HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komisarek showed leadership

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Habsolution

vCash: 500
Komisarek showed leadership

Of all the negative I thought Komisarek was good tonight. After the first goal I was wondering if something would happen. And when I say something I mean it. A hit, a goal or just an opening, something. Then Komisarek went out and dished 3 huge bodychecks on the same shift. He did what he had to do. I just wanted to bring it up and say there's no way in my mind that Quintal comes back next game. I'd be worried about another irregular heart beat incident if he was to be dressed in one of those games.

Here's one habs fan who's happy about Komisarek's development this season. It took a long time but it seems the situation was handed the right way.

Old
04-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Yeah Komo is just getting better game by game. Hes gona be incredible 2 years down the road.

Old
04-23-2004, 10:45 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Of all the negative I thought Komisarek was good tonight. After the first goal I was wondering if something would happen. And when I say something I mean it. A hit, a goal or just an opening, something. Then Komisarek went out and dished 3 huge bodychecks on the same shift. He did what he had to do. I just wanted to bring it up and say there's no way in my mind that Quintal comes back next game. I'd be worried about another irregular heart beat incident if he was to be dressed in one of those games.

Here's one habs fan who's happy about Komisarek's development this season. It took a long time but it seems the situation was handed the right way.
Yeah I know which shift you mean, komi was awsome on that one. When he nailed that guy behind the net who felt on his back (the second hit I think). Me and my buddy started cheering really loudly and people around us were looking at us like we were crazy. WTF PEOPLE, it was a Nice HIT (mmrfphhh :mad: )

Old
04-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Yeah I know which shift you mean, komi was awsome on that one. When he nailed that guy behind the net who felt on his back (the second hit I think). Me and my buddy started cheering really loudly and people around us were looking at us like we were crazy. WTF PEOPLE, it was a Nice HIT (mmrfphhh :mad: )
At that point I thought the habs would wake up, put up extra effort and do something. I was a bit disapointed. That's why I'm saying he showed leadership. At that point in the game the habs seemed to lack energy. I thought Komisarek had done just that but the habs never seemed willing to build on that at all...

Old
04-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Kirk Muller

With Komisareks play of late, any doubt I had with him being at least a number 4 defenseman have now vanished. All of a sudden, something seemed to just CLICK with him, a lightbulb went on, and he realized he can be a damn fine defenseman in this league.

On the leadership note, I am hoping Sourays haymaker to Sarich can provide a spark for next game.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Slick Nick

Uhmm... Komi the 4th defenceman, not sure about that. He plays well with his shoulders, but he makes so much mistakes. I liked the Komi-Markov pair, allthoug everybody looks good with Markov...

Not send on the ice 8-44 VS St. Louis Lecavalier and Fedotenko... Do not send Bouillon neither. The only guys that can play them are Markov-Rivet, Brisebois ( yeah he sucked tonight) ..

Old
04-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Right now IMO Komisarek is the Dman who contributes the most to the success of the team during the playoffs behind Markov and Rivet. He definitelly proved he belonged in this league and even more, that he could actually be a positive factor in the playoffs, which so far other young guys like Ryder, Ribeiro and Dagenais have all failed to do.

I think Komisarek is probably from now on a regular in Gainey's mind and hopefully Julien's too, so we don't have to see him get the hook in favor of Q once again. IMO Quintal has just officially lost his job in Montreal for next season, unless he agrees to become the 7th Dman, but even Hainsey or Bouillon are better choices for that role.

Komisarek is the most physical Dman we have right now. We haven't had a presence like this on the blueline since Chelios left. He is now officially untouchable material.

Old
04-24-2004, 04:30 AM
MattScott

Send a message via MSN to MattScott
Komo showed why we drafted him 7th overall. He's far from reached his peak, but finally coming into form. Physical, punishing and smart. He'll only get better, we have a true top pairing enforcer of a defenseman on our hands

Old
04-24-2004, 07:15 AM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Right now IMO Komisarek is the Dman who contributes the most to the success of the team during the playoffs behind Markov and Rivet. He definitelly proved he belonged in this league and even more, that he could actually be a positive factor in the playoffs, which so far other young guys like Ryder, Ribeiro and Dagenais have all failed to do.

I think Komisarek is probably from now on a regular in Gainey's mind and hopefully Julien's too, so we don't have to see him get the hook in favor of Q once again. IMO Quintal has just officially lost his job in Montreal for next season, unless he agrees to become the 7th Dman, but even Hainsey or Bouillon are better choices for that role.

Komisarek is the most physical Dman we have right now. We haven't had a presence like this on the blueline since Chelios left. He is now officially untouchable material.
To be honest i think hes always been untouchable... People knew when he was drafted that he would be good... but its just taken time - like it would with any youngster coming into the league and trying to be a good dman... Also i'd mentioned before that Komisarek will one day be an option for the CAptainaincy of this club... he has respect from the fans, the players and the management... In a few years time we're gonna have one heck of a D-man, right there on the blueline again... which ever Montreal Dynasty needs!!!!!

GO GO!!!!

Old
04-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
To be honest i think hes always been untouchable... People knew when he was drafted that he would be good... but its just taken time - like it would with any youngster coming into the league and trying to be a good dman... Also i'd mentioned before that Komisarek will one day be an option for the CAptainaincy of this club... he has respect from the fans, the players and the management... In a few years time we're gonna have one heck of a D-man, right there on the blueline again... which ever Montreal Dynasty needs!!!!!

GO GO!!!!
Ya i agree. I dont think he was ever considered tradable.

Didn't Pat Quin want this guy during the draft?????

I remember him saying he really wanted this guy.

Old
04-24-2004, 11:21 AM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch

Don't know about Pat quinn wanting him but i'll take your word on that one Mooch..AS for your first comment.. completely agree you don't normally, draft players and then just trade them away with out giving them a good shot or knowing that if you do trade them your getting something good in return. So Komi in that sense was alwasy gonna be one that would sit in the organisation working on his talents and getting vaulable experience, and now guess what its paying off....

Old
04-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Komisarek also saw time on the PK ( 1:25 ) , that show Julien think he is ready because he wasent playing on the special team in regular season .

Old
04-24-2004, 12:22 PM
EaGLE1

Komi is the best thing since wrestling

Old
04-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch

Well IMO there's a point where a young bluechip prospect can be considered tradable if involved in a package deal for a can't refuse type of deal. However, I don't think there'll be a can't refuse type of deal to get Komisarek out of Montreal from now on. It's no longer a possibility in my mind.

As for Quinn, I don't know, but Kevin Lowe wanted to draft Komisarek. He was very high on him and thought he was going to become one hell of a Dman. I'll take Mr Lowe's expertise on the subject and agree.

Old
04-24-2004, 01:15 PM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Well IMO there's a point where a young bluechip prospect can be considered tradable if involved in a package deal for a can't refuse type of deal. However, I don't think there'll be a can't refuse type of deal to get Komisarek out of Montreal from now on. It's no longer a possibility in my mind.

As for Quinn, I don't know, but Kevin Lowe wanted to draft Komisarek. He was very high on him and thought he was going to become one hell of a Dman. I'll take Mr Lowe's expertise on the subject and agree.
Yeah i hear you on the bluechip line.. and how in a "can't refuse type deal", that organisations would give them up... I just think with Komisarek that this option would never of came into play... He has meant so much to the franchise and has had so much time and expertise pumped into him to make sure he succeeds. If the Habs were ever to trade him i think it would be when he was an established star and then they could get more for him.... Good d-man are so hard to come by, that trade value normally increases. I do believe though that it would have to take some serious shake ups in the organisations for us to ever see the day when komisarek would leave....

Old
04-24-2004, 08:00 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
yes komi is just a great physicall defenceman with a lot of size who know in some years maybe he will produce well offencively

Closed Thread