HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

XGMDM would have pulled the trigger

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2008, 10:50 AM
BlueJackets66

vCash: 500
XGMDM would have pulled the trigger

we are in a win now situation just like the NFL!! We are never willing to make the big moves that benefit us in a positive way. Richards would have been a great addition to the team. Now we have to bank on Jake to bust to! i have no reason to believe that any of out up and coming draft picks are going to ever be good or at least not for 4-5 years and at that point it will be for a different team. If we wanted Richards we could have had him if we would have thrown in Brass, #1, hell even Freddy No! I am sick of all the antics with the CBJ. I am so upset at this non movement. Regarding future moves today, let re-sign a slow aging "leader" to a 2 yr contract for 3-4 million. That does not seem like a home town discount to me. Let's not forget we still have Feds, Vybes, Peca, Hollywood and sorry A** Malhotra. When and if we get rid of these guys they will be for 2-5 rounders and a whole lot of AHL players for the future. That is all we are is a glorified AHL team. I hope I am wrong about all of this and I can get crap from you guys, which would mean I was wrong, but by the looks of it, I am not.

I'm so mad I don't even know if this thread makes sense.

Old
02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
blahblah

0/10

XGMDM was a moron.

Next.

Old
02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
He would've gotten it done for sure. And here's the issue: If Howson's holding onto Brassard and Mason and whoever else that the Lightning wanted in keeping the long term in tact, then I have news for Mr Howson - there's no long term if this team continues to flounder due to lack of strength up the middle.

Old
02-26-2008, 10:54 AM
CBJwheel

I'd still have GMSH rather than XGMDM. For any good trades XGMDM would've made, there would've been a handful of other terrible ones.

Trade day isn't over yet. GMSH can still make some great moves.

Old
02-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjwheel View Post
I'd still have GMSH rather than XGMDM. For any good trades XGMDM would've made, there would've been a handful of other terrible ones.

Trade day isn't over yet. GMSH can still make some great moves.
Exactly. GMSH has a vision and a plan. This day isnt over yet anyway.

Old
02-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Skraut

GMDM would have never gotten the deal done. He would have been too busy gloating over Denis...

Old
02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
X0ssbar

GM would have already sacraficed this year's #1 pick for a quick fix this past summer amongst god knows what else.

This team wouldn't even be on the playoff bubble if DM were here.

Take a step back and a deep breath. I'm as dissapointed as anyone we didn't land Richards and I'm sure the folks over at Nationwide are as well. There is a plan and there won't be any knee jerk reactions today. He'll look to address the #1 center problem this offseason.

I SH for even being in the Richards hunt.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
BlueJackets66

I just don't see the player movement out there for us right now. Olli, Cammalleri? I don't know. I hope we get someone other than an
AHL player to play 45 games for us and have 1pt.

I think that most of us wanted Richards. XGMDM would have made that happen. Mason will not even play for 3-5 years, Brass may turn into Brule, Jake may turn in Picard. the point is you never know. This is year 7 not year 2 or 3. Let's win know grow our base back and then win through free agency, a little philosophy of that is used by a few winning teams Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees. The method works. Trying to land this player is not good enough!!!!

Old
02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
BlueJackets66

I will agree with the Denis comment!haha

Old
02-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJackets66 View Post
Let's win know grow our base back and then win through free agency, a little philosophy of that is used by a few winning teams Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees. The method works. Trying to land this player is not good enough!!!!

Neither team has a Salary cap, OR even a budget.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Hugg

XGMDM would have sent a 1st rounder and Brule to San Jose for Jeremy Roenick and then told us we finally have our #1 center.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
GM would have already sacraficed this year's #1 pick for a quick fix this past summer amongst god knows what else.

This team wouldn't even be on the playoff bubble if DM were here.

Take a step back and a deep breath. I'm as dissapointed as anyone we didn't land Richards and I'm sure the folks over at Nationwide are as well. There is a plan and there won't be any knee jerk reactions today. He'll look to address the #1 center problem this offseason.

I SH for even being in the Richards hunt.
And nothing came of it, so we're really no better off now than we were last April.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
That is the single dumbest thing I have read on here in a LONG time. We are in this mess because of DOUG MACLEAN!!!! We are not in the playoff hunt BECAUSE OF DOUG MACLEAN!!! This teams has a loser mentality BECAUSE OF DOUG MACLEAN!!! You think he would have traded Brule??? His golden child? NOOOOOOOOO. He may have made a dumb move and traded Z.

MacLean is a ****ING IDIOT!!!!

Old
02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
That is the single dumbest thing I have read on here in a LONG time. We are in this mess because of DOUG MACLEAN!!!! We are not in the playoff hunt BECAUSE OF DOUG MACLEAN!!! This teams has a loser mentality BECAUSE OF DOUG MACLEAN!!! You think he would have traded Brule??? His golden child? NOOOOOOOOO. He may have made a dumb move and traded Z.

MacLean is a ****ING IDIOT!!!!
Amen

Old
02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Actually, I'm kinda happy we still have lots of salary space and are loosing guys with NTCs instead of picking up even more. Most importantly we didn't do anything stupid like trade Steve Mason.

This team is going to live or die on the shoulders of a Leclaire/Mason tandum.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:12 AM
BlueJackets66

even if the Bosox and Yankees don't have a budget or cap it is the method of thinking that they use. Win now. When the CBJ get that we will win and from a business standpoint there will be butts in the seats. You can't spend money you don't have and last time I checked attendance was not that great!

BTW GMDM was a great business man. I know most of you only care about the hockey side, but the business side it as important if not more. The team stems from that and when DM was here we sold out all of the games for 4-5 years in a row. Something to be said by that. BTW Feds had 30 goals the year before he came to the CBJ who would have thought that big of a drop off?

Moving on has anybody heard anything about Foote? I heard he rejected the CBJ offer.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Renion

I agree that Doug could have gotten this done. He--and only he--could easily have dressed up Fritsche and said, "Here's your top goalie of the future!"

Old
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
even if the Bosox and Yankees don't have a budget or cap it is the method of thinking that they use. Win now. When the CBJ get that we will win and from a business standpoint there will be butts in the seats. You can't spend money you don't have and last time I checked attendance was not that great!

BTW GMDM was a great business man. I know most of you only care about the hockey side, but the business side it as important if not more. The team stems from that and when DM was here we sold out all of the games for 4-5 years in a row. Something to be said by that. BTW Feds had 30 goals the year before he came to the CBJ who would have thought that big of a drop off?

Moving on has anybody heard anything about Foote? I heard he rejected the CBJ offer.
We sold out games because hockey was a new novelty to the Columbus area. Everyone wanted to go see a game, see the new arena, etc.

As the novelty effect faded, and we saw that we had a putrid product on the ice -- not to mention the lockout wiped out a season -- that's when things started to go south. Fans got tired of seeing a losing product and quit coming out.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:19 AM
PubOFH

Quote:

The Jackets...like the Indians in baseball dont have that deep well to dip into like the Yanks or Sox. Yanks have not won a world series in 7 years. Now they have a bunch of overpaid old stiffs.

We have not developed talent here in Columbus BECAUSE OF DOUG MACLEAN!!! He hired an inept coach in Gallant....and we floundered. BADLY. As soon as we got a REAL coach...this team started learning and growing...almost right away.

Columbus sold out games early because this is a great sports town. Elmer Fud could have ran the show and games would have sold out.

Again...we are in this mess because MacLean had no vision, no plan and no coach.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
cbjgrandview

XGMDM is on Sportsnet right now bashing Columbus for not getting Richards. He said Richards would have came if he was still there.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgrandview View Post
XGMDM is on Sportsnet right now bashing Columbus for not getting Richards. He said Richards would have came if he was still there.
Classic Maclean.

Since none of us, or DM, know the details of what TB's price was for this move to happen, I don't see anyone having the right to criticize SH with any authority.

I can't say I'd have been happy with Richards at any cost, because quite frankly I value the future of this team with Russel, Boll, Brassard, and Voracek more than the present with Richards.

We are a long shot at making the 8th seed at this point, and I don't think Jesus H Key-Reist centering the top line would even change that.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:31 AM
PubOFH

Quote:
He is a classless ass hole. Period. We wouldnt even be close to being Buyers if he were still here. I HATE that ****er.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:33 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:

...if Maclean was still in Tampa?

The title of this thread is soooo appropo: pull the trigger.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:33 AM
PubOFH

Your thread is right here. Learn to navigate the site MacLean.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:35 AM
cbjgrandview

Also, he just said he'd be on his knees begging Mr. Mac for Richards if he was still in Columbus.

Hmm... Let me see just like he begged for Sydor, Feds, and every other train wreck he begged for.

Closed Thread