HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

XGMDM would have pulled the trigger

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
BlueJackets66

vCash: 500
Marleau?

Old
02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I'm half-convinced we didn't get Richards *because* of MacLean royally screwing Tampa with the Denis trade, thus leaving them, shall we say, hesitant to deal with us again.

Old
02-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgrandview View Post
Also, he just said he'd be on his knees begging Mr. Mac for Richards if he was still in Columbus.

Hmm... Let me see just like he begged for Sydor, Feds, and every other train wreck he begged for.
Yep, I had alot more respect for DM when he left than I do now. He's like an angry kid shouting criticisms to pacify his own insecurities.

Old
02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
evengodlovesthecbj

Should Howson have attempted a 3 way deal? Emery and Roloson are both being rumored to be dealt. If Tampa wanted a goaltender why not aquire one? Either one would certainly not come at too steep a price. A draft pick then on to Tampa with Brule, Fristche and OKT. It may not even have cost us as much from our own organization.

Old
02-26-2008, 12:36 PM
OnYourIgnoreList

Quote:
Originally Posted by evengodlovesthecbj View Post
Should Howson have attempted a 3 way deal? Emery and Roloson are both being rumored to be dealt. If Tampa wanted a goaltender why not aquire one? Either one would certainly not come at too steep a price. A draft pick then on to Tampa with Brule, Fristche and OKT. It may not even have cost us as much from our own organization.
Who would want Emery at this point? - he might as well be a radioactive dope fiend pedophile. And Roloson's stock as a full-time goalie has dropped dramatically in the past 3, 4 years.

If it's true they were looking primarily for a franchise type goalie, I don't think either of those two fit the bill.

Dallas simply had the positional player they wanted most and that's what sealed the deal. Throw in Jokinen and it's a no brainer of a deal for them, I think, and I cannot fathom a deal we could put together that would match it without giving up to much, in my opinion.

Old
02-26-2008, 12:37 PM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
In before the lock

Old
02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

please shut this crap thread down

Old
02-26-2008, 01:06 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

I don't want it shut down this thinking needs to be

exposed. Clark MacLean gets no free passes under alias names...

Doug MacLean is a buffoon... the fact that he even comments on the Blue Jackets shows his lack of any professionalism. The glaring obvious issue that he still fails to see is that it was the miserable Foote Federov acquisitions that put us behind the salary 8 ball in the 1st place. paying 10.5MM for those two guys on the downside of their careers is criminal. John Mac should have sued him for negligence.

Old
02-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
I really cant see this going anywhere good .. We all know how this board feels about XGMDM I dont think we need to rehash this over and over again .. So this thread is done

Closed Thread