HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Scott Howson on 1460AM at 5:20pm

Old
02-27-2008, 09:43 AM
5StringBuzz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
Even more interesting to me will be Smith with the Tampa defense in front of him. Smith has been spoiled ROTTEN with the Dallas D.

I sorta feel sorry for Richards ... the physical, gritty element of hockey has never been his strength or to his liking at all. He's got a rough gig ahead of him in D. He'll still be getting his enormous paycheck ... so it's not like I'm gonna CRY for him or anything. Still.
Yep, I'll be watching Smith. If he turns out to be real starter material, TB got what they wanted.

I'll also be watching Turco. No matter what Richards does in Dallas, if Turco gets hurt or goes cold, what's their Plan B?

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA28Flyer View Post
what's their Plan B?
Holmqvist

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
I sorta feel sorry for Richards ... the physical, gritty element of hockey has never been his strength or to his liking at all.
Then why did WE want him? This is something I've been wondering for a couple of weeks. Hitch could have taught him to play more of a two-way game, but...

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Aging Goalie

Dropping back to the whole can't comment on Marleau bit. Has anybody wondered if because the Sharks were in Buy mode they didn't want to part with him and told Scott to call back after the playoffs to get the deal done. The whole leaving no stone unturned comment could be read into that direction also..... Just a thought.

Another thing that stuck out glaringly to me was that Howson said they knew they were trading Feds no matter what. To me that smells of locker room cancer not leader. Could be why the ducks wanted rid of him so bad when we got him.

Another thing that was not mentioned but possibly we could ask Hitch and I will take it over to that thread momentarily is about the lack of effort seen by the team to stay in it recently. Maybe it was just me but it seemed like all at once the vets that knew they could get traded if we were basically out of it let up when they had the chance to make a go of it to basically insure they would go to somewhere that stood a better chance of a cup run. If that is what was being seen by the coaching staff Kudos to Scott for showing the younger guys that they won't always get what they are playing for (ie...trade).

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
OUJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Then why did WE want him? This is something I've been wondering for a couple of weeks. Hitch could have taught him to play more of a two-way game, but...
Richards is well-known for being a two-way player as well as an exceptional playmaker. He didn't win a Stanley Cup playing one way, and according to his TSN scouting report, he owns "two-way savvy."

OUJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Goalie View Post
Another thing that stuck out glaringly to me was that Howson said they knew they were trading Feds no matter what. To me that smells of locker room cancer not leader. Could be why the ducks wanted rid of him so bad when we got him.
I think you might be right about Feds. Especially considering what Peca was quoted as saying in the Dispatch today:

Quote:
"There will be a lot of disappointment that Adam won't be there," center Michael Peca said. "No disrespect to Sergei, but this is more so about Adam, because he was a big piece of this puzzle."
That makes it sound to me that Federov won't be missed at all.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyFan45 View Post
I think you might be right about Feds. Especially considering what Peca was quoted as saying in the Dispatch today:

That makes it sound to me that Federov won't be missed at all.
I agree. I remember on a few occations seeing Federov on the bench and having players talk to him. His facial expressions seemed indifferent and he just appeared to be arrogant.

::Shrug:: Just something I thought on a few occations.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:02 PM
FiveHole23

Wasnt Feds rumored to be some what of cancer on the Wings?

I always felt like Feds always thought he was to good to be here, almost Brett Hull Sindrome. His contract kind of made it tough do anything though.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:12 PM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJrumble View Post
Wasnt Feds rumored to be some what of cancer on the Wings?

I always felt like Feds always thought he was to good to be here, almost Brett Hull Sindrome. His contract kind of made it tough do anything though.
I mostly liked the idea of Sergei Fedorov -- you know -- the one that was a star for the Wings years ago. That guy never played in Columbus. Glad we got something for him. Glad we saved a few bucks by dealing him. Between his month off for a concussion (and especially given the current sensitivity to concussion issues) and his most recent charley horse/groin problems, his value probably dropped by the dudline anyway. Cancer or not, I don't think his departure is much of a loss, and if he did have an attitude problem, then it's addition by subtraction.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 02:22 PM
LaCosta Nostra

I just listened to a replay of the entire show yesterday and come to a few conclusions:

1) Herbie is a CBJ fan and gets it. He is great to listen to. He doesn't fly off the handle. He asked very good questions, so he could make an informed opinion/decision.
2) Hooley has moments where he has diarrhea of the mouth and says stupid stuff, before stopping to think.
3) Spielman is an intellectual retard who doesn't have the ability to reason. Saying to trade Zherdev for Richards (he didn't seem like he was joking) was just idiotic. He should be banned from talking about the CBJ. Comparing Colorado to Columbus was stupid. Look at their team, they're stacked compared to us. There's a reason they're going for the playoffs, they just got Sakic and Smyth back, who are like Nash/Zherdev (IMO).

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote