HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I am torn

Old
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
RDriesenUD

vCash: 500
I am torn

Just wondering how many people are in the same position I am in. On one hand I want us to go crazy winning games to shut some people up and to show that Foote and Feds weren't these great guys for us. On the other hand, I want to drop like crazy and get a high pick. If we aren't gonna make the playoffs, I would rather finish last than 9th.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:17 PM
FiveHole23

Its a deep draft.

So I would rather see us push hard, if we only miss it by a few points it will be an exciting end of the year. Which I have never expierenced as a Jackets fan.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
RDriesenUD

deep or not, if you arent in the playoffs, its better picking first than not first .

Old
02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
CBJForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
deep or not, if you arent in the playoffs, its better picking first than not first .
I would like us to finish hard so we get a winning tradition with the young guys. This will help build character for next year when we add key pieces.

CBJForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Bobcat110

Nothing would serve this team better than winning...They need to know that they didn't have to rely on Foote and Feds to win and build their confidence. Nothing would make this whole Richards let down better other than to edge Colorado out of this year's playoffs and then knock Dallas out. The media has written this team off as of yesterday...of course, the media wrote this team off in September. Hopefully, they can rally around this and still make an attempt at the playoffs. Regardless of playoffs, they need to finish strong. I fear tanking the remaining games by this young team will do nothing but make them question themselves going into next season.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
Nothing would serve this team better than winning...They need to know that they didn't have to rely on Foote and Feds to win and build their confidence. Nothing would make this whole Richards let down better other than to edge Colorado out of this year's playoffs and then knock Dallas out. The media has written this team off as of yesterday...of course, the media wrote this team off in September. Hopefully, they can rally around this and still make an attempt at the playoffs. Regardless of playoffs, they need to finish strong. I fear tanking the remaining games by this young team will do nothing but make them question themselves going into next season.
I would like to finish strong as well. But as of right now, it's extremely unrealistic that we're going to make the playoffs. If we don't make the playoffs, I really want Colorado to make it to use the draft pick this year.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Imjustabill

I'm not torn at all - I want to see wins.

I hope the team takes a Jake Taylor attitude starting tonight; you know:

Jake Taylor: Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.
Roger Dorn: What's that?
Jake Taylor: Win the whole ****ing thing.

Imjustabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
I'm not torn at all - I want to see wins.

I hope the team takes a Jake Taylor attitude starting tonight; you know:

Jake Taylor: Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.
Roger Dorn: What's that?
Jake Taylor: Win the whole ****ing thing.
I'm with you. All I want is wins. But at the very least, I wanna see the boys continue to play hard. If they play their butts of the rest of the season wins will come. It likely won't be enough for the playoffs but the point is to build a culture of winning and not take games and shifts off. I think were finally heading that way.

And for the record, Major League is a great movie.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:41 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJForward View Post
I would like us to finish hard so we get a winning tradition with the young guys. This will help build character for next year when we add key pieces.
i dont buy that at all though. i have plenty of teams i root for who always are crap, finish strong, and then we say, this should bode well for next year. then they suck next year .

Old
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
I agree. However, I'd like to make it into the playoffs along with Colorado, so we get the '08 1st round pick.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA28Flyer View Post
I agree. However, I'd like to make it into the playoffs along with Colorado, so we get the '08 1st round pick.
Yeah an extra pick this year is probably easier to flip as part of a trade for a real #1 center.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:56 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Tank Tank Tank

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Win and shut people up.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:08 PM
CapnCornelius

Unless someone steps up to be a leader on this team, I see them slipping a few spots. But the Southeast is so horrible that we still probably will be ahead of everyone in that division.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:09 PM
DougKnowsBest

well win of course.

plenty of quality players are selected outside of the top 10. no matter where we pick. the player selected wont be able to help us for 2-3 years at best.

we have come so far this year. there should be no turning back

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
I understand your logic, but winning feels good and I can't deny that craving.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
It's the idea. I'd like to root for a hockey team that plays just as hard when they're up five goals or down five goals. The same goes for the standings.

90% of people on the board complain that the NHL among other people don't dignify our hockey club. Then some of them turn around and want to play without dignity.

I say pish-posh. Pish...Posh.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
forktie

Scott thinks this team can still make it.
Hitch thinks this team can still make it.
I think this team can still make it.

I want this team to win. I don't want this team to lose. I could care less about draft picks at this point.
I want them to win with or without Richards, with or without Feds, and with or without Foote.
I want wins. I still want them now. I will still be disappointed if we don't compete the rest of the season.

Too many people are content in giving up and calling it common sense.
Its okay to be a fan. Its ok to want wins. You wanted them a month ago. Why don;t you want them now?

F$%& draft picks.

forktie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Casework

We need to win so I can keep whatever sanity I have left.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:02 PM
puckfan64

Quote:
Pretty much sums up how I feel...I want to see these young guys play their collective tails off, building their confidence for next season, and make it into the playoffs, even if it is as the #8 seed. Hopefully, Colorado will make it in as well, so we can get their '08 #1. Win or lose in the playoffs, we would at least remove the stigma of "the only NHL team to never make the playoffs". This might aid in making C-bus a little more attractive to free agents.

There is no...repeat, no...excuse for tanking the rest of the season.

puckfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by forktie View Post
Scott thinks this team can still make it.
No he doesn't, traded 2 key pieces and got 0 roster players back, that's giving up on your team if I've ever seen it. Howson gave up on this season yesterday.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
JacketsFanWest

Win. I'd like to see the Jackets get as close to getting to the playoffs as possible as motivation for next year. That certainly will also help in attracting UFAs and improve the overall morale of the franchise.

If the Jackets scouts really want a player expected to go higher in the draft, there's the possibility of trading up, especially if the Jackets have two first round picks. I'd rather see them do that than intentionally tank.

But I'd also rather see them give the younger players time to improve and make stupid rookie mistakes this season, rather than next season.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
No he doesn't, traded 2 key pieces and got 0 roster players back, that's giving up on your team if I've ever seen it. Howson gave up on this season yesterday.
He did what he had to do when he didn't land Richards. Period.

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Two key pieces............

They both were with Columbus for the past three seasons - not once has Columbus finished in the top 20 teams in the league...

One will be 37 years old to start next season - the other 38 years old....... Time to set them free..............

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:21 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Tank and draft Luke Schenn.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote