HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

Atd#8-MLII ***The All-Time AAA Draft *** (picks, rosters, everything in this thread)

Old
02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Transplanted Caper

vCash: 500
Votes will be in within the hour.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2008, 10:44 PM
seventieslord

Voting right away.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 08:09 AM
BM67

Voting results:

Top 3 teams:
1: Chicago Cougars
2: LA Blades
3: Greenville Grrrowl

All-star team:
Pelle Eklund - Gus Bodnar - Rejean Houle
Curt Giles - Lee Fogolin Sr.
Bert Lindsay
Johnny Gagnon

BM67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 08:47 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
Top 3 teams:
1: Chicago Cougars (pappyline)
2: LA Blades (pitseleh)
3: Greenville Grrrowl (VanIslander)
Us three are old hat at this!

Quote:
Pelle Eklund (Falcons) - Gus Bodnar (Blades) - Rejean Houle (Falcons)
Curt Giles (Grrrowl) - Lee Fogolin Sr. (Grrrowl)
Bert Lindsay (Bulldogs)
Johnny Gagnon (Blades)
Interesting how indeed the top crop of 12 has none on the all-star squad: pappyline's Cougars impress as a whole, though I personally was taken with Evans, Walton, Dewsbury, Maki.

Conversely, the Falcons had two all-stars but as a whole wasn't the best. Certainly above average. papershoes & Johnny O deserve a

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 08:55 AM
papershoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Us three are old hat at this!

Interesting how indeed the top crop of 12 has none on the all-star squad: pappyline's Cougars impress as a whole, though I personally was taken with Evans, Walton, Dewsbury, Maki.
Congrats to the Cougars, Blades, and Growl for finishing 1-3 and building a fantastic group of call-up players.

I agree, pappyline's team was impressive as a whole but, all-star votes certainly could have gone to Evans, Walton, Lewicki, and Thompson.

All of the teams were well-built and, provide a nice crop of players for consideration in the next minor-league draft - congrats to all GM's.

Quote:
Conversely, the Falcons had two all-stars but as a whole wasn't the best. Certainly above average. papershoes & Johnny O deserve a
Thanks! Johnny O and I worked well as co-GM's and, we're hoping to take the next step and challenge as an all-rookie team in atd#9

papershoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:07 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by papershoes View Post
Johnny O and I worked well as co-GM's and, we're hoping to take the next step and challenge as an all-rookie team in atd#9
Look forward to it.

And while all g.m.s in the AAA Draft came through, as did BM67 with his timely help tabulating, there's another newbie I gotta give kudos to: those behind the Americanadians: chaosrevolver & NateTheGreat. Very interesting picks. And the one-two punch to begin the draft, of Napier & Cooper, left me reeling.

Newbie duos seems to be a good formula.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:13 AM
pappyline

Thanks for the votes of support. I actually had LA Blades & Greenville as #1 & #2 so although I was surprised to win, I am not surprised that they are in the top 3. The cougars didn't have anybody on the allstars which is indicative on what good selections everyone made & how anybody could have won this.

pappyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 12:43 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyline View Post
Thanks for the votes of support. I actually had LA Blades & Greenville as #1 & #2 so although I was surprised to win, I am not surprised that they are in the top 3. The cougars didn't have anybody on the allstars which is indicative on what good selections everyone made & how anybody could have won this.
I had your team listed as very solid, but did not have an MVP pick from it either. So, that falls right in line with what you're saying.

Old
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Transplanted Caper

Congrats to the winners and the All-Stars. Pleasantly suprised to see Lindsay in there.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 01:05 PM
pitseleh

Congrats to pappy and VanIslander on their finishes. And thanks to everyone who voted for the Blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
Congrats to the winners and the All-Stars. Pleasantly suprised to see Lindsay in there.
I thought Lindsay was one of the best picks of the draft. He was a player that totally slipped my mind. He's definitely worthy of a MLD selection.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 03:55 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Look forward to it.

And while all g.m.s in the AAA Draft came through, as did BM67 with his timely help tabulating, there's another newbie I gotta give kudos to: those behind the Americanadians: chaosrevolver & NateTheGreat. Very interesting picks. And the one-two punch to begin the draft, of Napier & Cooper, left me reeling.

Newbie duos seems to be a good formula.
Thanks man.

Congrats guys. Built solid teams and it was tough to choose as I didnt feel there was a team who did not pick solidly.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
MXD

I missed the voting, but I'll give my personnal opinion...

Best player selected in this draft? Charles McVeigh. Better than every checking LW's but three selected in the MLD.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post

Best player selected in this draft? Charles McVeigh. Better than every checking LW's but three selected in the MLD.
I thought he was an awesome pick too. I had him in the extra All-Star slot since I figured the top-3 was probably better reserved for the most talented/best overall players.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:

He was on our list but we instead went with Herberts, Napier and Cooper.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Hawkman
RIP Jean Beliveau

Quote:
I missed the voting, but I'll give my personnal opinion... Best player selected in this draft? Charles McVeigh. Better than every checking LW's but three selected in the MLD.
Thanks! I actually thought his retro Selke was our best shot at having 1 All-Star. Shows what I know. I'm looking forward to working with papershoes on ATD #9!

Hawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
seventieslord

My Jimmy Ward pick was a great pick! I knew it was a good pick when I made it, but I never realized how good. I have a list of adjusted career point totals up to 2006, and as anyone who has studied adjusted point totals knows, it is very biased towards players from 1970+ despite attempts to level the playing field. Ward is 291st on this list with adjusted numbers very similar to guys like Don Lever, Ken Wharram, Danny Gare, Mel Bridgman, Herb Cain, and better than Bill Thoms, a player from the same era I almost selected in the MLD but instead chose Jason Allison (who is now sitting out for a $3.0M contract while Thoms is in the semifinals )

In fact, if Jimmy Ward managed to slip through the AAA draft, he'd have been the 14th highest adjusted point getter to not be selected. (936-261-323-584) The 13 ahead of him in this regard are all forwards who started between 1985 and 1998. In fact, you'd have to go all the way down to #393 on the adjusted points list (37th highest unselected player), Eddie Wiseman (already gave him his props in the top 1000 thread) to find another unselected pre-1950 player.

In other words, Jimmy Ward is as prolific a pre-1950 scorer that was left. I hope I have opened people's eyes to him, and he should definitely be a mid-round MLD pick next time around.