HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

Old
01-18-2017, 03:55 AM
tobu

vCash: 500
Ok so what you're saying is that the team is just not good enough. Throughout the season I was quite confident that Jokerit would make playoffs, but I am not so sure anymore looking at the remaining games and the current form.

tobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnished View Post
As I said the second line center Hishon has like 10 points and he is complete ****. Jaakola is also awful and some people were afraid he might have tried to go to NHL after last season lol. Salminen, even though he has some points, has played like a little kid who is scared of contact. Helenius is a horrible goalie, sadly Zapo can't play all games.
Genoway isn't as good as Larsen was. O`Neill isn't as good as Kozun was. Lauridsen is a great physical defender but he has no offensive talent whatsoever.

Jokerit plays very badly vs the lower level teams because they are not good enough for complete puck control yet they still try it.

Also it's still not sure if Jokerit will play in the KHL next season or not.. maybe the players know more and just gave up.

Jokerit has lots of chances every game but they just can't finish their opportunities. A few weeks ago they had a 8 round shootout were Jokerit didn't score a single goal, they are all so uncreative.
Jokerit have a very poor record with shootouts, running into several season in Liiga as well.

Seems ownership doesn't have much faith in the team either as should Jokerit make it into the 3rd round of the playoffs, they'd have to play at the Metro Areena in Espoo because Hartwall is booked for the figure skating World Championships. What is pissing of the fans even more is that those games would not be included in the playoff season ticket, meaning they would have to pay extra for them.

Last edited by Jussi: 01-18-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Finnished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Seems ownership doesn't have much faith in the team either as should Jokerit make it into the 3rd round of the playoffs, they'd have to play at the Metro Areena in Espoo because Hartwall is booked for the figure skating World Championships. What is pissing of the fans even more is that those games would not be included in the playoff season ticket, meaning they would have to pay extra for them.
I am about done with this team and so are many others.

Finnished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Jussi

Quote:
I am about done with this team and so are many others.
So you are...finnished with them?

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Asiantuntija

This is final journey for sure. At the moment when Jokerit signed to KHL my 25 year relationship with team was over. In that moment me and lots of other guys leaved the team, because everyone of us knew that this KHL **** will only destroy the team.

Asiantuntija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 03:18 PM
CPFC

The figure skating championships thing would have happened in Liiga as well, like it did in 1999. It's a very lucrative event for the whole city.

I'm guessing it brings in a lot more money for the arena than the (possible) playoff matches.

CPFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Asiantuntija

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulenova seka View Post
Jokerit leaving KHL after this season or your journey as fan is over ?
Guys from china are going to buy Jokerit, i think that will destroy them once and for all . My journey as fan was over in the moment when Harkimo announced that he is going to sell half of Jokerit to Russian guys and they are going to KHL.

Old
01-19-2017, 02:22 PM
Finnished

The last 2 wins of Jokerit.. are vs SKA. What the actual **** is with this damn team? They can beat the best team in Europe twice but also lose to the worst teams of KHL. Some consistency would be nice

Finnished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 03:05 PM
tobu

Quote:
The last 2 wins of Jokerit.. are vs SKA. What the actual **** is with this damn team? They can beat the best team in Europe twice but also lose to the worst teams of KHL. Some consistency would be nice
Yeah today's result was definitely not expected

tobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2017, 01:17 AM
Asiantuntija

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobu View Post
Yeah today's result was definitely not expected
It was my first time for two years watching Jokerit play, because Viaplay gave me a chance. Kovalchuk is a **** i don't know is he trying to be some Conor McGregor of hockey but show little bit more respect man ! But it was so fun to see that Karma paid him back and they lose the game.

Old
01-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Exarz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiantuntija View Post
Guys from china are going to buy Jokerit, i think that will destroy them once and for all . My journey as fan was over in the moment when Harkimo announced that he is going to sell half of Jokerit to Russian guys and they are going to KHL.
I actually believe the opposite. The way the club has been handled by the Russians this and last season is ****. And he might be willing to invest in the team instead of seeing it as as the bonus child you got with your new wife, like Rotenberg did.

Anyway, we'll see how things turn out. My guess is that Jokert will stay at least 3 more seasons, considering the long contract extensions on Joensuu and Regin.

The league board will probably find one way or another to finance Jokerit's budget if that's the case. If Jokerit (and potentially Slovan in the future) would leave the KHL, they can kiss the idea of bigger European teams joining the league goodbye. (But hey, perhaps they don't care about it as much as before, considering no established team has been rumoured joining the league in a while, plus the whole Crowns project)

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2017, 02:14 AM
Asiantuntija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarz View Post
I actually believe the opposite. The way the club has been handled by the Russians this and last season is ****. And he might be willing to invest in the team instead of seeing it as as the bonus child you got with your new wife, like Rotenberg did.
Totally agree with you about Russian guys, but anyone isn't really suprised that situation leaded to this, almost everyone from Jokerit fan base knew their interest before they came in. Harkimo has always been totally **** and selling Jokerit to Russia was his last trick. Jokerit nowadays is all about money, so far away from that club what i fell in love 25 years ago.

Old
01-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Exarz

vCash: 50
I am so pissed and this season is ****ed.

Interesting side note: Jokerit's season will probably end February 16. Liiga's transfer window closes February 15.

Exarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 02:57 PM
CPFC

So Liiga has given a 100 000 € fine to Ilves because they hired Michael Keränen, who had been released from Jokerit a while ago. Apparently there is a verbal agreement in Liiga which prohibits clubs from hiring players from Jokerit. The players' association is going to challenge the fine in court, saying that the agreement is unfair and against EU rules regarding employment.

It's a messy situation and really bad publicity for Liiga. Also, by forbidding Liiga clubs from hiring Jokerit players, Liiga is shooting itself in the foot, as they are potentially forcing good players to go to other leagues. Liiga still has a grudge against Jokerit and they want to make life harder for Jokerit, even if it has negative consequences for them as well.

Old
02-07-2017, 03:39 PM
mitch mdv zg

Wow, 100k!

What are average club budgets in Liiga?

mitch mdv zg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 03:51 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch mdv zg View Post
Wow, 100k!

What are average club budgets in Liiga?
~5 mil I'd imagine although the spread is quite big.

"Here's a statistic, the average person in the world has less than 2 legs. Which is absolutely correct but somewhat misleading."
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 04:33 PM
CPFC

Biggest budget is 9,6 mil and smallest 3,5 mil, source( total budget, player budget, profit goal): http://images.cdn.yle.fi/image/uploa...-3-9232929.jpg

Old
02-07-2017, 04:40 PM
penepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC View Post
Biggest budget is 9,6 mil and smallest 3,5 mil, source( total budget, player budget, profit goal): http://images.cdn.yle.fi/image/uploa...-3-9232929.jpg
Are there any similar data on SHL and/or NLA?

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Dueling Banjos

vCash: 250
SHL players budget (so overall budget is much higher): https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...budget_a_list/

Here are NLA numbers as well as some other leagues, data is from 2012 though and i have no idea if those numbers are trustworthy: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1099893

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote