HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phantoms---Boucher to San Jose

Old
02-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
unless there's a specific agreement btwn the AHL/NHL that would allow a player to simply opt out of a AHL-contract to a NHL-contract, then I would imagine the "Phantoms" would have to allow the player out of their contract (unless an opt out was written into the contract). however, i'm not sure an explicit answer was ever found on that front.

in other news, has Timmeh P ever watched Prospal play? the description of his skating is comical.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
How on earth could Munroe have a 14-4 record, a GAA of 2.12 and a save %age of .922 by having a bunch of "clunker" games following an "earth-shattering game"?

Here is a link to Munroe's game by game stats, http://stats.theahl.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=1183.

Looking at that, he basically started the entire month of November while Boucher was out and he put a 5-1 record, 2.06 GAA and .917 save %age. His worst month was January where his GAA was 2.48 and his save %age was .912.

I'm just not seeing a bunch of "clunker" games after good ones, at least nothing that is out of the ordinary for any goaltender.

Again, the AHL is a developmental league. With Boucher gone it gives Munroe the opportunity to develop his game and we maybe find out if the Flyers found a diamond in the rough or if he is just a career minor leaguer.

I have been to at least 20 phantoms games between this year and last. Playing behind Parent, Gauthier, Guenin, Jonsson, etc- is why he is having such a good season.

Munroe played as a starter for almost all of last season and was ESCHE, if your going to take a bad season away from him for having a bad defense, and say it's normal to have a clunker every few games NOW....

then why was Nitty scorned so bad by flyers fans? Bad defense and an injury- yet he was thrown under the bus.

I just don't think Munroe has a high skill level- he's a big guy that covers the net...will never be an NHL goalie.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 11:02 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
I have been to at least 20 phantoms games between this year and last. Playing behind Parent, Gauthier, Guenin, Jonsson, etc- is why he is having such a good season.
Is that then the reason why Boucher put up such good numbers for the Phantoms?

Either way, Boucher is what he is and everyone knows that. Munroe is still a somewhat unknown commodity. He's been a very pleasant surprise as a free agent signing and has certainly outplayed "prospects" Houle and Beauchemin.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Is that then the reason why Boucher put up such good numbers for the Phantoms?

Either way, Boucher is what he is and everyone knows that. Munroe is still a somewhat unknown commodity. He's been a very pleasant surprise as a free agent signing and has certainly outplayed "prospects" Houle and Beauchemin.
I don't know how anything can be compared. Houle, Beachemin and Munroe all played behind the same D last year...none had great numbers...and the games I went to Munroe and Houle were very comparable.

Houle and Beauchemin haven't played behind the much improved Defense this year, so it's not fair to say Munroe outplayed them this year. And yes, Boucher did get a pretty awesome AHL defense, but I believe he is a very good goalie anyway.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 11:39 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
I don't know how anything can be compared. Houle, Beachemin and Munroe all played behind the same D last year...none had great numbers...and the games I went to Munroe and Houle were very comparable.

Houle and Beauchemin haven't played behind the much improved Defense this year, so it's not fair to say Munroe outplayed them this year. And yes, Boucher did get a pretty awesome AHL defense, but I believe he is a very good goalie anyway.
All we can base the "outplaying" argument against is last season where Munroe was clearly better than Houle and Beauchemin. IMO for Munroe to have a save %age of .908 and 2 shutouts playing behind that porous defense is pretty impressive, especially when he faced on average 5 more shots per game than Houle.

Can we at least agree that both Houle and Munroe are head and shoulders above Beauchemin?

We'll get to see how Houle plays, but I suspect that Munroe will get the bulk of the starts.

Old
02-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Death of a Martian

I really really would have liked to see Boucher make at least 1 start for the Flyers.

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 11:41 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of a Martian View Post

I really really would have liked to see Boucher make at least 1 start for the Flyers.
Barring injury (and possibly even then) I don't think you were going to see that happen this season given that Boucher was signed to an AHL contract.

Old
02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Death of a Martian

Quote:
Barring injury (and possibly even then) I don't think you were going to see that happen this season given that Boucher was signed to an AHL contract.
Yeah well **** happens and it was a signature away from being so, so don't make it sound impossible.

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote