about each other from day 1 than they do in Orebro.

So far, Niskanen isn't getting more than "meeting expectations" from the local media and the coaches, and they all want more because of his contract. However, he's stuck in between a rock and a hard place when his partner is not going hard to the corner, his forwards are whimsing around in the defensive zone, get beat to the middle, not picking up their points, and are out of position for the outlet passes. In the midst of all this, he is trying to get in sync with Nissinen. The more I think about it, he is underpaid

So, how good can OHK be if they come together as a team? I'm sure they COULD beat anybody in Kvalserien, let alone all these play-offs with the talent they have. The question is, in my mind, how long will it take for them to jell? and, are the imports going to adjust to OHK, or is OHK going to elevate to meet the imports? I don't know the attitude or the locker room, but maybe a couple of solid games against Tranas will do it.

The bigger question in my mind is still, IF they would make it and get into Allsvenskan, who are going to keep them there? I don't think Peltola, Niskanen, Nissinen, nor Fors are planning on staying around after this season is over.

Old
03-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Ribban

Tranås out in two straight; 5-1 & 8-1.

Asplöven (from Haparanda) is next. Play-off 3 is played in a best of three format.

March 7, Asplöven at Örebro
March 11, Örebro at Asplöven
March 12, Örebro at Asplöven - if necessary.

Other series:

* Östersund-Väsby
* Enköping-Troja/Ljungby
* Valbo AIF-Mariestad BoIS

The winners of each series move on to "kvalserien" where they and Huddinge, from Allsvenskan, will play in a round robin tourney, home and away. Hammarby should also have been in "kvaleserien" but will relegate from Allsvenskan without contest due to financial hardships.

The two top teams from "kvalserien" will play in Allsvenskan next season.

Old
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Tranås out in two straight; 5-1 & 8-1.
one thing i noticed was the balanced scoring. all 4 lines were able to score. even snider. this is needed from now on.

Quote:
Asplöven (from Haparanda) is next. Play-off 3 is played in a best of three format.

March 7, Asplöven at Örebro
March 11, Örebro at Asplöven
March 12, Örebro at Asplöven - if necessary.
hmm...i do just know their goalie, iiro itämies, because he played here in germany for around 7 seasons.

how good are they compared to troja/ljungby or mariestad?

Old
03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Ribban

Quote:
one thing i noticed was the balanced scoring. all 4 lines were able to score. even snider. this is needed from now on.

how good are they compared to troja/ljungby or mariestad?

Snider actually got the 1st star, which was refreshing but surprising considering the fact that Niskanen, Peltola, and someone else I think, had 3 point games. But, it's nice to see them reward and appreciate hustling on the 3rd line as well.

How good Asplöven is nobody in Örebro knows. What we do know is that they won Allettan Norra without any problems, but Alletttan Norra suffers from having fewer teams and usually a bigger gap between the top and the bottom, which makes me feel more comfortable with their record.

According to Mats Tjernström, who covers Div1 for Svenskafans.com, Troja is by far the best Div 1 team right now, and although Örebro has lost big to them twice, it always felt as if they could have won "if only..."

http://crosschecking.se/articles/show/1207

In other words, I like Örebro's chances against Asplöven.

Old
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
zecke26

Quote:
How good Asplöven is nobody in Örebro knows. What we do know is that they won Allettan Norra without any problems, but Alletttan Norra suffers from having fewer teams and usually a bigger gap between the top and the bottom, which makes me feel more comfortable with their record.
i just realized that i didn't follow the other allettans. shame on me.

Quote:
According to Mats Tjernström, who covers Div1 for Svenskafans.com, Troja is by far the best Div 1 team right now, and although Örebro has lost big to them twice, it always felt as if they could have won "if only..."

http://crosschecking.se/articles/show/1207

In other words, I like Örebro's chances against Asplöven.
good chances mean they fail again?

but it sounds good. so i can be relaxed for the moment. no need to be nervous yet.

troja is indeed a great team. adding ron pasco was amazing. he's a guy every teams needs. he's a great character and it was always nice to talk to him. smart and funny. he can lead a team and he gives everything on and off the ice. he would kill himself just to succeed.

Old
03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Ribban

I found this article in Norrbottens Kuriren, and it was written after the last game of Allettan Norra. ´

Asplöven had already secured the top spot when they played Östersund, but I'm wondering what the outlook of them ever playing in Allsvenskan can be? Obviously, they are looking at quite a bit more money then. Haparanda isn't that big, but they do indeed have some big companies in the area, so maybe they'll have to "build it and they will come," ehe?

I hope for their sake that they aren't planning on riding the bus to Örebro.

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
Asplöven hängde inte med i början
LULEÅ.
Asplöven hade en tung afton i bortamötet mot Östersund/Brunflo.

Hemmalaget chockstartade och petade in första målet redan efter knappa två minuter.

Siffrorna skrevs till 2-4 (0-3, 1-0, 1-1). Asplöven hade en tung nedresa till Östersund. Laget åkte nattbuss ner och klev istort sett rakt in på isen, detta eftersom klubben sparade 30.000 kronor på denna lösning.

- Ja, playoffserien kan bli lång, och eftersom vi redan hade säkrat seriesegern tyckte vi att vi kunde välja denna lösning, konstaterade tränaren Mikael Persson.

Matchen var knappt två minuter gammal när hemmalaget kunde peta in första målet i powerplay, detta sedan Joakim Vikström dragit på sig en hakningsutvisning.

När sedan Östersund/Brunflo pangade in tvåan drygt två minuter senare såg det allmänt lojt ut i Asplöven.

Tvåan blev ingen väckarklocka för Haparandalaget utan det var hemmalaget som förde matchen ganska tydligt, och trean kom efter knappa kvarten spelad.

Men efter hemmalagets trea ryckte Asplöven upp sig, och började ta för sig.

I den andra perioden kunde Asplöven reducera efter 17 minuter och hoppet tändes för gästerna.

Tredje perioden fortsatte med Asplöven dominans, men laget lyckades inte få in pucken trots att laget sköt mer än hemmalaget.

Asplöven reducerade till 2-3 efter elva minuter in i tredje och laget var på gång, men i samband med att laget plockade målvakten gjorde Östersund/Brunflo 4-2 i öppen kasse och matchen var avgjord.

Bäst i Asplöven var Antti Alamäki, Joakim Vikström och Marcus Lundberg.

Målen, Asplöven: Antti Alamäki, Marcus Lundberg.
Björn Norén

Old
03-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Ribban

According to another article in the same paper, Asplöven's coach complained about the fact that they tend to pass the puck at least one time too many and not shot enough. Therefore, they have apparently had consistent problems scoring 5-on-5, and depend heavily on their power play to produce for them.

Örebro tends to pick up cheap penalties, especially against quicker teams, which I assume Asplöven is given their alluded ability to move the puck. Asplöven sounds similar to last year's Piteå...

Then again, if Örebro can stay out of the penalty box, this could be a very good series from Örebro's perspective.

Old
03-12-2008, 04:30 AM
zecke26

ok, today it counts. series tied 1-1.

way too many penalties yesterday. i hope they can find that extra gear today. if they fail in kvalserien, i'm fine with it. that can happen. but failing before is not acceptable.

Old
03-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Ola

AaaaaaaaasssssssspppppllÖÖÖÖÖÖÖvveeeeennnnnnnnnnnn AssssssppppplllllÖÖÖÖÖvvveeeeennn

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Ola

Quote:
I found this article in Norrbottens Kuriren, and it was written after the last game of Allettan Norra. ´

Asplöven had already secured the top spot when they played Östersund, but I'm wondering what the outlook of them ever playing in Allsvenskan can be? Obviously, they are looking at quite a bit more money then. Haparanda isn't that big, but they do indeed have some big companies in the area, so maybe they'll have to "build it and they will come," ehe?
They do got plenty of money -- their top paid players probably get allot more then the avg joe in the Allsvenskan. Most guys probably get around 6.000-10.000 after taxes a month. Its a bit of a advantage to be positioned at the border -- all the Finns can get artist contracts.

The problem for them is that it always have been allot more expensive for them to get players then what it is for teams in bigger citys like Umeå (see Teg) for example. Gooing to Haparanda have, atleast in the past, been seen as basically gooing to Siberia to play.

But Haparanda as a city have had a big upswing thanks to Ikea establishing there. Its turning into -- whats that place thats famous for having cheap stuff in Småland? Ending with ***boda I think -- of the nothern Sweden. Haparanda have gone from beeing the city with the biggest % of sick people in Sweden, and one of the highest unemployment rates, to beeing the city with the 3rd highest tillväxt rate this year in entire Sweden.

The company of Polarica is backing them really well.

On Asplöven playing in the Allsvenska -- that kind of seems a bit nuts to me.

Like right now there basically isn't a homegrown player playing for that team. There is two finns who played on a joint Haparanda/Tornio team junior team. And that have kind of been their problem always. They got a big youthprogram -- but when the kids become 16-17 and aren't ready to dominate in the upper Div 1 league they are forced out. Its pretty telling that Övertornå -- a smaller city then HPDA that got much fewer players -- have produced like a handful of elite players only the last years; while Asplöven haven't ever produced even a Allsvenskan player... Its funny to compare Luleås b-juniors with Asplövens b-juniors. Most seasons Asplövens b-junior defenitly is on par with Luleås. Then 3 years later Luleå have produced 3-4 guys who plays in the SEL or Allsvenskan -- if not more -- while all Asplöven players sits at the square drinking Lapin...

If they had a strong core of homegrown players Allsvenskan might not be out of reach in the long run. But now they have to buy in everyone almost. That means that they got a big turnaround on the roster every year, there is a ton of guys only waiting for offers from other teams et c. But in term of size, they do got some potential. How big is Leksand?

Last edited by Ola: 03-12-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
But Haparanda as a city have had a big upswing thanks to Ikea establishing there. Its turning into -- whats that place thats famous for having cheap stuff in Småland? Ending with ***boda I think -- of the nothern Sweden.
Ullared and their Gekås
http://www.gekas.se/index.asp

hehe

Predatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2008, 07:20 AM
zecke26

although predatore might disagree, but on a positive sidenote, örebro's J20 avoided kvalserien.

now let's hope that they finally start to build a good junior program, because it seems important to have home-grown talent in order to play successful hockey.